HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 03, 2013, 02:28 PM
United States, ID, Rexburg
Joined Sep 2008
6,454 Posts
Every year at Lake Cour'd'laine (sp?) they have a wooden boat festival that attracts some gorgeous boats (they do a different manufacturer each year) and PBS had done a couple of shows about them. I WANT to go gorgeous boats and great craftsmanship.
Foo
fooman2008 is offline Find More Posts by fooman2008
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 03, 2013, 03:43 PM
Spreckels Lake, GGP, SF, CA
USA, CA, San Francisco
Joined Apr 2007
3,673 Posts
New Year's Day Walk About and Beer Can Sail Challange.

Well, since there are so many great shots of the morning power boaters doing their thing, I'll mainly post stuff from the afternoon after the sailors hit the water. the year looks to be off to a great, though chilly, start!! (The Wind know as the Arctic Express has settled in for a few day stay. Brrrrrr.)
craig_c is offline Find More Posts by craig_c
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by craig_c; Jan 03, 2013 at 08:10 PM.
Old Jan 03, 2013, 05:00 PM
United States, CA, Oakland
Joined Apr 2012
624 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_J_Glor View Post
Dumas should get the rights to that "Razzmatazz" photo. It would sell a few Barrelback kits! Has ME inspired!

Pete G.
Thanks Pete. Dumas...bring it on! (:
I'll put a before picture up soon. Trailing this from TN to CA was an event. CHP asked what it was and to get it off the hwy...she came a long way in more ways than one.
wyldrydes2 is offline Find More Posts by wyldrydes2
Last edited by wyldrydes2; Jan 03, 2013 at 09:35 PM. Reason: typo
Old Jan 04, 2013, 12:00 AM
Taking care of the pond.
United States, CA, Sanger
Joined Apr 2004
7,372 Posts
Great pictures Craig.
MILLERTIME is offline Find More Posts by MILLERTIME
Old Jan 05, 2013, 11:53 AM
Model trains, Rc Boats, Rc air
United States, CA, SF
Joined Mar 2009
385 Posts
What boat is in picture 6 and 8?
6789boat is offline Find More Posts by 6789boat
Old Jan 05, 2013, 03:30 PM
Joined Sep 2012
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptLee View Post
moparty 50 yds is 150 feet in my figures and that is all of the protected area total. If you are not happy with the working area and rules set up by the Park and Rec go somewhere else to do your thing. The rest of us would appreciate it very much.
While I may have only two posts,I have been going to spreckles for years,and you would know me by face, as for the trolling, Craig WE WILL have words,when we meet up,Capt. Lee, this is still a public lake,and i'll go where I want, who the hell do you people think you are? just because you think by acting on P&R guidelines written in the 90"s you have the right to lay down bouys wherever it suits you ! and as for opening the can of worms with P&R, that is the last thing we all want to do,but by those exercising what they think is there rights, they are tramping on the rights of others, I agree that using this lake is a privelidge,and not a right,and those that abuse the rules should be reprimanded in some way,there is plenty of lake to divy up into parcels for the diverse class of boats that run, but youz guyz are only thinking for yourselves,which is the point I wanted to make,you layed the bouys down into an area so cramped that it is an accident waiting to happen, I'll be happy to meet with you guys and further discuss this,but lay-off the personal attacks or there will be more than just words to discuss.
mopartybob is offline Find More Posts by mopartybob
Old Jan 05, 2013, 04:05 PM
United States, CA, Castro Valley
Joined Mar 2012
166 Posts
Please, I would like to meet you. I am sure you talk in a much nicer tone than you type. I have that problem also, I sometimes forget to edit my own emails knowing that they are going public. As a small boater I feel a bit more safe in the kiddy pool area. When I last ran my boat I saw the speed guys doing a nice job running out in the open. It really made for a friendlier lake with over 14 boats in the water. So I say anything that lets more guys use the public lake looks like its working to me. I am the bald guy with a beard, most of the time with a hat so the bald thing might be hard to see. My name is Gary, Just say Hello and we can talk. I like the folks at the lake.

