HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 20, 2014, 10:25 PM
United States, PA, Erie
Joined Jul 2014
15 Posts
Discussion
FMS 1400mm FW190 motor board repair

My pretty pride and joy had a mishap today, upon landing ,a gust of wind came from whereever my plane veered just enough to clip a tree branch with the right wing, Well of course the plane just veered in the tree just enough to bring my flight to an abrupt halt, And when it exited the tree it came down on it's nose onto pavement from about 15 ft. It broke the cowling, one prop blade, tore the cooling fins from the prop hub, and broke the motor board right below the motor mount. Does anybody know how to replace this motorboard as it looks like it was installed in the fuselage at the factory before it was glued together. Motor is ok, i will order all new parts, just don't know how to install the new motorboard .
Only one more is offline Find More Posts by Only one more
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 21, 2014, 08:21 AM
Most people are stupid!
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Oct 2011
3,697 Posts
You will need to wither rebuild the foam around the cowling and nose section, or do that with a combination of ply/balsa etc.

You could also just order a new fuselage only from PW-RC.com

http://www.pw-rc.com/product_info.ph...e1844cdfbefd49
dambit is online now Find More Posts by dambit
Last edited by dambit; Jul 21, 2014 at 08:26 AM.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 10:08 AM
Field of Dreams Flyer
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
8,659 Posts
Since your in the US you can get it here as well
http://www.diamondhobby.com/airplane...mm101-fuselage
Mikemynameis is offline Find More Posts by Mikemynameis
Old Jul 21, 2014, 01:38 PM
I'm not lost, they are
Co.
Joined Jan 2005
1,359 Posts
Cut the top of the cowl off, glue new one in, glue back in place.

Did it on one where I put in a new firewall to take a different motor.
pullup! is offline Find More Posts by pullup!
Old Jul 21, 2014, 07:55 PM
United States, PA, Erie
Joined Jul 2014
15 Posts
Thanks pullup, I will see what I can do, My surgical skills arn't what they use to be, getting old sucks,Have to wear 2.5 power reading glasses to see, and use a focused bright light to do micro surgery. I have fixed one withSilicone RTV right in place in the fuse where it broke, Still holding up well, What I don't understand is these Chinese Plastic parts, IT IS WEIRD PLASTIC, It does not respond to normal glue weld techniques. Even hot glue won't stick to it, I can't even seem to weld parts with a solder gun, So if you or anyone knows what the heck this kind of plastic is : I would really like to know . Thanks
Old Jul 21, 2014, 08:09 PM
United States, PA, Erie
Joined Jul 2014
15 Posts
Hi Dambit, wow, mine was not as severe, I aways hate to see the snout damage, WE need more carbon fiber cowlings up front. It is like taking a child to the hospital... But thanks mate, I just clipped this tree by 3 freakin inches, you can see the dent on the right wing.....grrrrr.