HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 22, 2014, 04:06 PM
El Space Cowboy
United States, VA, Williamsburg
Joined Dec 2012
613 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbo5150 View Post
365grams for the Hunter and 485 grams for the Predator, I believe it will fly as well, will just have to wait and see how well.

Thanks Dialfonzo.
Wow, 120g difference? That's more than carrying a GoPro and a Mobius at the same time.

I'm sure it will fly fine, just take it easy and don't crash. 500 size isn't supposed to be an aggressive flyer anyway. This should be a nice cruiser.

What motors are you thinking?
austntexan is offline Find More Posts by austntexan
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Vendor List Update
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 22, 2014, 04:15 PM
Joined Jan 2014
19 Posts
White spy's HT 450 house motors with 10 inch props. I ordered your mini v- tail for fast flying stunts, it will be a while till I buy the electronics though.
Tbo5150 is offline Find More Posts by Tbo5150
Old Jul 22, 2014, 09:59 PM
El Space Cowboy
Joined Dec 2012
613 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbo5150 View Post
White spy's HT 450 house motors with 10 inch props. I ordered your mini v- tail for fast flying stunts, it will be a while till I buy the electronics though.
Those are good motors. I've flown them. Inexpensive too. They're actually Keda motors. . . if you ever need replacements and don't want to wait 2 weeks to get them from RTFQ, there are a couple of other US companies that sell them. I've bought from strongrcmotors recently. Good vendor and an RC guy like us, ships very quickly. One man operation as far as I know.

BTW, I've got a vendor list on my RCG blog if you ever need a local (USA) place to get stuff quick.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 22, 2014, 10:27 PM
Joined Jan 2014
19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by austntexan View Post
Those are good motors. I've flown them. Inexpensive too. They're actually Keda motors. . . if you ever need replacements and don't want to wait 2 weeks to get them from RTFQ, there are a couple of other US companies that sell them. I've bought from strongrcmotors recently. Good vendor and an RC guy like us, ships very quickly. One man operation as far as I know.

BTW, I've got a vendor list on my RCG blog if you ever need a local (USA) place to get stuff quick.

Good to know thank you, being new to the building side of this hobby I went where a friend recommend which was RTFQ , I know it takes awhile to get my stuff but Whitespy is setting everything up for me programmed to the v- tail, next quad mini v- tail I will do the build myself and shop around for parts.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 09:35 AM
Joined Jan 2014
19 Posts
Electronis

Checking out Strong RC Motors, can someone tell me what size motors and ESC's I will need for the Hunter V-Tail mini ? Im guessing the A1510's and 12amp ESC's but really have no idea. Thanks Guys.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 09:42 AM
Roosendaal, Netherlands
Joined Dec 2004
2,789 Posts
The mini has its own thread.

Check it out: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1901931

Personally im a huge fan of the Suppo A1510. Cheap and reliable.
Freakazoid is online now Find More Posts by Freakazoid
Old Jul 23, 2014, 09:51 AM
Joined Jan 2014
19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
The mini has its own thread.

Check it out: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1901931

Personally im a huge fan of the Suppo A1510. Cheap and reliable.
Nice ok Thanks Freak.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 02:49 PM
Joined Jan 2014
19 Posts
Quote:
Wow, 120g difference? That's more than carrying a GoPro and a Mobius at the same time.

I'm sure it will fly fine, just take it easy and don't crash. 500 size isn't supposed to be an aggressive flyer anyway. This should be a nice cruiser.

What motors are you thinking?

Said screw it and just ordered your 500 v-tail, I just finished assembly of the mini and it is way better than the aluminum to put together.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 09:56 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,408 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialfonzo View Post
--- 31-01-2014 --- Update ---

BrandXPD had done a lot of tests on VTail platforms and i thanks him a LOT.
Here are his files and Prop rotation Pinouts..

