Find More Posts by buildcrashrepair
TEAM HILLBILLY
United States, KS, Leawood
Joined Jul 2013
594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pencon View Post
Yeah but the Viggen is way cooler than that canardless F106
I will probably build this one first since he doesn't have plans for the F-106 yet.
buildcrashrepair is online now Find More Posts by buildcrashrepair
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 13, 2015, 02:01 AM
Find More Posts by Sluf7
New Zealand, Taranaki, Midhirst
Joined Feb 1999
3,438 Posts
Some possible Viggen hi vis schemes
Sluf7 is offline Find More Posts by Sluf7
Old Apr 14, 2015, 09:17 AM
Find More Posts by pencon
Joined Dec 2008
1,695 Posts
Sluf7 when are you joining the group?
pencon is offline Find More Posts by pencon
Old Apr 15, 2015, 11:56 PM
Find More Posts by Sluf7
New Zealand, Taranaki, Midhirst
Joined Feb 1999
3,438 Posts
When I can talk my mate into selling my kit back to me as sold it to him when moved to Aussie.......
Sluf7 is offline Find More Posts by Sluf7
Old Apr 20, 2015, 01:35 PM
Find More Posts by xenon20
Jet-Set !
United Kingdom, Clevedon
Joined Dec 2013
180 Posts
I've been spending an eternity filling and sanding trying to get the surface as good as possible ready for paint. I sprayed the first coat of filler primer from rattle cans, but it turns out it was pretty rubbish filler, but what it did do is highlight a lot of areas that needed more filler - thought I had been very thorough but had to go back to it again!

Anyway nearly finished sanding everything back to 800 grit and next I'm going to use some 2K filler primer and spray it through the gun and compressor. After that I'm going to wet sand down to 1000 grit and then I'm going to add my 1/32" panel line tape then airbrush over these to build up, peel the tape off and have some recessed panel lines.

After that I'm going to be spraying the model gloss black as a base coat for the AK Xtreme Metal paints that I have bought for finishing. I have bought some modelling enamel and had initially intended to use that, but I am now considering using a 2K gloss black coat which should shine up nicely in prep for my metal paints.

I had a question for all you veterans out there - I have (or had) decided to paint and finish my model before the maiden flight because I wanted to keep the build drive going - Is this risky ? What are the most common adjustments one needs to make after a maiden flight ?

BTW check out the alien that I discovered hiding in my wing !

Cheers all

P
xenon20 is offline Find More Posts by xenon20
Old Apr 21, 2015, 01:08 AM
Find More Posts by pencon
Joined Dec 2008
1,695 Posts
Wow awesome job Xenon looks great even in primer . I'm going to fly mine before I put too much work into it . Make sure it flys well and then finish it . Not there yet though .
pencon is offline Find More Posts by pencon