Nov 14, 2010, 11:23 AM
My dog is PERFECT in my eyes
JPEE...I wonder what yer up to...LOL.

Heard from Barry, he just finished cutting another album so he's been in the fire and his wife has him busy getting ready for Thanksgiving so he's still in the fire....LMAO.

Dave....the Uproar was a GOOD plane and it hurt to loose it BUT it opens doors FOR THE NEXT PROJECT I'll want for a stunt plane. Anyway, it also freed me up to concentrate on the biplane build, and I just opened up a bunch of standard servos. I'll keep plugging away at the biplane now and when the heli motor and battery get here, I'll just stick to flying heli through the winter because I can't fly out back in 3ft of snow anyway.

Stamp....I'm alot like Dave. Sports have NEVER done it for me either so I just dont deal with it, I even rasied my kids the same way. When my kids were old enough to comprehend I asked them this question..." When a team wins the super bowl or whatever, does that change the amount of food on your table or the amount of money in you bank account? answer being NO." Unless it affects my life in a positive manner, it dont really matter....my logic. My son does LOVE amateur stock car racing, and he goes from time to time. For me, shooting and fishing isn't really a sport, it's interactive entertainment.

Jim....that ice rink ROCKS. When I was a kid we played hockey on the frozen overflows of the river near our house. That ice was super smooth, and about 18" thick (non moving water).

LOL...Jay and your TV problems...you aint got no luck eh?
to remove ads between posts
Nov 14, 2010, 11:30 AM
I meant to do that!
Dish/Direct Tv whats that? LOL

I quit the dish thing awhile ago, now I just use a 40ft antennae Im 1/2 way in between Indy and Bloomington so on a good day I can get like 10 channels
Nov 14, 2010, 12:15 PM
Visit My Blog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wnuk
Jay $30 to ship it back? They are nuts! Keep complaining to them, they will give in. We've had our monthly bill reduced by $15/month just by being a PITA with them. Now we get coupons for free PPV movies about once a month! Got to let them know WE the customers are ALWAYS right. Out here, Dish and Direct TV are the ONLY options.SO I'm stuck with them.

Dave- Yes, the Nox has some great reviews. There have been problems reported also and am keeping my eye on them for now. 3500 miles and all is well. Was totally opposed to the GM bailout but still like their products. Told the salesman that too as he tried to sell me on GM. Government had NO business bailing out a private company. Sink or swin on your own merits. Heck, nobody would bail me out if my business declined due to my own doing

Jim/Stamp- Haven't really been keeping an on the Hawks. Did they make a lot of off-season moves?

Fern - LOL, I'm hopeful it will work right. Done the homework and as long as the temps drop we should be OK. The thing that bugs me is most people report the liner is only good for one season. AT $180 a pop the wife is not to thrilled with that. I'm doing all I can to try for more than one season.

Vic- Kit builders are fading faster than Nancy Pelosi's approval numbers! Don't ever stop building. Kit builds are so much more rewarding than ARF's. I'd choose kits any day and hope to build several more over the years.

JPEE- Tell Rick to go head to the library and use their PC's to check in! LOL. Let him know we miss him around here.

Salary cap
Nov 14, 2010, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oracus
Dish/Direct Tv whats that? LOL

I quit the dish thing awhile ago, now I just use a 40ft antennae Im 1/2 way in between Indy and Bloomington so on a good day I can get like 10 channels
LOL...you're back to the stone age
Nov 14, 2010, 01:25 PM
Full Scale Piper Cub Driver

Blowing leaves off the driveway

Mini Titan is just the thing for blowing autumn leaves off the driveway. Having a blast with hovering practice and honey-do list at same time. Killing two birds with one stone (heli). Absolutely addicted to sound of the rotor...
Nov 14, 2010, 03:54 PM
TIME is so things last longer!
Hello Guys,

Well my suprise "was" this. I had down loaded this picture to my computer and brought it up on the full screen. Then I focused the web-cam on the picture full frame. Then I called Rick Barrrik and was going to record his telephone call on video along with the still picture and then upload to YouTube, then post here so he could in fact say hello to everyone.