MultiWii_2_2_Flip_2_0_Hunter_400_Test

MultiWii_2_2_Flip_2_0_Mini_Hunter

--- 16-07-2013 --- Update ---

Hi All,
I have a request for me to put the manual that my friend did up here.
So here it is now.

--- 22-02-2013 --- Update ---

Ok it's quite confusing now with all the different configurations you can choose for VTail.

Here is the revised drawing that show different configuration on MultiWii

---- Yaw motor pins reversed ---

----------------------------
tech69x - Advice on KK board

With this mix you can't go wrong with the kk
V tale
Mine is finally up and running with the kk2... just some minor tweaking now...had to change some very random things to get a good mix....

again my setup is a kk2 with 750 kv motors 10x4.7 props, and 3 cell battery on the 400 frame...hovers around 55% throttle...this may save some people some trouble if they have a similar setup..

So initial changes... flip all prop/motors directions to (from looking over head) M1 front left is CCW, M2 front right is CW, M3 rear left is CW, and M4 rear right is CCW.

set the kk2 to VTail.. calibrate your sensors... and start with the mixer settings

CH1:

Throttle: 100
Aileron: -100
Elevator: 100
Rudder: -40
Offset: 0

CH2:

Throttle: 100
Aileron: 100
Elevator: 100
Rudder: 40

CH3:

Throttle: 95
Aileron: 0
Elevator: -100
Rudder: 100

CH4:

Throttle: 95
Aileron: 0
Elevator: -100
Rudder: -100

Now some rough PI values (mainly just a starting point)

Roll:

P gain:55
P limit:90
I gain:30
I limit:20

Pitch:

P gain:30
P limit:90
I gain:30

Yaw:

P gain:40
P limit:20
I gain:20

Hope this can help anyone else out there. Any suggestions or errors seen from any of the experiences users?

Quoting the original post in this thread.

Just want to say that I have spent quite a bit of time tuning KK2 on V-Tail just recently and the settings shown above are very much off.

1- Motor 3 and 4 do not need to be swapped. Simply reverse the values on the rudder and keep motor 1-4 connected in the correct order.

2- From the stock settings, add roughly 45 to Ailerons on channel 3 and channel 4.

You can tweak that from that point on, but bottom line is it will fly a hack of a lot better than the above settings.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 26, 2014, 11:46 AM
El Space Cowboy
Joined Dec 2012
613 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
Quoting the original post in this thread.

Just want to say that I have spent quite a bit of time tuning KK2 on V-Tail just recently and the settings shown above are very much off.

1- Motor 3 and 4 do not need to be swapped. Simply reverse the values on the rudder and keep motor 1-4 connected in the correct order.

2- From the stock settings, add roughly 45 to Ailerons on channel 3 and channel 4.

You can tweak that from that point on, but bottom line is it will fly a hack of a lot better than the above settings.

Best,
Chris
Thanks Chris!

Any recommendations for folks using Acro Naze?
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 26, 2014, 12:48 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,408 Posts
Quote:
Thanks Chris!

Any recommendations for folks using Acro Naze?
Hey,

The naze stock settings already have aile mixes programmed. So it will fly very well without the need to mess around with mixes. You'll need to follow PID tuning protocol, but don't worry about mixes. Generally speaking, both Naze and Multiwii stock PIDs on yaw are a bit high for a VTail. Everything else is pretty close. Of course it depends on what model you use and what your setup is, hence following tuning protocol is advised.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 26, 2014, 06:47 PM
El Space Cowboy
Joined Dec 2012
613 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
Hey,

The naze stock settings already have aile mixes programmed. So it will fly very well without the need to mess around with mixes. You'll need to follow PID tuning protocol, but don't worry about mixes. Generally speaking, both Naze and Multiwii stock PIDs on yaw are a bit high for a VTail. Everything else is pretty close. Of course it depends on what model you use and what your setup is, hence following tuning protocol is advised.

Best,
Chris
Very cool. Thanks Chris.
RCG Plus Member