New Products Flash Sale
Old Today, 08:58 AM
Find More Posts by don olsen
I hate spray cans
United States, NM, Rio Rancho
Joined Jul 2007
1,314 Posts
Thats probably Dads all across the world. Mine will do things the hard way everytime, Until he sees me do what I suggested LOL still refuses to give up on sandpaper even when the grits falling off. Keeps him busy. LOL
don olsen is offline Find More Posts by don olsen
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 09:32 AM
Find More Posts by flyerinokc
Expert in sawdust production
United States, OK, Oklahoma City
Joined Aug 2007
1,764 Posts
Well I must admit I would drive my youngest son crazy when he would be working on his old 94 Altima. He would be struggling with trying to get something in place, connected, etc. for about a half hour or more. I would come out in my slippers and ask him what he was doing. He would tell me and I would reach in and "bam!" it's done. It drove him up the wall! I didn't tell him my Dad did the same thing. My Dad taught mechanics by coming out and telling me O.K. do this, this, and this then call me Maybe that is why I build my own airplanes to this day and won't buy an ARF? .
flyerinokc is offline Find More Posts by flyerinokc
Old Today, 10:01 AM
Find More Posts by E_Richard
Fill, Sand, Repeat...
United States, CO, Todd Creek
Joined Nov 2012
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by don olsen View Post
Thats probably Dads all across the world. Mine will do things the hard way everytime, Until he sees me do what I suggested LOL still refuses to give up on sandpaper even when the grits falling off. Keeps him busy. LOL
Ha! That was my dad...he had an old shoebox full of old sandpaper that that he would constantly use...I used to joke with him about that was how wire was invented...my dad pulling on pennies!

There was one saying that he told me that he was exactly right on with, Whenever I complained about the way he told me to do things he would say,
"By the time you figure out that I am right, you will have a son that thinks you are wrong!" SO true!

I found the VHS tape with the maiden flight of the first Swift...I need to go to Best Buy and get one of those cheap video capture adapters for VHS to USB/DVD...any suggestions?
E_Richard is offline Find More Posts by E_Richard
Old Today, 10:43 AM
Find More Posts by flyerinokc
Expert in sawdust production
United States, OK, Oklahoma City
Joined Aug 2007
1,764 Posts
Sorry Erik! I have 2 old DVD-RAM VHS combos I can't help you on that.
flyerinokc is offline Find More Posts by flyerinokc