New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 23, 2015, 02:45 PM
Find More Posts by ridgewalker
The lunatic is on the grass
Joined Aug 2008
5,011 Posts
See this link.
When the weather improves i'll be using the GCS 5.1 to make adjustments,check the Download button on the link above and you should be able to find it.
The GCS 5.1 did not want to work with Windows 8 (8.1) but windows can check for compatibility issues and fix it so the program will run on the win 8 os.
ridgewalker is offline Find More Posts by ridgewalker
Last edited by ridgewalker; Mar 23, 2015 at 02:47 PM. Reason: fix link
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 23, 2015, 02:48 PM
Find More Posts by shaul_ei
Tel Aviv
Joined Feb 2006
224 Posts
ridgewalker. You gave us a link to your hard disk. Can have access please? Just joking.
shaul_ei is offline Find More Posts by shaul_ei
Old Mar 23, 2015, 02:49 PM
Joined Aug 2008
5,011 Posts
Fixed it!
Old Mar 23, 2015, 03:34 PM
Find More Posts by denisf
Canada, QC, Sainte-Anne-des-Monts
Joined Nov 2013
75 Posts
I'm also using 1.24! I don't like the GCS software. I prefer the fy-dos tool.
denisf is offline Find More Posts by denisf
Old Mar 25, 2015, 03:34 AM
Find More Posts by wippo76
Netherlands
Joined Dec 2010
358 Posts
Yes I only use the GCS to change the ctrl turn pids
On my skywalker 1680 I had to change them on my skywalker X6 a wing its working great on stock settings
wippo76 is offline Find More Posts by wippo76
Old Apr 07, 2015, 02:46 PM
Find More Posts by nofreee
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2012
280 Posts
Does anyone have a breakdown of what the PID values actually do? Every FC has a different algorithm and I don't want to be just punching in numbers for the hell of it.

I'd assume proportional is more or less the overall gain, but the integral and derivative values have vastly different relative numbers compared to my experience with various other FC's. For example, with OpenPilot, D is usually only about 10% of your P setting as a baseline, but with FY-DOS the default settings are 100% of P.

Ultimately, my problem revolves around my wing oscillating in pitch when auto-stabilize mode is engaged. They start out small, but increase in severity the longer I stay in the mode. It's not flyable using that setting currently.

I'm using the stock PIDs of 50-10-50 (I think that's what they are) and i'm going to start by dropping the P down a bit, but I'd like some clarification on what the I and D actually do in the grand scheme of things.

Thanks!
nofreee is offline Find More Posts by nofreee
Old Apr 07, 2015, 06:38 PM
Joined Aug 2008
5,011 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofreee View Post

Ultimately, my problem revolves around my wing oscillating in pitch when auto-stabilize mode is engaged. They start out small, but increase in severity the longer I stay in the mode. It's not flyable using that setting currently.

Thanks!
Lower the pitch gain,i had a pitch oscillation on a wing at default 50% gain and reduced it to 40 and the oscillations stopped,yours may need less/more reduction every plane is different.
Old Apr 08, 2015, 08:56 AM
Joined Jan 2012
280 Posts
I'm using the 1.25 version that has individual P-I-D control, not just overall gain. I was looking for an explanation as to what they all do respectively and what the min/max values are for each.
Old Apr 08, 2015, 10:38 AM
Joined Aug 2008
5,011 Posts
From first page,maybe some helpful info for you http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=509
The 30 1 80 is set on the Turn Control not the overall gains fyi.
Old Apr 08, 2015, 11:00 AM
Joined Jan 2012
280 Posts
I did see that post and adjusted my Turn Control settings, I was curious if his description of the PID values for turncontrol are the same for all the other variables.

Usually PID values adjust things like overall gain, ability to hold a particular attitude and return to center damping. His description is probably spot on for the turncontrol field, but I don't think they fit for things like pitch and roll stability.

It's more or less just for my overall understanding of the system. I can play around with PIDS until I get it locked in.
Old Apr 08, 2015, 11:40 AM
Joined Aug 2008
5,011 Posts
I agree,seeing he's saying the first number represents max bank angle i can't see how that would be similar to say tuning P on a quad for example reducing P on pitch if you have oscillations.
Old Apr 08, 2015, 12:03 PM
Joined Jan 2012
280 Posts
Bingo. I've tried digging through all their manuals, but I've yet to find out what they actually adjust.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 07:25 AM
Find More Posts by numnutchris
numnutchris
Joined Sep 2009
417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofreee View Post
I'm using the 1.25 version that has individual P-I-D control, not just overall gain. I was looking for an explanation as to what they all do respectively and what the min/max values are for each.
If youre in it for the maths, try eg wikipedia on pid theory. How and whatever fytech have implemented might be something else but check out their courses on eg.

http://www.feiyu-tech.com/news-en.php?id=86&nav_num=5

and

http://www.feiyu-tech.com/news-en.php?id=85&nav_num=5

numnutchris is online now Find More Posts by numnutchris
Old Apr 14, 2015, 10:40 AM
Find More Posts by arbtmn
Marty, Louisiana USA
Joined Jan 2015
107 Posts
can anyone tell me what auto pilot I should go with that has autonomous function. FY 41 or the Cyclops Tornado. Can someone compare the two. Thanks
arbtmn is offline Find More Posts by arbtmn