SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 07, 2014, 03:09 PM
Childlike Activity for Adults
United States, MA, Cummington
Joined Dec 2012
3,409 Posts
Kyle someday I too will see some evidence of grass around here. The snowpack here is still ~2' and like cement. Nice recovery on that aborted landing
jbrumberg is offline Find More Posts by jbrumberg
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Improving Visibility
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 07, 2014, 03:13 PM
Easy on the Sticks!
United States, WY, Crowheart
Joined Aug 2011
3,795 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
Thanks for the ride! That thing sounds like the warbirds that stay at the airport here.
When you nosed into that steep ...high..dive, the prop and motor sounded very real. Nice flying! Beautiful country out there...
Thanks Buzz!
The Mobius camera really does the job!
I fly almost every day, either RC, Phoenix sim, or online gaming.
Practice doesn't make perfect, "Perfect practice, is what makes Perfect"

bd
BattleDude is offline Find More Posts by BattleDude
Old Mar 07, 2014, 03:16 PM
Easy on the Sticks!
Joined Aug 2011
3,795 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrumberg View Post
Kyle someday I too will see some evidence of grass around here. The snowpack here is still ~2' and like cement. Nice recovery on that aborted landing
2 Foot! Wow! Not much landing a plane on that surface!
Old Mar 07, 2014, 03:18 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
Joined Aug 2002
12,168 Posts
Quote:
I found out that in MA if one gets a medical marijuana card one "could" lose their LTC card . It all depends on the LTC issuing Chief of Police. I have to check on the validity of this report. I guess that I'll live with what I got.
Oh, great. Trying to figure out what your chief of police have to do with a LTC card. Mine went in through the state of FL. They'd have to try to reclaim all of the LTC's already issued. (?) And, I honestly don't think you'll see people walking around sucking on a joint. If they succeed in making "medical marijuana" into pills, they plan to take all of the THC out.
Buzz is offline Find More Posts by Buzz
Old Mar 07, 2014, 03:20 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,143 Posts
Kyle, great flyin buddy. I was yelling on that approach, "watch out!" haha Then you gassed it and took it around for another attempt. Sweet

Balr, some people are too sick to take a pill. But they can smoke or maybe even eat a bud.

Buzz, that sounds about right for the "bomb." hahaha. Or whatever term they use now-a-days. I miss it. Well, at them moment, I miss it. hahahahahaha

Lee
leethetreeguy is offline Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
Old Mar 07, 2014, 03:30 PM
Joined Dec 2012
3,409 Posts
There are all kinds of chemical compounds in marijuana. If THC is the only active ingredient that has all the beneficial effects what good is a "marijuana" pill without the THC? Without the THC those pills are just placebo pills. I could go out and buy some M&M's. They would be just as effective if someone I "believed" told me they would "change my life". Actually they would be worse for me because of the sugar.

When will our lawmakers learn that legislating morality does not work. Prohibition is a great example of legislated morality. That was a winner
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 07, 2014, 04:21 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,486 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leethetreeguy View Post
Kyle, great flyin buddy. I was yelling on that approach, "watch out!" haha Then you gassed it and took it around for another attempt. Sweet

Balr, some people are too sick to take a pill. But they can smoke or maybe even eat a bud.

Buzz, that sounds about right for the "bomb." hahaha. Or whatever term they use now-a-days. I miss it. Well, at them moment, I miss it. hahahahahaha

Lee
I tried that when I was younger, back in the ??? (Damn! Can't remember!). Anyway, it made me sleepy and hungry. All those hot young girls, getting high and looking for some lovin' and I'm taking a frigging nap!
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Mar 07, 2014, 04:29 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Joined Aug 2002
12,168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleDude View Post
Thanks Buzz!
The Mobius camera really does the job!
I fly almost every day, either RC, Phoenix sim, or online gaming.
Practice doesn't make perfect, "Perfect practice, is what makes Perfect"

bd
Did the Mobius also take the still shots you have of the mountain range? Those are nearly perfect pictures. Ha.. You should see me putting in seat time in a F1 simulator. I do it to keep my reflexes.. and I try things on the track that I wouldn't dare do with my own car on the track. I turn my speakers off and wear headphones for the audio. I've raced in open wheel cars... and this simulator is as close as it gets to being real. If i touch a front wheel on something, the steering wheel in my hands starts shaking and giving the exact same feedback as the wheels on the real car.
Old Mar 07, 2014, 04:41 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Joined Aug 2002
12,168 Posts
Quote:
There are all kinds of chemical compounds in marijuana. If THC is the only active ingredient that has all the beneficial effects what good is a "marijuana" pill without the THC? Without the THC those pills are just placebo pills. I could go out and buy some M&M's. They would be just as effective if someone I "believed" told me they would "change my life". Actually they would be worse for me because of the sugar.

