HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 25, 2012, 07:22 PM
Canada
Joined Jul 2010
100 Posts
I am wondering if this motor would push this plane? I want it to have some power, but I am a beginner who just wants it to fly comfortably. The prop slot isn't big enough to accommodate a 7 inch prop is it? I will be running it on 3s.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=12916
hondarider98 is offline Find More Posts by hondarider98
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 25, 2012, 07:59 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,240 Posts
Can't fit a 7" prop without cutting into the intake/fuse sides.

You can still fly comfortably with the standard 2212-6, just don't go full throttle. At half throttle she flies along nice and easy.

Pat
crxmanpat is offline Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Old Jun 25, 2012, 09:29 PM
Canada
Joined Jul 2010
100 Posts
I already ordered the 1450kv motor for another plane, so I was hoping it would work in this jet. Would it work with a smaller version of the f22?
Old Jun 25, 2012, 09:38 PM
Aussie, Aussie, Aussie!
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Apr 2009
1,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondarider98 View Post
I already ordered the 1450kv motor for another plane, so I was hoping it would work in this jet. Would it work with a smaller version of the f22?
With a lower kV motor, which the 1450 is, it needs to swing a bigger prop to develop the quoted thrust. It won't work on a smaller version, you actually need a version bigger than 100% to swing the larger prop. As you go smaller in plane size the max prop gets smaller so you start needing a higher kV than 2200 to develop any thrust out of the small prop.

High kV, small prop. Put a large on it and you will over-amp it.
Low kV, large prop. Put a small prop on it and it simply won't produce enough thrust.
nrg2go is online now Find More Posts by nrg2go
Old Jun 25, 2012, 10:39 PM
Canada
Joined Jul 2010
100 Posts
Thanks for the help. I will get a 2200kv for it then.
Old Jul 01, 2012, 08:29 PM
United States, CA, Placerville
Joined Jul 2012
8 Posts
hello first time poster long time reader i just ordered a flysky9 tx and now that i have a good tx/rx i can program im going to try this build i plan on using a Exceed RC Rocket 2210-1820KV motor with a apc 6x4 or 6x5 prop 30amp esc and two EXI-Servo-D213F i know the kv a little low but hobbypartz in house testing said it spins a 6x4 faster then a microv3 so i thought it would do the job and im not going for any speed records so i have two questions 1. does anyone see any reason why this motor won't work 2. can any one recommend a set up i.e. expo throws and so on for a guy just getting into propslot jets and programmable tx also as a side note if someone could message me or some thing the rx models they gotten to work with their flysky9 tx id really be grateful thanks
joethebuilder is offline Find More Posts by joethebuilder
Old Jul 03, 2012, 01:26 PM
USA, SE Wisconsin
Joined May 2009
2,375 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joethebuilder View Post
hello first time poster long time reader i just ordered a flysky9 tx and now that i have a good tx/rx i can program im going to try this build i plan on using a Exceed RC Rocket 2210-1820KV motor with a apc 6x4 or 6x5 prop 30amp esc and two EXI-Servo-D213F i know the kv a little low but hobbypartz in house testing said it spins a 6x4 faster then a microv3 so i thought it would do the job and im not going for any speed records so i have two questions 1. does anyone see any reason why this motor won't work 2. can any one recommend a set up i.e. expo throws and so on for a guy just getting into propslot jets and programmable tx also as a side note if someone could message me or some thing the rx models they gotten to work with their flysky9 tx id really be grateful thanks
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=12339
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=12901
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=10625
http://www.hobbypartz.com/79p-r6b-receiver.html
http://www.hobbypartz.com/79p-r8b-receiver.html
crucial is offline Find More Posts by crucial
Old Jul 05, 2012, 01:45 PM
Joined Jul 2012
8 Posts
thanks im building a plane that would benefit from a 3ch rx thanks again hopefully ill have it done tonight and ill post so pics
Old Jul 06, 2012, 01:49 AM
Joined Feb 2010
1,690 Posts
Gents,
What's the max wing span/scale/percentage that you would recommend with the GH SMJ. I know it's not a speed demon. I miss how well this plane flew.
Thanks
Doushiyou12 is online now Find More Posts by Doushiyou12
Last edited by Doushiyou12; Jul 06, 2012 at 01:55 AM.
Old Jul 06, 2012, 09:19 AM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,240 Posts
I'd say probably max 150%, but 125% would probably be best.

