New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 30, 2013, 01:36 AM
Find More Posts by sp00ky
Joined Aug 2012
9 Posts
Discussion
Multiplex Funjet Ultra setup help

Hi Guys
I have just got the multiplex funjet ultra, but I am struggling with which setup to go for. I have seen threads on here, but most of those are for US sites, I would prefer to use UK / HK site to save on delivery times etc.

I would like it fast, bit quicker than the Stryker or something like that.

At the moment I was looking at a 3514 - 2980kv Turnigy NTM with 70ESC, 5.5 x 5.5 or 6 x 5.5 prop and a 2650mah 3s battery. The NTM motor looks like its the wrong way (the prop end gets screwed to motor mount, not as normal....would that be an issue ?

There is a 2700kv version of the motor too, which I guess would be a bit slower ? But would a 5.5 x 4.5 prop be better with that ?

Does that sound OK ? I am not that familiar with buying my own components and the more I read the more confused I get.

Any help would be appreciated.
sp00ky is offline Find More Posts by sp00ky
Last edited by sp00ky; Sep 30, 2013 at 02:01 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 30, 2013, 06:41 PM
Find More Posts by FlyBillyFly
Rogersville, Mo
Joined Jun 2008
4,628 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp00ky View Post
Hi Guys
I have just got the multiplex funjet ultra, but I am struggling with which setup to go for. I have seen threads on here, but most of those are for US sites, I would prefer to use UK / HK site to save on delivery times etc.

I would like it fast, bit quicker than the Stryker or something like that.

At the moment I was looking at a 3514 - 2980kv Turnigy NTM with 70ESC, 5.5 x 5.5 or 6 x 5.5 prop and a 2650mah 3s battery. The NTM motor looks like its the wrong way (the prop end gets screwed to motor mount, not as normal....would that be an issue ?

There is a 2700kv version of the motor too, which I guess would be a bit slower ? But would a 5.5 x 4.5 prop be better with that ?

Does that sound OK ? I am not that familiar with buying my own components and the more I read the more confused I get.

Any help would be appreciated.
Sounds like your on the right track...give that power setup a try..then after awhile if its time to move up do so...

Billy
FlyBillyFly is offline Find More Posts by FlyBillyFly
Old Nov 07, 2014, 12:46 AM
Find More Posts by maxwillig
Joined Oct 2014
6 Posts
the dv32 from eflite is a good steup does about 160mph and has unlimited vertical on 6s with a 5x5 prop
maxwillig is offline Find More Posts by maxwillig