HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 25, 2014, 11:12 AM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
10,901 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
The 120 size is nice. MSR/MSR-X Nano CP-X's all fly fine but fun to fly a bigger bird. No so big to be an issue indoors or out. To bad they don't update this to a FBL f/p. I'm sure that will not happen since they have 130X. Shaft drive on that is an issue. anyway this is great sport flyer.
Hi Dank, You kinda lost me. Are you saying the 130X has the shaft drive issue?

Mike
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 25, 2014, 11:28 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,488 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
Hi Dank, You kinda lost me. Are you saying the 130X has the shaft drive issue?

Mike
Yes,
Stock gears on 130X have been known to fail. there are metal upgrades/ better bearings etc to fix this. 130X is a good heli but requires more work to keep it going.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Jun 26, 2014, 10:59 AM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
10,901 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
Yes,
Stock gears on 130X have been known to fail. there are metal upgrades/ better bearings etc to fix this. 130X is a good heli but requires more work to keep it going.
OK. Thanks for that info

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Jul 08, 2014, 10:31 PM
United States, OR, Corvallis
Joined May 2014
102 Posts
I guess all good things have to come to an end at some point in time, and today was one for me. What? you ask. Well, after 6 months of flying, the stock batteries in my 120SR RTF controller finally gave up the ghost. It surprised me as to what happens. I had flown one pack, and was just starting on my second, when the heli was ~30' away it just dropped from the sky like there was no power!?!?! I walked over and checked things out, and everything seemed ok, so shrugging it off, I went for launch number 2. About 20' away, same thing happened, so I figured my bat's finally gave up the ghost.

I had my mcpx2 with me, and its RTF transmitter, DX4, so I bound it to the 120SR and tried that as an experiment to see how things fly; way different! It flew really lazy and slow like around, enough so, that I was careful flying into the wind, so it wouldn't get tipped on its side.

I am re-binding the 120SR back to its original stock xmitter, as it seems to fly pretty aggressive with it. Fun experiment though!
HeliFlyer14 is online now Find More Posts by HeliFlyer14
Old Jul 08, 2014, 10:49 PM
Heli's rule!
Midvale, Utah, USA
Joined Mar 2005
8,582 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliFlyer14 View Post
I guess all good things have to come to an end at some point in time, and today was one for me. What? you ask. Well, after 6 months of flying, the stock batteries in my 120SR RTF controller finally gave up the ghost. It surprised me as to what happens. I had flown one pack, and was just starting on my second, when the heli was ~30' away it just dropped from the sky like there was no power!?!?! I walked over and checked things out, and everything seemed ok, so shrugging it off, I went for launch number 2. About 20' away, same thing happened, so I figured my bat's finally gave up the ghost.

I had my mcpx2 with me, and its RTF transmitter, DX4, so I bound it to the 120SR and tried that as an experiment to see how things fly; way different! It flew really lazy and slow like around, enough so, that I was careful flying into the wind, so it wouldn't get tipped on its side.

I am re-binding the 120SR back to its original stock xmitter, as it seems to fly pretty aggressive with it. Fun experiment though!
My guess is you have either the dual rate, or the "gear" switch activated on the DX4, or both..... Either switch will cut down the amount of swash movement you get, and both together will really "lazy it up"..... With the switches in the right positions, your 120sr will fly MUCH better with the DX4 than it will with the stock TX.... I would give it another try and experiment with the switches to get the full swash movement....
dacaur is offline Find More Posts by dacaur
Old Jul 08, 2014, 11:56 PM
Joined May 2014
102 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacaur View Post
My guess is you have either the dual rate, or the "gear" switch activated on the DX4, or both..... Either switch will cut down the amount of swash movement you get, and both together will really "lazy it up"..... With the switches in the right positions, your 120sr will fly MUCH better with the DX4 than it will with the stock TX.... I would give it another try and experiment with the switches to get the full swash movement....
so I did flip the dual rates up to "hi", but what is the "gear" switch? Is that the idle up switch? i'll have to try it again I guess
Old Jul 11, 2014, 11:47 PM
Joined May 2014
102 Posts
curious if anybody has seen this before, but when I am flying, all of a sudden the heli will just turn off and drop from the sky as if the battery was disconnected. It is loosing connection with the xmitter, because when I get back close again, it will spool up. I just put new batteries in the xmitter (stock rtf from blade), as this also happened the other day and I thought they were too old (read my post above), but now happening again and being only 30' away, I am a little surprised.

my suspicion right now, is one of my servos is causing electrical noise back into the control board. In 6 months of flying, I have never cleaned it, and it is starting to act up a little when first initializing (the quick little up/down motions as it is trying to home, check youtube for ref).

just curious if anybody else have seen a dirty servo cause this drop from the sky, or if it is something else.

thanks
Old Jul 12, 2014, 12:23 AM
Scout CX | mCX2 | mSR | 120SR
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
6,473 Posts
No, have never seen that.
North_of_49 is online now Find More Posts by North_of_49
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 12, 2014, 09:33 PM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,807 Posts
I did have that problem, but I can't remember what I did to solve it. It wasn't just the antenna, though. I think I replaced the board.
Saxguy1000 is offline Find More Posts by Saxguy1000
Old Jul 13, 2014, 03:05 PM
Joined May 2014
102 Posts
so I took the servos apart and cleaned the little metal strips inside, and everything is working great again.

they were pretty dirty inside. I used a Q-tip with alcohol to clean them, and quite a bit of black stuff came off. I also followed that up with an eraser to get any stubborn areas. now when plugging in the battery, the servos just init quickly without any of the quick little hunting moves.

I have flown two batteries through it now, and both were flawless (even my flying was too). the first flight I stayed slow and low, maybe a foot or two off the ground and went out 100' or so then came back without any problems. I flew it like that till the battery was done. I flew another pack today up high and fast, with quick turns and zipping around the place, to test with more of a load on the motor. Everything went fine with that flight too.

the moral of the story, at least in this case, was the dirty servos were messing up the flight controller, and acting as if contact with the radio was lost. I am guessing electrical noise was being introduced back into the system.
Old Jul 14, 2014, 08:49 AM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined May 2014
86 Posts
Use Deoxit D5 and F5 to clean the micro servos.
RyanFromYEG is online now Find More Posts by RyanFromYEG