HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 10, 2013, 01:00 AM
Inspired by the wings of an An
Leeds
Joined Mar 2003
1,937 Posts
Hi Tom-Tom

Flying-dog is the manufacturer / distributor of the Gymstar.
Unfortunately shipping from the UK to the US has always been ridiculously expensive. The only way you could reduce the shipping cost per kit that I can see is a group buy.
I would drop Robert (Mammuth) an email or PM and ask if there are any other shipping options available

Andy
Andycap is offline Find More Posts by Andycap
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 28, 2013, 11:38 AM
Don't worry be happy :)
Joined Sep 2001
642 Posts
Here is a great video I found on the tube today!

Gymstar (3 min 36 sec)
Stark is offline Find More Posts by Stark
Old Feb 28, 2013, 12:17 PM
United States, FL
Joined Aug 2008
4,222 Posts
Hey guys, I have to admit since we have seen the Gym Star we wanted to fly one. Recently we have built/tested a few here at Twisted Hobbys and we all just absolutely love this model. The quality of the all the parts along with extremely high end printing are the best we have seen in the business. Andy Whitehead has truly rocked this design out of the park plus are good buddy Gary Holland art work stands out beautifully in the air. Hands down the Gym-Star is one truly amazing EPP model with a large flight envelope no matter what skill level the pilot. Construction is pretty simple , a little different than we normally carrier so we wanted to add a few manufacturing changes to help make her even easier to build These changes are being finalize now, we will keep you updated for delivery dates / pre-order when the time comes.

Brad
Twisted Hobbys
Twisted Realm is online now Find More Posts by Twisted Realm
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 28, 2013, 12:32 PM
Don't worry be happy :)
Joined Sep 2001
642 Posts
Great news!
Stark is offline Find More Posts by Stark
Old Feb 28, 2013, 08:38 PM
Extremely Twisted
United States, NH, Epping
Joined Oct 2005
2,628 Posts
I've been testing a Gym-Star and from when I first took off with the plane and it effortlessly floated around the gym like a Vapor, then whipped off a tight loop into a hover followed by rolling harriers and easy knife edge I knew it was a special model. You absolutely fall in love with it flying it and when I passed the transmitter around everybody wanted a turn...even people who had trouble keeping a standard 32" model off the walls in the gym felt felt right at home with the GS. It's a wonderful airplane and you guys are going to love it!
cwojcik is offline Find More Posts by cwojcik
Old Mar 01, 2013, 10:11 AM
220 221 Whatever it takes
USA, IL, Belleville
Joined Dec 2009
275 Posts
This is marked private

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark View Post
Here is a great video I found on the tube today!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ozpvyhh2X8
captdave221 is offline Find More Posts by captdave221
Old Mar 01, 2013, 02:54 PM
Leeds
Joined Mar 2003
1,937 Posts
Thanks for the kind comments on the design guys.
Old May 23, 2013, 12:23 PM
United States, FL
Joined Aug 2008
4,222 Posts
Ok guys, its almost time! With the shipment scheduled, we should have the Gym Star's arriving with us soon. We added a bunch of nice little features to make the build very easy as well. Can't wait!

Brad
Twisted Hobbys
Site Sponsor
Old May 29, 2013, 07:13 AM
WWII combat fan
Huddersfield
Joined Jul 2008
148 Posts
It was a great pleasure to organise everything with Twisted hobbys so you guys in the USA can also fly this awesome model - avoiding ridiculous shipping costs from the UK.
Models are with Brad and we can't wait to see the builds here on RCG along with the reviews from all Gym Star fans in the States.

Happy flying.
Rob
flying-dog
mammuth is offline Find More Posts by mammuth
Old May 29, 2013, 07:36 PM
This ain't my first rodeo...
United States, WA, Orting
Joined Jan 2010
1,362 Posts
Whooooooooooo!!! Just ordered mine up and can't wait to experience what the boys on the other side of the world are having fun with!
SupaTim is offline Find More Posts by SupaTim
Old Jun 01, 2013, 03:48 PM
Can't get enough
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined May 2010
2,231 Posts
I really want to build this guy, but wish there wasn't so many carbon fiber supports. I have built many depron planes using carbon support, and it was a pain in the rear. That is just my opinion. I think I will wait for the Beav.

J
jabsten is offline Find More Posts by jabsten
Old Jun 01, 2013, 04:05 PM
Leeds
Joined Mar 2003
1,937 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabsten View Post
I really want to build this guy, but wish there wasn't so many carbon fiber supports. I have built many depron planes using carbon support, and it was a pain in the rear. That is just my opinion. I think I will wait for the Beav.

J
Its the carbon fibre bracing that sets it apart from some of the other EPP designs.
Rigidity of the airframe is important to give the pilot the best flying characteristics possible. It takes little more than 20 minutes to add all the carbon bracing
Old Jun 01, 2013, 04:57 PM
United States, FL
Joined Aug 2008
4,222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andycap View Post
Its the carbon fibre bracing that sets it apart from some of the other EPP designs.
Rigidity of the airframe is important to give the pilot the best flying characteristics possible. It takes little more than 20 minutes to add all the carbon bracing
+1 its not very difficult step of the build, the CF is usually needed for this thin of the EPP. The bracing was one of the areas we specifically focused on. We added locational marks in the printing for ease of finding the correct bracing locations.
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 03, 2013, 07:49 PM
Can't get enough
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined May 2010
2,231 Posts
Are the carbon rods precut? Do we have to cut them? Just curious. I know the reasons behind the bracing...Just more steps that seem to be a pain to me. That is just my opinion.

J
jabsten is offline Find More Posts by jabsten
Old Jun 04, 2013, 08:52 AM
RC Toys R 4 White Trash
Joined Dec 2008
4,090 Posts
Guys I just received my kit and will be starting the build as we speak!
Dan5.0 is offline Find More Posts by Dan5.0