When will our lawmakers learn that legislating morality does not work. Prohibition is a great example of legislated morality. That was a winner
Tetra Hydra Canebinol
(sp?)

I've seen several articles that point to them making pills with no THC. I guess they aren't looking for the THC as the treatment. So, they use everything but the compound that makes you high. But, in Colorado and CA .. you can walk into a "Dispensary" that is legal and buy all the Sensimillia buds you can stand, if you have a Rx. I'm so glad you pointed out the "lawmakers". Prohibition turned out some of the best "railroad gin" you could ever want. Nascar was formed around drivers who hauled moonshine and ran from the "Revenuers"

One thing for sure. Speeding tickets would sure take a nose dive.
Old Mar 07, 2014, 04:50 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Joined Aug 2002
12,168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
I tried that when I was younger, back in the ??? (Damn! Can't remember!). Anyway, it made me sleepy and hungry. All those hot young girls, getting high and looking for some lovin' and I'm taking a frigging nap!
Hahaha.... so did I... but it never made me THAT sleepy!
Old Mar 07, 2014, 04:53 PM
Joined Dec 2012
3,409 Posts
Ah yes the bootleg turn came out of those good old days. Takes on a new meaning with a FWD My little CRXSi could really "pivot"

The anti "M" laws started in part as anti minority laws in the 30's. Prior to that it was legal.

It's pretty obvious the "M" laws are not working either, but it is a "great" reason to put minority folks (usually) or poor folks out of circulation and ruin their lives just for possession. In the Big House they can learn real skills
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 07, 2014, 05:28 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Joined Aug 2002
12,168 Posts
Quote:
Ah yes the bootleg turn came out of those good old days. Takes on a new meaning with a FWD My little CRXSi could really "pivot"

The anti "M" laws started in part as anti minority laws in the 30's. Prior to that it was legal.

It's pretty obvious the "M" laws are not working either, but it is a "great" reason to put minority folks (usually) or poor folks out of circulation and ruin their lives just for possession. In the Big House they can learn real skills
Ha. I've done it with FWD and if the back end hangs out too far, you can be on the floor with the throttle and you can drive sideways by steering hard into the slide. Yep, the weed laws were also just taxed at the border... then let through with their load. It was simply a way to make more money for the Govt.

I cannot fathom being locked up in a prison with real criminals... just for possession or even sales of this stuff. They've got it all wrong. It's Cigarettes that need to be a controlled substance. There is no record of anyone dying from smoking a simple weed. As the Western Cowboys used to say... "You must have been smokin some of that "loco weed"....
Old Mar 07, 2014, 06:44 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Joined Aug 2002
12,168 Posts
What Do FL Wild Turkeys Eat?

The wild turkey’s main source of food, by far, is plant material -- as much as 95% of the turkey’s diet may come from plants. The most common foods throughout the year are grasses, herbaceous green leaves, and seeds. In fall and winter, acorns, fruits, and berries become very important. They may feed on certain types of roots and tubers. And, in some parts of the country, agricultural crops, such as corn, wheat, and fruit, play a crucial role in supporting local wild turkey populations.

No wonder they taste so bad!
Old Mar 07, 2014, 06:56 PM
Easy on the Sticks!
Joined Aug 2011
3,795 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
Did the Mobius also take the still shots you have of the mountain range? Those are nearly perfect pictures. Ha.. You should see me putting in seat time in a F1 simulator. I do it to keep my reflexes.. and I try things on the track that I wouldn't dare do with my own car on the track. I turn my speakers off and wear headphones for the audio. I've raced in open wheel cars... and this simulator is as close as it gets to being real. If i touch a front wheel on something, the steering wheel in my hands starts shaking and giving the exact same feedback as the wheels on the real car.
No, the stills were with my Olympus C740 Ultra Zoom. 30 power zoom on that baby!

Yeah, sims are so cool! I have 3 putes that have Logitech G25 wheel and pedals setup on a LAN. We race GTR2, Nascar, and some others, together on the network.

The putes I build:
Last edited by BattleDude; May 16, 2014 at 02:17 AM.
Old Mar 07, 2014, 07:25 PM
Easy on the Sticks!
Joined Aug 2011
3,795 Posts
So... then I went out on the lawn grass and flew this one:

Parkzone T28 with Mobius Camera Grass Landing No Gear (5 min 30 sec)

And now it looks like springtime in the Rockies:

Last edited by BattleDude; May 16, 2014 at 02:16 AM.