SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 09, 2011, 08:50 PM
Team Horizon
United States, CA, Montague
Joined Jan 2004
211 Posts
Sysytems now available

John,

I sent 2 replies just hours after your PM back on April 30.

I currently have 7 systems available without the Ipaq. I have 7 Ipaqs on order and a couple of days after they get here, I will be able to sell 5 complete, turnkey systems with the Ipaq and installed Sky Navigator software.

The price for a system with everything except the Ipaq and Sky Navigator software is $300 shipped CONUS. International shipping is an additional $10.

The price for a complete, turnkey system utilizing a refurbished Ipaq 4150 is $600 shipped CONUS. International shipping is an additional $10.

PM or email if you would like to buy a set. I can do PayPal for long distance transactions and check or cash for in person payment.

Rick
rshelby is offline Find More Posts by rshelby
Last edited by rshelby; May 09, 2011 at 08:53 PM. Reason: Payment info.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 10, 2011, 01:27 PM
yyz
USA, CA, Paso Robles
Joined Dec 2004
2,410 Posts
600 bucks is a steal! You'd be hard pressed to source and buy the parts for that amount.

Thanks Rick!
yyz is offline Find More Posts by yyz
Old May 10, 2011, 09:57 PM
robdyan Rob
Joined Mar 2007
27 Posts
Great work Rick. See you at Visalia. Rob.
robdyan is offline Find More Posts by robdyan
Old Jun 04, 2011, 08:58 PM
Joined Jan 2004
253 Posts
Skynav software.

Hi Rick

I have received the hardware and it all works.

I want to register my software and may be download the English module

I have gone to Skynavigator.ch

Is it the BASICMODEl for 80 Euros?

Do you know if the the English changes the names of the "buttons" to English.

A web site I looked seemed to indicate that it does. I am on my own here and no one to talk to and I am looking for conformation. May be some one else who reads these pages will know the answers.

You mentioned that you have sent a system to New Zealand. Could you send him my email so that he or I could contact one another.

It took less than 10 minutes for my system to lock onto GPS satellites.

Kind regards John Quigley
Aussie John is offline Find More Posts by Aussie John
Old Jun 05, 2011, 04:03 AM
robdyan Rob
Joined Mar 2007
27 Posts
Hi John
Rob Johnston here. I picked up my full system from Rick at Visalia and flew a lap with it in my Jantar and partnered Rick calling for him while he flew 30 minutes with his Ventus. I've checked that it works OK when I got home but haven't flown it here yet. It only took about 1 minute to get its position and to set a task.
email is: robdyan@slingshot.co.nz
Rob
robdyan is offline Find More Posts by robdyan
Old Jun 07, 2011, 11:23 PM
Team Horizon
Joined Jan 2004
211 Posts
John,

Please go to post # 21 of this thread to see my explanation of how to buy the software. I just now edited the post so that it is easier to understand. The English folder changes most of the words displayed on the PDA screen to English. Those that are not changed are easy to figure out or not that important anyway.

Rick
Old Jun 08, 2011, 01:44 PM
LSF303 / AMA Life Member
USA, IL, Wheeling
Joined Jan 2003
3,171 Posts
Rick,

Thanks for trying to get me setup on the Nimbus to try the GPS racing ... too bad there just wasn't enough room in the 1/4 scale model to isolate the electronics from the radio system.

Guess I need a bigger plane

tk
tkallev is online now Find More Posts by tkallev
Old Oct 18, 2011, 07:11 AM
Joined Jan 2004
253 Posts
Ipaq

Hi All

I have been ground testing and learning to use my Triangle system.

The system has been intermittent in its operation.

By process of elimination I believe I have a contankerious IPAQ.

Will the software work on a more modern unit?

Any recommendations?

I bought a new power supply and battery together with a CD for the OS.

If my laptop goes into screen saver, I loose connection and I need to reset the IPAQ to start again.

This is just one of the symptions.

I cant complain as I was given the unit, though I do not want to wast time on another suspect unit.

Thanks in advance for your help.

John Q
Old Oct 18, 2011, 10:15 PM
Team Horizon
Joined Jan 2004
211 Posts
Sky Navigator runs on the Windows Mobile operating system. So any device that runs on Windows Mobile can run the Sky Nav software.

You might want to make sure a bunch of other programs are not running on the device. Go to Settings --> Memory --> click the "Running Programs" tab at the bottom of the screen. Turn off any programs that are running. This should always be done when putting away an Ipaq to make sure there is not anything left running that will run down the battery.

Rick
Old Nov 25, 2011, 06:32 PM
Joined Mar 2011
14 Posts
Hello all.

some news from france.

After a long time of idle I just connect ma Xbee and configure them.

It works

Know I try to send some data from my GPS 407 some position to my computer and this is not working today. I do no know if i forget somethink to configure but up to now he do not send anythink. do you have an idee ???
tweety_pie is offline Find More Posts by tweety_pie
Old Jan 12, 2012, 05:05 PM
Joined Mar 2011
14 Posts
Greate news

It Works......
I connect my GPS system to the Skynavigator soft and made a task.

a foot task but it works

Next step flight test
tweety_pie is offline Find More Posts by tweety_pie
Old Jan 18, 2012, 04:12 AM
Joined Jan 2004
253 Posts
PDAs for triangle

Hi All

I have some problems. I have been trying to get to know the hardware and software for triangle racing.

I have many steps to take, least of all, all things being equal I will do my first aero tow with an Alpina this weekend.

In learning the soft ware I had inconsistent results and just thought it was me being a slow learner.

I was 33 when I first typed on a terminal when I started working at HP.

But after some time I have finally proved that the iPAQ i was given has an intermittent coms port. It is OK as a contact list machine but not for the triangle hard ware.

I am reluctant to put more effort into an old machine, so I have been looking at a small lap top.

It seems that the terminology for the win7 o/s that is "mobile" has been got at by the marketing bods and there does not seem to be a reference table for marketing jargon to compare the IPAQ and the new stuff.

I do not have an IPHONE and not interested in them. I would prefer one of the small palm tops if I could work out the jargon.

Can any one straighten me out of this learning exercise.

Thanks for any help.

John Quigley Down under
Old May 01, 2012, 01:02 PM
doz
D.O.
Oklahoma
Joined Jan 2004
68 Posts
Since all these posts are old, I was wondering if things had come along... Particularly, using more up-to-date equipment. I am all Apple/Mac oriented, and am interested in this tack.
Also Arduino autopilot and video feedback.
doz is offline Find More Posts by doz