Old May 19, 2015, 05:46 AM
Find More Posts by goebish
I Void Warranties
France, Aquitaine, Bordeaux
Joined Feb 2010
2,296 Posts
Hi,

Which firmware are you using ?

Sounds like you are using a 2.3 firmware with a 2.2 GUI to make the setup.
goebish is online now Find More Posts by goebish
to remove ads between posts
Old May 22, 2015, 04:59 AM
Find More Posts by goodturtle
Joined Apr 2015
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goebish View Post
Hi,

Which firmware are you using ?

Sounds like you are using a 2.3 firmware with a 2.2 GUI to make the setup.

Hey thank you for the quick reply. I fixed the problem. I changed the firmware from the 2.4 one to 2.3 from you.. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2033762

Omg What a coincidence!! I am quite new to all this. But thank you so much goebish.

Your code works great. But the new problem Im facing is trying to use entire capacity of my motors . I tweaked few things and the present status being that the quad takes of with the at stick at half throttle. But it doesnt stay there for long and crashed down. May be just a feet off the ground. Im ecstatic nonetheless. Have you faced a similar problem?
goodturtle is offline Find More Posts by goodturtle
Old May 22, 2015, 05:33 AM
I Void Warranties
Joined Feb 2010
2,296 Posts
I don't really understand your problem, if you want to hover at less than mid throttle then adjust throttle mid in the GUI. Or maybe it's just a defective battery ?
Old May 27, 2015, 02:48 AM
Find More Posts by goodturtle
Joined Apr 2015
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goebish View Post
I don't really understand your problem, if you want to hover at less than mid throttle then adjust throttle mid in the GUI. Or maybe it's just a defective battery ?
I changed the throttle mid as you asked me too and clearly at lesser throttle stick position , the throttle is more. However, the quad was still not taking off to a sufficient height. It used to reach just 1 or 2 feet above ground at full throttle and then fall down.

I messed around more with the configuration to see what might be the problem. I even thought that quad could be heavy.

Finally, I found the problem----- Vibrations.
I didn't know they would affect this much- And they are not visible. i increased the low pass filter setting to 20 Hz and Voila.

It takes off and hit the ceiling
I know i'm delighted over something very normal for experts in this matter. But it's my first flying quad and I'm ecstatic.

Thanks again for all the help. This community has been really helpful. You guys are the best.

Next task -- controlling ceiling-hitting-quad
goodturtle is offline Find More Posts by goodturtle
Old Jun 14, 2015, 01:24 AM
Find More Posts by big bad bagger
Joined Dec 2013
161 Posts
Schmetterling 2 lives again.
Hey guys I have not been on the forum for some time. Moved countries got engaged expecting a baby and just bought a house. After digging thru boxes found my pumq replacement. (For schmetterling 1) and I hooked it up reflashed fw and voila. Flying again. NPS. Schewtterling 1 is still not going yet but I have the smd components and some spare time tonight to have another crack at it. Also got a micro h from HK too. Just tweaked all the settings fitted new motors and props and am charging batteries as I type. Looks like I'm not getting any work done tomorrow as I will be burning thru batteries haha
big bad bagger is offline Find More Posts by big bad bagger
Old Jun 15, 2015, 05:27 AM
Joined Dec 2013
161 Posts
OK. Looks like schmetterling 1 only needs a new RX. I might be wrong haven't tried much on it. But I have managed to get code uploaded to it and managed to get the GUI to find it. All the sensors seem good. Looks like it may just work after all. This is great news. I'll order one next week. First I may have a crack at trying the faulty RX on schmetterling 2 and if it works then go back to the drawing board. Problem I have is that i have cut the wires to dona straight solder connection and forget which is which. It is quite simple when I look at it but if I remember. This is how I got into this mess initially. Still hope
Old Jun 15, 2015, 05:30 AM
Joined Dec 2013
161 Posts
Also ordered a micro fpv tx and pinhole camera. to try my luck at some micro fpv.
Crius 2.5 put on shelf till I figure out what needs to be changed to get it flying again. Probably after I move house.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 06:52 AM
Find More Posts by Btnewman
Team Warpsquad!!!
Joined Oct 2013
2,031 Posts
Can someone please point me to the correct dc to dc pump (ltsh). I can't seem to find any working links on this thread. Thanks
Btnewman is online now Find More Posts by Btnewman
Old Jun 18, 2015, 06:54 AM
I Void Warranties
Joined Feb 2010
2,296 Posts
http://www.digikey.com/product-detai...DKR-ND/1754270
http://parts.arrow.com/item/detail/l...200es6-5trmpbf
http://uk.farnell.com/linear-technol...6/dp/1663891RL
Last edited by goebish; Jun 18, 2015 at 07:10 AM.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 07:42 AM
Find More Posts by Btnewman
Team Warpsquad!!!
Joined Oct 2013
2,031 Posts
Awesom! Thank you!
Btnewman is online now Find More Posts by Btnewman