SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 14, 2014, 04:29 PM
Joined Oct 2013
364 Posts
Looking to get this plane for Christmas because it's a belly lander and would be perfect for the space I have. Good plane? I've heard pretty good reviews.
VinnieT is offline Find More Posts by VinnieT
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 14, 2014, 09:07 PM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
United States, CA, La Caņada Flintridge
Joined Jul 2011
5,764 Posts
The plane flies great after you clean up the mess that Horizon delivers it as.
quitcherbitchen is offline Find More Posts by quitcherbitchen
Old Dec 16, 2014, 12:55 PM
Warbird lover!
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Nov 2013
94 Posts
go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnieT View Post
Looking to get this plane for Christmas because it's a belly lander and would be perfect for the space I have. Good plane? I've heard pretty good reviews.
Go for it, especially if you can get it under $100. Horizon stopped selling the Zero about a year ago but they still offer warranty services and they have parts.

It flies great and 2S packs in the 460-750mAh range are cheap.

But like QB said, you must do some work before your first flight. The CG will be way off, the elevator will be unresponsive on one side, the aileron linkages will rub against the Rx, the cockpit marget will fall off, etc. Read earlier pages in this thread. It's worth your time! The only spare you'll really need is a prop, get the original with the hex mount.

Mine must have flown over a hundred packs last summer. It's still flying after 2 serious crashes. I found a new one on ebay, it will be ready for spring.
MTL_Greg is offline Find More Posts by MTL_Greg
Old Dec 16, 2014, 11:22 PM
Joined Dec 2014
2 Posts
Well I recently got a Zero. Being only new to the hobby she's had some solid crashes already but back in one piece and flies beautifully when it's in the air.

Just wandering if there is any other prop that suits as a spare?

Where I am I have to order them online and shipping is usually twice as much as the props are worth. Was hoping there might be a suitable aftermarket replacement? (I.E. I ordered a 6 pack of GWS props online for my UM t28 for less than the price of a single original.)
hero2zero is offline Find More Posts by hero2zero
Old Yesterday, 06:21 PM
United States, MI, Grand Rapids
Joined Feb 2013
231 Posts
Great plane!

I can't say enough how sweet this plane flies when set up, and balanced well. I had a larger field to fly in this evening and there was no wind. The way this Zero tracks is so smooth it's amazing! Just a pure joy to fly - happy camper
mtfly is offline Find More Posts by mtfly
Old Yesterday, 07:03 PM
Joined Oct 2013
364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtfly View Post
I can't say enough how sweet this plane flies when set up, and balanced well. I had a larger field to fly in this evening and there was no wind. The way this Zero tracks is so smooth it's amazing! Just a pure joy to fly - happy camper
Recommended plane for medium size field?
VinnieT is offline Find More Posts by VinnieT
Old Yesterday, 07:50 PM
United States, MI, Grand Rapids
Joined Feb 2013
231 Posts
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnieT View Post
Recommended plane for medium size field?
Yes medium size field is just fine. Baseball diamond field is too small. But just larger than a soccer field will work out depending on how many trees there are. I was in a wide open large farm field type area today with no trees at all. Had to drive a bit farther as all the non leash using dog walkers were at my normal park.
mtfly is offline Find More Posts by mtfly