New Products Flash Sale
Old May 15, 2015, 03:38 PM
Find More Posts by MasterCATZ
Joined May 2015
6 Posts
ROFL I have heaps of these around 15x in my old DL380 servers sitting in the shed

how do they go adding into parallel ? say up to 4x
I am after current increase and that nice 13.8v bump is just perfect
is their a way to get all the PSU's to change voltage at the same time during tuning or do I need a separate pot per PSU ?
I might go the stingy path and use a toggle switch to change the volt / amp screen to other PSU's

how do these go with HAM Radio equipment ? I still have an 5kw setup I need to do that will have to be split across 3x different power sources
will they still pair if the mains input is on separate circuits each breaker here is 20Amps with maximum 60Amp main breaker per house @ 240v
downside being most houses only have 10Amp wires in ... some you can get away with changing to 15 AMP wall plug for short term use

will hot swap still work ?
ie) if I use 12x of these to get his 5kw HAM Radio running and 1x drops out
Could I just replace the failed PSU hot ?
I am planning on running 4x units per house circuit hopefully that gives them a fail over and some room to breath
I could get away with 3x per house circuit but thats pushing the PSU's to their MAX and using only 10x units left me with
4x 4x 2x or 3x 3x 4x on a circuit .. I hate not being even :P
also planning on running 3000 Farad capacitors between the PSU's and his HAM radio to help filter any noise / allow equipment to keep running if some PSU's need resetting its all within the $1000 budget

how ever he said its broad casting where the most power is used so I could do a 9 set-up with the capacitor bank

will grab some and start on this 100+ page novel
MasterCATZ is offline Find More Posts by MasterCATZ
Last edited by MasterCATZ; May 15, 2015 at 06:22 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 19, 2015, 08:27 PM
Find More Posts by rchelijc
Pro beginner
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2010
779 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterCATZ View Post
ROFL I have heaps of these around 15x in my old DL380 servers sitting in the shed

how do they go adding into parallel ? say up to 4x
I am after current increase and that nice 13.8v bump is just perfect
is their a way to get all the PSU's to change voltage at the same time during tuning or do I need a separate pot per PSU ?
I might go the stingy path and use a toggle switch to change the volt / amp screen to other PSU's

how do these go with HAM Radio equipment ? I still have an 5kw setup I need to do that will have to be split across 3x different power sources
will they still pair if the mains input is on separate circuits each breaker here is 20Amps with maximum 60Amp main breaker per house @ 240v
downside being most houses only have 10Amp wires in ... some you can get away with changing to 15 AMP wall plug for short term use

will hot swap still work ?
ie) if I use 12x of these to get his 5kw HAM Radio running and 1x drops out
Could I just replace the failed PSU hot ?
I am planning on running 4x units per house circuit hopefully that gives them a fail over and some room to breath
I could get away with 3x per house circuit but thats pushing the PSU's to their MAX and using only 10x units left me with
4x 4x 2x or 3x 3x 4x on a circuit .. I hate not being even :P
also planning on running 3000 Farad capacitors between the PSU's and his HAM radio to help filter any noise / allow equipment to keep running if some PSU's need resetting its all within the $1000 budget

how ever he said its broad casting where the most power is used so I could do a 9 set-up with the capacitor bank

will grab some and start on this 100+ page novel
To parallel, just hook up all their current share pins together. See first few posts
rchelijc is online now Find More Posts by rchelijc
Old Jun 03, 2015, 03:24 PM
Find More Posts by rcallison
Foam Wannabe
Joined Nov 2005
580 Posts
I have been learning to work with my new micro 3d printer and decided to try and design a quick face plate for DPS-600. The current version seems to work pretty well at screwing into the two spots where the daughter board fits. I started with one with 10mm holes for binding posts, but did a blank plate as well so someone could drill there own holes. Let me know what you think.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:863039
rcallison is offline Find More Posts by rcallison
Old Jun 07, 2015, 05:02 PM
Find More Posts by Pe-a-nuts
Denmark, Odense
Joined Feb 2008
3 Posts
Cool builds and great informative thread!
I've just received two DPS-600PB Rev: 03 and decided give these units a go as well. Planning to hook them in series together to feed a Hyperion 1420i.

I'm however still a bit unsure about couple things...

1. Would adding zener diodes to outputs in my 24V configuration for safety be necessary? or does somebody know if the power supply has any build in?

2. So according to previous comments, I could in same configuration risk damaging either computer or charger, if I try hook up the USB cable (analyzing) to my computer as well. I can with my multimeter and continuity test get a display reading, saying 590, when I have the negative probe at the negative charger input, and positive probe at USB GND on my charger. Should I be worried?

3. No one has ever mention the small orange capacitor, that is soldered on the hot-swap board! It's connected between 12V ground and pin 12 (Power OK/Fault). Purpose? Needed?
Pe-a-nuts is offline Find More Posts by Pe-a-nuts
Old Jun 08, 2015, 02:53 PM
Find More Posts by FlyNNN
Joined Feb 2015
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcallison View Post
I have been learning to work with my new micro 3d printer and decided to try and design a quick face plate for DPS-600. The current version seems to work pretty well at screwing into the two spots where the daughter board fits. I started with one with 10mm holes for binding posts, but did a blank plate as well so someone could drill there own holes. Let me know what you think. http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:863039
Looks good. Thanks for sharing!
FlyNNN is offline Find More Posts by FlyNNN