When the call went through and he answered he did not sound well and was a bit foggy. The short of this is, he is ill with two broken molar teeth and severe infection. He is on apple sauce until Monday when he goes to the dentist who he fears more than the devil himself, so it does not go well for him. Hold a kind thought for him and hope for the best.

JPEE
12:50 California
Nov 14, 2010, 04:26 PM
Got Helis
JPEE,

Thanks for the update on RICK. I feel for him for sure. The dentist is one of my greatest fears too. That was a great idea with the picture, video and recording of the phone call to put on youtube.

Dave
Nov 14, 2010, 04:37 PM
MAN....no wonder he gets so depressed..... I'll give him a couple days, and call him to cheer him up.

Jay....I got about 16 hours of cutting, grinding, and welding on those struts. Steel is TOUGH to work with but initial results are VERY promising compared to the wire ones I built first.
Nov 14, 2010, 05:19 PM
Full Scale Piper Cub Driver

Mini Titan clone?

Does anyone know about this 450 clone that appears loosely based on the Thunder Tiger Mini Titan? http://www.xheli.com/newbofrexi45.html
Nov 14, 2010, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper J3
Does anyone know about this 450 clone that appears loosely based on the Thunder Tiger Mini Titan? http://www.xheli.com/newbofrexi45.html
Yeah...I'm very up on EXI...it's all I ever buy. Not that particular model though. I really LOVE the EXI with torque tube....I dont see me going back to belt ever unless it improves dramatically.
Nov 14, 2010, 06:55 PM
I meant to do that!
Well I think I'm done flyin helis for the season. I went to the field today wind picked up to 15-20 mph so no foamies or small helis. Fueled up the Vision50 started it up during spool up it died, ok it hasnt been ran in 2 months, started it again it dies at idle. Remove glow plug yep plug is bad, install new plug, start again and it dies. Check all lines for blocks or leaks. Everything is good, check compression, ok compression good, try a few more times. NOGO within 1 min it will die. Pack it up to the car. Take out Tank and chase dogs,helis, and people I got home tore down the engine bad rear crank bearing.
Nov 14, 2010, 07:14 PM
Quote:
Well I think I'm done flyin helis for the season. I went to the field today wind picked up to 15-20 mph so no foamies or small helis. Fueled up the Vision50 started it up during spool up it died, ok it hasnt been ran in 2 months, started it again it dies at idle. Remove glow plug yep plug is bad, install new plug, start again and it dies. Check all lines for blocks or leaks. Everything is good, check compression, ok compression good, try a few more times. NOGO within 1 min it will die. Pack it up to the car. Take out Tank and chase dogs,helis, and people I got home tore down the engine bad rear crank bearing.
Really...a bad crank brg? I figured it would be fuel mixture because of being COOLER and you have to run 'em a little richer. What BRAND engine was that? That's really a bummer guy
Nov 14, 2010, 08:45 PM
I meant to do that!
Its a Thunder Tiger Redline 53. Not completely uncommon for TT but the OS heli engines are known for bearing failures so I wasnt too surprised.
Nov 14, 2010, 09:09 PM
That looks about right!
Wow Kyle, that sucks real bad. Sounds like a winter time rebuild for ya.

Dentists don't scare me. They can work without novacane on me. Had to get a filling replaced ust this week, the old one fell out while eating a tootsie roll! Dang that halloweeh candy!

Sucks to hear about Rick. Really feel for him. Shame he doesn't live closer to one of us.
Nov 14, 2010, 10:25 PM
Quote:
Its a Thunder Tiger Redline 53. Not completely uncommon for TT but the OS heli engines are known for bearing failures so I wasnt too surprised.
OK....so what's a GOOD helicopter engine? I thought OS was pretty much top of the heap, but I guess it does matter which model you buy like difference between LA and whatever else. One is better than the other but same size. One has cheaper components inside, or ringed or whatever. I do know this, I wont touch FOX or Super Tiger anything.

Quick Reply