HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 24, 2014, 09:02 AM
Foam Temple Pilot
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Sep 2012
636 Posts
Thanks! I don't care for the looks of the gear in the air, and it flies better without the extra drag and weight, so I always hand launch and belly land our T-28's. I applied a few coats of water based polycrylic to the belly and lower cowl to protect the paint and foam from grass rash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCinNC View Post
awesome man, looks good in the air ! glad to see someone else hand launch the T-28
JayY is online now Find More Posts by JayY
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 25, 2014, 02:09 PM
Manassas, Virginia
Joined May 2008
426 Posts
One of my greatest satisfactions is a picture perfect smooth landing and gentle roll out to a stop.
So my gear will always stay on. Also I spend an hour or more balancing each propeller, so I am not about to break one because I do not have wheels.
GCplane is offline Find More Posts by GCplane
Old Dec 25, 2014, 03:26 PM
Foam Temple Pilot
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Sep 2012
636 Posts
If I didn't hand launch and belly land I would hardly fly at all, our only plane capable of ROG and landing on its gear without nosing over on the field we fly from is our Visionaire. So I've not ever had the pleasure of a gentle roll out. Even belly landing, some are better, and more satisfying, than others. Unless you're running 3 blades or more, belly landing on grass does not damage props if throttle is off before touching down, they always rotate to get the blades out of the way. I've yet to damage even one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCplane View Post
One of my greatest satisfactions is a picture perfect smooth landing and gentle roll out to a stop.
So my gear will always stay on. Also I spend an hour or more balancing each propeller, so I am not about to break one because I do not have wheels.
JayY is online now Find More Posts by JayY
RCG Plus Member