New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 08, 2015, 06:05 PM
Find More Posts by nighthawk0077
Joined Oct 2009
1,557 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhodi11 View Post
I wanted to get some of the new Revo 435 5900mah 6s packs but apparently regulations prevent them shipping via air. So I had the idea to use 2 of the 435 3200mah 6s packs in parallel. The weight penalty over my current 5500mah 6s packs would be about 94 grams. 6400mah however would get me 5.5-6min flight times based on what I am seeing with my current setup. Im thinking I would get some extra pep out of the higher voltage as well. its tempting.

For under 100grams extra there's not too much to lose, - higher capacity, higher voltage, can't really go wrong there. Just keep in mind depending on how you manage the power, the extra voltage may end up giving you the same flight time as the smaller pack since you will be discharging faster. (i assume thats the main reason people would opt for HV lipo -- more performance)
nighthawk0077 is offline Find More Posts by nighthawk0077
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 08, 2015, 06:09 PM
Find More Posts by nighthawk0077
Joined Oct 2009
1,557 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by efflux RC View Post
A few words about ALL "HV" lipos. 4.27, 4.35..... revo, HK, or any other....

If you are running a "hot" (high amp) set up...

Let say, for instance....

JF80 or Mach 80 with:

6s/2250kv

8s /1865kv

10s/ 1680kv

I do not recommend using HV packs (charged above 4.20v per cell)

These setups are already hot. Adding more voltage may push the motors (or some ESCs) beyond their limits (amp wise)
The higher the cell count the set up is the more this becomes an issue. (10s x 0.15v per cell = 1.5 volts more)

Just a precationary tip.

Bhodi,

The lower (under 120A installed) set ups should be fine.

With your 1738kv motor on 8s, you'll be fine. Just note that your amps will rise.
wow, those are really really hot setups! Haven't seen too many with those

Even with more standard setups you need to be carefull you are not pushing the motor/ESC of its comfort zone..
nighthawk0077 is offline Find More Posts by nighthawk0077
Old Apr 08, 2015, 07:13 PM
Find More Posts by cedwards72
United States, NC, Greensboro
Joined Jun 2012
159 Posts
Tam struts work great! Had them on all 3 Habu's.. Great for rough grass fields... They come with great pdf instructions.... you won't be disappointed...
cedwards72 is online now Find More Posts by cedwards72
Last edited by cedwards72; Apr 08, 2015 at 07:41 PM.
Old Apr 09, 2015, 11:49 PM
Find More Posts by pollster
United Kingdom
Joined Aug 2011
74 Posts
New setup.

Jet fan 80 het 1500 kv motor cc lite 160 amp esc x2 turnigy A spec g2 6s 65c 3200mah lipos. Should make the 32x go well
pollster is offline Find More Posts by pollster
Old Apr 10, 2015, 12:33 AM
Find More Posts by efflux RC
United States, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Aug 2009
9,285 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollster View Post
Jet fan 80 het 1500 kv motor cc lite 160 amp esc x2 turnigy A spec g2 6s 65c 3200mah lipos. Should make the 32x go well
Your going to burn up the 1500kv motor on 12s .

Also, It's my guess that your lipos are probably not going to provide the power the setup is trying to pull, and the ESC will most likely shut down.
Too little mAh capacity. Do they have 10A wire?
efflux RC is offline Find More Posts by efflux RC
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Updated blog Oct 2014
Old Apr 10, 2015, 12:58 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Aug 2011
74 Posts
Quote:
Your going to burn up the 1500kv motor on 12s .

