SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 06, 2015, 08:01 AM
Find More Posts by Hajile
Philippines, Calabarzon, San Pedro
Joined Jul 2012
5,042 Posts
Parcel arrived this week about 3k+, paid 100php at local post office.

I've phoned the main office regarding a package that was taking a really long time. Apparently, we don't have a customs officer so our mail has to be processed by the customs officers before sending it to our local branch. The tax is determined by the people at pasay, not by the guy that releases it here.
Hajile is offline Find More Posts by Hajile
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Hajile; Jun 06, 2015 at 08:15 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 10, 2015, 10:30 AM
Find More Posts by Stringer
Joined May 2013
749 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexraz View Post
I really appreciate your insights.

To put it in another way, which provides a better approximation of the "movie theater" experience (huge screen in the dark, not stale popcorn and strangers groping)? Binocular lcd goggles or the HP?

I've always had trouble when buying sunglasses because of the shape of my face and my IPD. This fact has made me hesitate shelling out for "conventional" FPV goggles. I'm afraid they won't fit well or I get double vision.

I don't mind the bulk as the site I use almost always is just down the street from me and every where else requires a car. Adding a shoe box sized item to my luggage shouldn't be a problem when travelling either.

None of my vTxs have mics so no issue with FPV there. For video (mainly gaming), I think I can live with soft sounds. I would have to since I don't have a receiver.

I guess it boils down to video quality and immersion experience.

Would you recommend for entry level fpv?

Did you get yours from getFPV or Rangevideo? Did you have them ship directly to you?

I'm sure you can tell I'm as excited about this as a kid on Christmas eve. Haha!
The HP is like watching an IMax movie vs. the traditional goggles.

I got mine from getfpv.com and shipped directly to me.

Check this review by BMSWeb:

HEADPLAY HD - FPV Head Mounted Display Goggles - Part 2 - Flight Review (19 min 21 sec)
Stringer is online now Find More Posts by Stringer
Old Jun 12, 2015, 09:14 PM
Find More Posts by alexraz
Philippines, NCR, QC
Joined Apr 2014
237 Posts
@Stringer

I just ordered. Hopefully it'll come in before August.
alexraz is offline Find More Posts by alexraz
Old Jun 17, 2015, 12:18 AM
Find More Posts by speedactyl
Defies Logic & Common Sense
Philippines, NCR, Makati City
Joined Jun 2012
1,346 Posts
PX34-C Glider a few weeks ago
finally did some upgrades and improve the radio range a bit . still feeling conservative on my 2.4ghz so far I gone as far as 65m will be doing more flights till im confidence my hardware can take this thing to distance.

my old set up is losing contact maybe around 30m - 45m

but the glider is the most gentle of all my other models and only 3ch with a Low Part count on assembly. most off all im flying Sparless
speedactyl is offline Find More Posts by speedactyl
Last edited by speedactyl; Jun 17, 2015 at 12:34 AM.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 12:54 AM
Joined May 2013
749 Posts
Philippine RC Flying

Speed, you probably need to ditch your current radio system and get a Frsky one. 65m is a walk in the park by current standards. The Frsky L9R Rx paired with a Taranis or XJT module is easily reaching up to 10km. You might not need that much range but it's always good to know that it won't just failsafe on you. I got this on a newly built Dogfighter.

Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434520620.930836.jpg
Views: 6
Size: 292.4 KB
Description:
Old Jun 17, 2015, 02:11 AM
Joined Jun 2012
1,346 Posts
yet to get there
im running Stock JR XG6 transmiter and RG631B RX w/ Telemetry
still yet to identify its max range but im not risking it yet. LoL a backed down when the Alt reads 65m and I was flying LOS

was suspecting my Power output since im using some nicads to run my TX coupled with a Parkfly receiver on my old setup the reason I cant go very far.

now I went full range and with telemetry so far its been doing well , im not saying the JR is a bad radio. in fact its a well made radio should match up with other radios too. on the 2.4Ghz scale

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...ight=mel+duval
Last edited by speedactyl; Jun 18, 2015 at 03:21 AM.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 11:14 AM
Joined Jul 2012
5,042 Posts
Gimbal tuning

Splash Island Gimbal Testing Center Mount (7 min 24 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 26, 2015, 02:08 PM
Joined May 2013
749 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajile View Post

I think your priority should be the jello first. The gimbal's IMU is probably affected with that much vibrations going across.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 09:24 PM
Joined Jul 2012
5,042 Posts
Yeah, i'm taking it apart and retuning it again. When i'm saying gimbal tuning, i mean tuning the entire quad for the gimbal (Changing props, changing dampeners, changing mounting points, etc.). I was flying it for several days before (6km walk with a big backpack!) with the gimbal at front and it was very steady with no jello. Just before that video, i was flying with no gimbal and the quad handled solidly. But when i tried mounting the gimbal in the middle of the quad, it started vibrating. I may have to change the PID. Or just mount it in front.
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 05:07 AM
Joined Jun 2012
1,346 Posts
Why not?
improve range means more flyouts, my last Alt recorded is 97m (in CMO) dunno if I want to risk going further though. still not sure this radio max range. but better safe than sorry
Last edited by speedactyl; Yesterday at 09:03 AM.