Take Care

Gary
Pond Sailer is offline Find More Posts by Pond Sailer
Old Jan 05, 2013, 05:30 PM
Model trains, Rc Boats, Rc air
United States, CA, SF
Joined Mar 2009
385 Posts
Hey Guys,
D&J Hobbies is moving and is having a 20-80% sale! Coupon expires 1/13/12 and details in this link
http://campaign.r20.constantcontact....kvvh9yqjNd8%3D
6789boat is offline Find More Posts by 6789boat
Old Jan 05, 2013, 05:48 PM
Joined Sep 2012
4 Posts
THANKS Gary, I'm sure we have met before with my son (Zach) please everyone,excuse my rudeness,as Gary pointed out,but it was pointed out to those that i'm sure I've met before..but never said anything to me,or any of the "other gassers" for input,about placing bouys in the water??? Yes, I am out there that often,and We are a great bunch of boaters out there that try to keep it flowing, with courtesy and respect towards each other while we operate within the allotted time frame that WE have.,..which is'nt much 4hrs. Sat Tues. Thurs.. but when it comes to SAFETY for all of us,I will be rude in pointing out "errors" in judgement,I'm ex-military,what can I say??? Thanks again Gary,looking to see you again. Robert
mopartybob is offline Find More Posts by mopartybob
Old Jan 05, 2013, 06:49 PM
United States, CA, Oakland
Joined Apr 2012
624 Posts
fast-slow-big-smal-expensive-cheap getting along

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopartybob View Post
lay-off the personal attacks or there will be more than just words to discuss.
This tone sounds over the top and reminds me of Nevada's Sharon Engel and her "Second Amendment solution" Lighten up, please.

Tuesday, New Year's Day we had fast, slow, big, cheap, expensive, scale boats plus one cute little kid with a string tied to a stick for him to tow his "boat"around the lake. We had 6-7 scale boats in the protected area.

The buoys created the needed barrier and works. Fasties can, when needed, launch with a toss without the danger of slamming into a slow puffer. The layout looks nice and it works. Here's a shout-out to Craig for the hardwork at trying to find a middle ground taking into consideration the needs of club & irregulars. Attaboy!

Fasties flew around without incident. A large crowd watched puffers and screamers all having a good time with their kids wide-eyed looking on no doubt dreaming of the day they can join in the fun.

Who's got it better than that?.....Nobody!

"Can't we all just get along?" R. King, RIP Just sayin'
wyldrydes2 is offline Find More Posts by wyldrydes2
Old Jan 05, 2013, 06:52 PM
Joined Mar 2012
166 Posts
Here is my short video of the day. I was testing my phone video for YouTube quality to see if was doable. It's no Nikon, but it worked.

January 1, 2013 10:52 AM (0 min 24 sec)

G
Last edited by Pond Sailer; Jan 06, 2013 at 02:14 AM.
Old Jan 05, 2013, 07:13 PM
Joined Nov 2010
216 Posts
Garry. Back on post #2227 you describe yourself, bald guy, beard, hat most of the time!!! Hey that sounds like me TOO!! I hope no one comes looking for my stern....The cone zone is for all of us, it may take a little longer for some to get used to it. As on the first run of the year it all worked out. See ya all out messing around in boats.
CPL.FUZZ is offline Find More Posts by CPL.FUZZ
Old Jan 05, 2013, 07:24 PM
Oakland Ca.
Joined Aug 2009
9,197 Posts
Sounds like a good combo of safety And fun....

Tim B. is offline Find More Posts by Tim B.
Old Jan 06, 2013, 12:11 AM
Age quod agis
Joined Sep 2007
1,434 Posts
Am I missing something? I thought there was a 15 mph speed limit on Spreckles Lake.
SD RC Boater is offline Find More Posts by SD RC Boater
Old Jan 06, 2013, 02:25 AM
Joined Mar 2012
166 Posts
CPL.FUZZ, LmAo, I didn't think you were around this weekend reading forums and that's why I used your description on here. I don't have the donuts to describe myself. If someone was to come after me the Only thing I could do is jump in the water. Good thing its only four feet deep. I could walk over to the other side.

G