HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 10, 2010, 06:19 AM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
About the canopy.. I believe it looks better than the real one
The model is more than acceptable as it is for me...
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 10, 2010, 07:19 AM
Flies to poles
Far far North +2 zulu
Joined Jun 2008
46 Posts
Looks like F15 canopy and the turtledeck is too large and long. Canopy fix would do miracles, and bigger wheels, but those can be modified by pair of hands..
kreot is offline Find More Posts by kreot
Old Jun 10, 2010, 07:25 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
how can a canopy fix would do mirracles??/ omg..
btw a little paint under the canopy can "fix: the problem.. the shape is just fine

oh oh oh .. there are no slats on the real model.. can you remove those too??? :/
Old Jun 10, 2010, 07:47 AM
Flies to poles
Far far North +2 zulu
Joined Jun 2008
46 Posts
Right now it looks like F15 penetrated mig29 in chase.. So yes, i dont wanna see F15 nose in beautiful planes. And please open your eyes, there are slats in mig-29:

kreot is offline Find More Posts by kreot
Old Jun 10, 2010, 07:57 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
there are also air vents... they didn't put those.. and 3 lights at a wrong position and the rear wheels are larger than the fron and it also has intercom... a gun working missiles and a radar.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 08:27 AM
Cut the yellow wire
United States, NJ, Trenton
Joined Jan 2004
8,997 Posts
pavcon-- You seem to be taking our opinions personally. Take a breath and relax. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and nobody is getting on you for yours so lighten up.
CarreraGTSCS is offline Find More Posts by CarreraGTSCS
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Split elevator set up JR 9303
Old Jun 10, 2010, 08:37 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
I just see a great plane that I can' t wait to get my hands on and the attention to the slightest detail is a bit annoying... you don't like it you don't buy it.. that's all..
Old Jun 10, 2010, 09:04 AM
Cut the yellow wire
Joined Jan 2004
8,997 Posts
Okay, whatever...
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 10, 2010, 09:44 AM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Motor City USA
Joined Mar 2007
3,549 Posts
............hey I like the plane.....waiting to get one regardless.
kydawg1 is offline Find More Posts by kydawg1
Old Jun 10, 2010, 12:03 PM
To drive or to fly......BOTH!!
USA, CA, Clovis
Joined Apr 2007
6,196 Posts
Mike, I think the general shape is close. Just not enough paint in the right places . I think a paint touch up on the plastic of the canopy would make a night and day difference. They are close but your right not spot on. Just think I could live with it with just a hair of work . Besides Mike you know this just gives us something to do to call it our own .

Jason
FresnoJay is offline Find More Posts by FresnoJay
Old Jun 10, 2010, 01:26 PM
United States, NY, Kings
Joined Feb 2006
858 Posts
A canopy is like a face of a plane. In most cases one can recognize the plane by looking at its nose.

If I draw your portrait but make your eyes too wide and too round, it will not look like you - it will be a caricature.
As it is now, the canopy on this plane is a caricature, not scale. In particular, it is too large and the front is round instead of straight, the back of the canopy is too wide. And no amount of paint will make it the right shape, the canopy would have to be replaced.
As a result, the plane has a completely different face, different personality.

I may be biased, but for me the wrong canopy is a big deterrent factor, despite of all the other goodies. In that respect, the smaller Mig 29 that Hobby Lobby and others were selling looked much much better.

Sergey.
SergeyK is online now Find More Posts by SergeyK
Old Jun 10, 2010, 02:18 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
ok sergey I totally disagree with you.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 03:44 PM
United States, NY, Kings
Joined Feb 2006
858 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
ok sergey I totally disagree with you.
And that's why I doubt they are going to do anything to fix the canopy - there are enough buyers who are not sensitive to that kind of deviation from scale.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 03:48 PM
Cut the yellow wire
Joined Jan 2004
8,997 Posts
Hey Sergey! Are you, Pete and Jack going to the Colts Neck Fun Fly on the 3rd next month? Should be another great time.

We all seem to have an opinion on this one. Mine is based on the fact that the MiG-29 has been a favorite for a long time so when this one was shown the excitment level was pretty high (and still is). When the FlyFly MiG came out there were just so many issues that I didn't even consider it. This one has me about 85% of the way towards reaching for my wallet bu like Sergey says, the face ain't right. She's a butter face! Looks pretty hot from the back though...

Mike
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 10, 2010, 04:27 PM
United States, NY, Kings
Joined Feb 2006
858 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarreraGTSCS View Post
Hey Sergey! Are you, Pete and Jack going to the Colts Neck Fun Fly on the 3rd next month? Should be another great time.
I sure hope so
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarreraGTSCS View Post
We all seem to have an opinion on this one. Mine is based on the fact that the MiG-29 has been a favorite for a long time so when this one was shown the excitement level was pretty high (and still is). When the FlyFly MiG came out there were just so many issues that I didn't even consider it. This one has me about 85% of the way towards reaching for my wallet bu like Sergey says, the face ain't right. She's a butter face! Looks pretty hot from the back though...

Mike
It's my favorite plane too since childhood, when I built a 1/24 paper model of it. And as I am from a city where Mig29 were manufactured, I've seen them often.
And since childhood I was obsessed with the airplane faces when I was scratch building a 1/200 static wooden collection of passenger jets.

Sergey.