Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 28, 2011, 11:20 AM
Eat, Sleep, Fly!
Joined Mar 2001
659 Posts
Discussion
Need a Sticky?

It would be nice to have a 'sticky' for the RC KITES interest group that lists kite sources and kite parts sources. That info is being scattered into various threads now and will continue to be so in the future unless we centralize it. Who is the interest group manager?
realglow is offline Find More Posts by realglow
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 28, 2011, 01:33 PM
Joined Jan 2006
2,347 Posts
And suggested CG / motor locations/heights for various shapes..?
stanordave is offline Find More Posts by stanordave
Old Feb 28, 2011, 07:45 PM
ApachePilot
Joined Oct 2006
1,866 Posts
I am in full agreement that this forum needs a sticky listiing scources for kite sales, electronics, thrust vectoring units, batteries and such.

ApachePilot
ApachePilot is offline Find More Posts by ApachePilot
Old Feb 28, 2011, 08:19 PM
Eat, Sleep, Fly!
Joined Mar 2001
659 Posts
Mike,
Your suggestion might be good for another sticky if you can find someone who can write it. Let's keep the kite supplier sticky limited to suppliers.
James
realglow is offline Find More Posts by realglow
Old Mar 01, 2011, 10:29 AM
14s 180mah should be enough...
United States, NC, Pfafftown
Joined Feb 2001
3,635 Posts
To get a sticky, write up the post, then report it. You can ask the mods to sticky it when you report it.

I requested the vector unit thread be stickied...some of you might want to do the same. Be sure to mention why it should be stickied...

Tim
AG4RZ
IFLYOS is offline Find More Posts by IFLYOS
Old Mar 01, 2011, 04:02 PM
Expat
Japan
Joined Apr 2010
3,010 Posts
I'm a bit frustrated as I can't quite get my conversion completely planned yet. I wanted to make complete build log, with online supplier links for all parts, of a 'perfect' entry level 2 line sport kite total vector conversion. This would include building a Premiere vector unit replica. I ran into problems with the CF tube crossbow joint, and ball-joint servo linkages for the vector unit. Otherwise I got the rest set up.
Perhaps this RC kite part of the RC hobby is so new that we're in that transition period where everyone is kind of feeling in the dark a bit.
TheNiceGuy is offline Find More Posts by TheNiceGuy
Old Mar 01, 2011, 10:00 PM
Malaysia, Selangor, Kajang
Joined Jun 2009
1,391 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNiceGuy View Post
...Perhaps this RC kite part of the RC hobby is so new that we're in that transition period where everyone is kind of feeling in the dark a bit.
Which to me is half the fun of it
slebetman is offline Find More Posts by slebetman
Old Apr 29, 2011, 06:22 PM
Jimfrisky
United States, CA, Simi Valley
Joined Jan 2001
428 Posts
Ok its dark how do you wrap joints?

Converting kites carbon or glass rod joints wrapping with carbon ribbon do you epoxy or ca ? Basically how to do ? thanks Jim
JIMFRISKY is offline Find More Posts by JIMFRISKY