Old Yesterday, 04:23 PM
Find More Posts by JimDrew
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
16,516 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcyr1 View Post
Excuse me.........what is OFS? (One Finger Salute?)
Open Flight Stabilizer:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...&highlight=OFS

Here are the links to OpenAero2:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1708175

...and OpenAeroVTOL:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...t=OpenAeroVTOL

The OpenAero series supports the Xtreme serial protocol (besides SBUS, CPPM, and Spektrum satellites), so you can plug a Nano or RFU directly into the board and use it.
JimDrew is online now Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 04:28 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
16,516 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckleanth View Post
Jim, I was talking about interrupt processing, pid scheduling & send servo signal sequentially to minimise the possibility two servo start moving at the exact same time. When ofs started openaero2 had similar issues.
Umm... No it didn't. The servos have never started at the exact same time. OpenAero2 uses the same servo output control mechanism that our products have used for years - that's because it came from me (see the credits). There is a maximum separation of 100us between the start of each servo outputs with OpenAero2. Our products use a maximum of 71us.

The original OpenAero2 PWM outputs were true sequential (one after another), which means the latency varied depending on the exact position of the sticks. Switching to my servo output method reduced latency by as much as 14ms, and more importantly, it made the servo outputs occur at virtually the same time. This is critical when you have multiple servos on the same surface or need two or more surfaces to move at the same time - not delayed by some random amount of time.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by JimDrew; Yesterday at 04:35 PM.
Old Yesterday, 05:45 PM
Find More Posts by jcyr1
United States, AZ, Surprise
Joined Jul 2002
439 Posts
Thanks for the explanation. Guess I've retired too long????
Got one on order along with the USBasp.
jcyr1 is offline Find More Posts by jcyr1
Old Today, 01:16 AM
Find More Posts by ckleanth
If it has wings it will fly...
United Kingdom, England, Birmingham
Joined Mar 2011
2,116 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
Umm... No it didn't. The servos have never started at the exact same time. OpenAero2 uses the same servo output control mechanism that our products have used for years - that's because it came from me (see the credits). There is a maximum separation of 100us between the start of each servo outputs with OpenAero2. Our products use a maximum of 71us.

The original OpenAero2 PWM outputs were true sequential (one after another), which means the latency varied depending on the exact position of the sticks. Switching to my servo output method reduced latency by as much as 14ms, and more importantly, it made the servo outputs occur at virtually the same time. This is critical when you have multiple servos on the same surface or need two or more surfaces to move at the same time - not delayed by some random amount of time.
i may have got it wrong but i believe when ofs started i don't think it contained your servo output method. Doesn't really matter, the codes now implement two different methods. With ofs two servo that move the same control surfaces (ailerons/split elevators etc) need to be defined one after the other on the channel list - this minimizes response differences and tbh it is not noticible. One cant even blink that fast
ckleanth is online now Find More Posts by ckleanth
Old Today, 12:40 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
16,516 Posts
It does make a difference for ganged servos, and swash plates!

Note: yes, I cleaned up the thread...
RCG Plus Member