New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 13, 2015, 12:06 PM
Find More Posts by lazer
Everett, Wa
Joined Sep 2004
289 Posts
Discussion
Jabber front Brake

First off thank you Kev for the build video,I have finished up the front brake and when used on just spinning up the front tire and then applying the front brake there is not much at all in the way of brake power. Is this normal and the front brake is just for show? I'm using the recommended futaba 3156 servo.
lazer is offline Find More Posts by lazer
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 13, 2015, 05:07 PM
Find More Posts by z_dad
Kungsangen, Stockholm, Sweden
Sweden, Upplands-Bro Municipality
Joined Dec 2011
289 Posts
Check your servo movement with a servo tester. If all checks out, check the cam position so you get the full throw according to the mixing. Also check rotation, otherwise the cam will lock against the housing.

Programming of the brake mix function can be very easy to misunderstand on some radios, check it twice.
I usually remove the cam for initial testing, as not to burn the servo by having it clamp the brakes solid for too long before I can sort the levels of the mix parameters.
If all seems ok you can mount the cam back on. In this position the brakes must be completely unaffected. Remember to limit the backthrow or the cam will lock against the housing with throttle increase.

And yes, the brakes shall be able to stop the wheel instantly when running freely in the air. This setup is capable producing endovers, so your description tells, something's wrong.
Some braking in must be allowed, for the caliper pads and disc, before you get reliable braking action.
z_dad is offline Find More Posts by z_dad
Old Jun 13, 2015, 10:22 PM
Find More Posts by lazer
Everett, Wa
Joined Sep 2004
289 Posts
Thanks for the advice
lazer is offline Find More Posts by lazer
Old Jun 14, 2015, 11:50 AM
Find More Posts by edi.winter
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,165 Posts
If you are on Facebook check out the group:
JABBER R/C Bikes Usergroup
edi.winter is offline Find More Posts by edi.winter
Old Jun 16, 2015, 11:36 AM
Find More Posts by Kev71H
San Jose, California, United States
Joined Apr 2002
4,222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazer View Post
First off thank you Kev for the build video,I have finished up the front brake and when used on just spinning up the front tire and then applying the front brake there is not much at all in the way of brake power. Is this normal and the front brake is just for show? I'm using the recommended futaba 3156 servo.
That video is located here:
Jabber 2011 Worlds reproduction BUILD in 20 minutes (20 min 32 sec)

Ya just have to Fast Forward to the front brake part.

Kev
www.RCMCConline.com
Kev71H is offline Find More Posts by Kev71H