HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 27, 2012, 03:04 PM
United Kingdom, England, Holmfirth
Joined Nov 2012
4 Posts
Discussion
Can I fly my Wasp X3 on a sky-703?

Hi All,
After much carry on (2 months!) the seller of my Wasp X3 has found my sky-706 was faulty. They could not get another 706, so sent me a new 703 instead. I have set it up to communicate etc with my pc, but I cannot seem to use the Wasp X3 programme from the disc included with my 706 on the new 703. The settings go blank on the throttle curves etc. Is there a Sky-703 "friendly" programme available please?

Thanks in advance,

Tim. :-)
Timofee is offline Find More Posts by Timofee
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 28, 2012, 03:36 AM
United States, MI, Auburn Hills
Joined Dec 2008
833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timofee View Post
Hi All,
After much carry on (2 months!) the seller of my Wasp X3 has found my sky-706 was faulty. They could not get another 706, so sent me a new 703 instead. I have set it up to communicate etc with my pc, but I cannot seem to use the Wasp X3 programme from the disc included with my 706 on the new 703. The settings go blank on the throttle curves etc. Is there a Sky-703 "friendly" programme available please?

Thanks in advance,

That is correct. The Sky 703 requires a different program to program the Transmitter. ALSO the Sky703 program will ONLY run on a 32 bit version of Windows running on 32 bit hardware. The factory still offers Sky706 Transmitters and your dealer needs to step up and do the right thing by you! They can take a Sky706 out of another skyartec model package and the factory will reimburse them later
You really SHOULD require them to replace the radio with EITHER the Sky 706 or the NEW NASA701 - both have Dual Rates and Expo Control Adjustments while the Sky 703 does not.

contact me directly at max@parkrcmodels.com with any additional questions (we do not use message system here to conduct our business communications)

Regards

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
www.skyartec-usa.com
Parkflying is offline Find More Posts by Parkflying
Site Sponsor
Last edited by Parkflying; Dec 28, 2012 at 03:42 AM.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 08:04 AM
Joined Nov 2012
4 Posts
Much appreciated Max! :-)
Old Dec 28, 2012, 11:44 AM
Joined Dec 2008
833 Posts
Quote:
Much appreciated Max! :-)
Keep me posted on the outcome of this replacement issue. Personally I think your dealer should be professionally embarrassed he cannot provide you with the level of support you paid for with your purchase

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
www.skyartec-usa.com
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 28, 2012, 05:55 PM
Joined Nov 2012
4 Posts
Will do Max. What really annoys me though was 10 minutes before ordering I rang the company and asked "is this model fully supported, do you have knowledgable techs" etc, I was replied with "Oh yes, blah blah blah".
I will keep you posted, probably by email if thats ok, incase names etc are mentioned.

Thanks again,

Old Dec 28, 2012, 08:46 PM
Joined Dec 2008
833 Posts
Quote:
Will do Max. What really annoys me though was 10 minutes before ordering I rang the company and asked "is this model fully supported, do you have knowledgable techs" etc, I was replied with "Oh yes, blah blah blah".
I will keep you posted, probably by email if thats ok, incase names etc are mentioned.

Thanks again,

I will follow up with the information that you can pass to me to the director and CEO of the Skyartec Factory immediately upon receipt of the details to my direct address. He is a great guy; stayed at my home here in the USA when he visits AND I know he will take a personal interest if you don't get the support you paid for when you purchased his product from one of his dealers; Let the dealer know that their lack of support could impact future business with the factory AND remind them what you were told about support. Remind them that a mention of their bad support here on RCGroups dealer forum could greatly impact their business. Again I want to restate that the Sky706 is still available but for your trouble the least they should do is replace it with the NASA701 Tx. Normally the factory will just send replacements to the dealer with their next orders so immediate replacement should not be an issue for this dealer.

Regards

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
www.skyartec-usa.com
Site Sponsor