New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 20, 2015, 11:14 PM
Find More Posts by Sessholvlaru
United States, NJ, Caldwell
Joined Apr 2007
369 Posts
Help!
10S let the magic smoke out. Now what?

I was charging a pack on my trusty old 10S that was nearly done. When I went to check on it the charger displayed the plug blocker error (this just seems to happen from time to time).

Since I knew the pack was just about charged, I pulled it off and threw a different battery on. As soon as I started the charge a puff of smoke came out of the charger.

I immediately unplugged everything.

I briefly connected the charger back to my car battery and it started up normally, but I'm afraid to use it for obvious reasons.

Can I still send it in for repair?
Sessholvlaru is online now Find More Posts by Sessholvlaru
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 21, 2015, 01:06 PM
Find More Posts by Howard Matos
AR-15 BRD!
Frederick, MD
Joined May 2002
1,046 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sessholvlaru View Post
I was charging a pack on my trusty old 10S that was nearly done. When I went to check on it the charger displayed the plug blocker error (this just seems to happen from time to time).

Since I knew the pack was just about charged, I pulled it off and threw a different battery on. As soon as I started the charge a puff of smoke came out of the charger.

I immediately unplugged everything.

I briefly connected the charger back to my car battery and it started up normally, but I'm afraid to use it for obvious reasons.

Can I still send it in for repair?
Good Day,

Please send the unit in for service. There is a flat $60 repair fee for this plus you have to pay the return shipping. Please include a note as to the problem along with a form of payment. Thanks

Howard
Howard Matos is offline Find More Posts by Howard Matos
Old Apr 21, 2015, 01:31 PM
Find More Posts by Sessholvlaru
United States, NJ, Caldwell
Joined Apr 2007
369 Posts
How do I include payment? Put cash in the box? Or can you just call me when you get it?
Sessholvlaru is online now Find More Posts by Sessholvlaru
Old Apr 22, 2015, 09:27 AM
Find More Posts by Jamie Marks
Joined Jan 2002
92 Posts
We will contact you for payment information when we receive the 10S. Please include your name, e-mail address and phone number when you send the charger in. If you have any questions, please e-mail cindy@revolectrix.com
Jamie Marks is offline Find More Posts by Jamie Marks