Also, It's my guess that your lipos are probably not going to provide the power the setup is trying to pull, and the ESC will most likely shut down.
Too little mAh capacity. Do they have 10A wire?
Yes I'm useing 10awg wire and 7mm connectors
Old Apr 10, 2015, 01:26 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Aug 2011
74 Posts
Quote:
Yes I'm useing 10awg wire and 7mm connectors
This setup was advertised fan and motor for 12s use 65c x3 =195 amps which these lipos should be able to dump The current draw from the motor and fan is advertised at 125amps maximum so in theory I should be ok. My first habu 32 has a 10s setup your alloy fan 1680 kv motor which I still have and it's been brilliant no problems at all.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 10:58 AM
Find More Posts by Jetsom
Formerly "Heli Copter"
United States, CA, Watsonville
Joined Apr 2009
484 Posts
Quote:
This setup was advertised fan and motor for 12s use 65c x3 =195 amps which these lipos should be able to dump The current draw from the motor and fan is advertised at 125amps maximum so in theory I should be ok. My first habu 32 has a 10s setup your alloy fan 1680 kv motor which I still have and it's been brilliant no problems at all.
Even if nothing burns up, you're asking your rotor to spin at 75,000 rpm's (50 volts X 1500kv). At 85% efficiency, real rpm's @ 63,750? Hold on to your "you know what"!

Video please!
Jetsom is offline Find More Posts by Jetsom
Old Apr 10, 2015, 01:31 PM
Find More Posts by efflux RC
United States, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Aug 2009
9,285 Posts
Quote:
Glad your enjoying the Mach 10s set. One of my currently flying Habus is that set up.
The mfgr specs are "bench tests". The actual amps will be 10-15% higher once installed in the jet. The rpms are way above the the HET rated rpms. After a few flights during early flight testing we had a motor lock up, due to what seemed like the rotor wrap material shredding, then consequently burn.

The motor you want to use for what your doing is the larger, and lower kv 700-83 -1445, set to zero timing. (for near sea level flying) .
The 60k rated Neumotors are a good choice as well.
It would be wise to run this set up in an alum housing with the larger heat sink that comes with the 1445 motor as well. Still a radical set up, so use plenty of TM.

At this power level, (which is beyond the rated level for the Jetfan and the Mach) the Jetfan rotor will stretch. Be sure to balance the Fan/EDF assy dam good, and "break in" the rotor, by running the throttle in "one click" increments, pausing at each "Click" for a few seconds, then backing of for a few seconds, then going to the next higher click. Repeat until to get to WOT.
What ever you end up doing, You will be is over the rated specs for the fan and motor and possibly dangerous . Please heed all the usual safety precautions.
efflux RC is offline Find More Posts by efflux RC
Site Sponsor
Last edited by efflux RC; Apr 10, 2015 at 01:46 PM.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 02:27 PM
Find More Posts by YokohamaSoGo
Joined Jan 2015
150 Posts
Quote:
Glad your enjoying the Mach 10s set. One of my currently flying Habus is that set up.
The mfgr specs are "bench tests". The actual amps will be 10-15% higher once installed in the jet. The rpms are way above the the HET rated rpms. After a few flights during early flight testing we had a motor lock up, due to what seemed like the rotor wrap material shredding, then consequently burn.

The motor you want to use for what your doing is the larger, and lower kv 700-83 -1445, set to zero timing. (for near sea level flying) .
The 60k rated Neumotors are a good choice as well.
It would be wise to run this set up in an alum housing with the larger heat sink that comes with the 1445 motor as well. Still a radical set up, so use plenty of TM.

At this power level, (which is beyond the rated level for the Jetfan and the Mach) the Jetfan rotor will stretch. Be sure to balance the Fan/EDF assy dam good, and "break in" the rotor, by running the throttle in "one click" increments, pausing at each "Click" for a few seconds, then backing of for a few seconds, then going to the next higher click. Repeat until to get to WOT.
What ever you end up doing, You will be is over the rated specs for the fan and motor and possibly dangerous . Please heed all the usual safety precautions.
Cool! Sounds intense.
YokohamaSoGo is offline Find More Posts by YokohamaSoGo
Old Apr 11, 2015, 02:54 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Aug 2011
74 Posts
In the interest of safety I've decided not to go ahead with my planned setup. Like efflux rc said the jetfan 80 can not handle the intended rpm I should of done my homework better, thankyou very much for your input tho. I'm also struggling to find lipos which fit, so with that in mind I may settle with a 9/10 s hot setup.