Pat
crxmanpat is offline Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Old Jul 06, 2012, 12:49 PM
Joined Feb 2010
1,690 Posts
Pat,
As always, thank you
Doushiyou12 is online now Find More Posts by Doushiyou12
Old Jul 19, 2012, 09:07 PM
United States, CA, Long Beach
Joined Sep 2011
93 Posts
whats up guys and gals... i dont post much here but i do read every post. i thought id at least do my part and try to keep this thread alive.
heres an update from post #2771.. ive rebuilt still using foam board, (yea i know... depron is the stuff to use.. but its cheap and VERY availible to me) 2212-06 6x4 prop...facing the correct direction... and flown many times having sooo much fun!! without a crash too!!
today i was out flying when i ran into another enthusiast. he was impressed with this jet, and its top and low end speed. he was interested in building one. he has a edf f22 but he said hes scared to fly it around because the speed has to be kept up really high. i told him not this one!!
any updates on your guys' jets? paint scheme, design..etc..
articulatekevin is offline Find More Posts by articulatekevin
Old Jul 20, 2012, 05:53 AM
Joined Jul 2012
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by articulatekevin View Post
whats up guys and gals... i dont post much here but i do read every post. i thought id at least do my part and try to keep this thread alive.
heres an update from post #2771.. ive rebuilt still using foam board, (yea i know... depron is the stuff to use.. but its cheap and VERY availible to me) 2212-06 6x4 prop...facing the correct direction... and flown many times having sooo much fun!! without a crash too!!
today i was out flying when i ran into another enthusiast. he was impressed with this jet, and its top and low end speed. he was interested in building one. he has a edf f22 but he said hes scared to fly it around because the speed has to be kept up really high. i told him not this one!!
any updates on your guys' jets? paint scheme, design..etc..
hello bro i wrecked mine before i could paint it still figuring out my 9x and flip a switch i shouldnt have but the 2.0 build is on i am also using $tree foam but my motor mount needs to be rework it flexes to much at speed making the trust unpredictable but i did do some thing to the elevons to stiffen them up ill post a pic maybe we can get this thread alive again
Old Jul 21, 2012, 01:03 PM
Joined Oct 2004
19 Posts
I will join the Keep The Thread Alive Club. My maiden flight went very well but I did have to bring it down after about 1 min to adjust the left elevon. 2nd flight was slow and uneventful. 3rd flight however was fun, I went to my parents house to fly it off the deck and things went south. Did not do a range check and lost signal about 2 min into flight. Taping the antenna's would have been a good idea "as they are now". So I lost control and went strait into a tree. The RT wingtip cracked and there is a pea size hole in the wing. Glued the wingtip - left the hole "gives it character". She's been flown a couple dozen times now without incident. Thanks Tomhe and to all who have helped me, this is a fun plane to build and fly.
x388s is offline Find More Posts by x388s
Last edited by x388s; Jul 21, 2012 at 02:08 PM.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 11:56 PM
United States, CA, Long Beach
Joined Sep 2011
93 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by x388s View Post
I will join the Keep The Thread Alive Club. My maiden flight went very well but I did have to bring it down after about 1 min to adjust the left elevon. 2nd flight was slow and uneventful. 3rd flight however was fun, I went to my parents house to fly it off the deck and things went south. Did not do a range check and lost signal about 2 min into flight. Taping the antenna's would have been a good idea "as they are now". So I lost control and went strait into a tree. The RT wingtip cracked and there is a pea size hole in the wing. Glued the wingtip - left the hole "gives it character". She's been flown a couple dozen times now without incident. Thanks Tomhe and to all who have helped me, this is a fun plane to build and fly.
awww that sucks. just keep at it. i promise you'll have it in the air flying like a dream!! at least you didnt loose the plane like i have before
flew mine today as well. i crashed too i was about 4 feet from the ground and i planned on going stright into the air but i decided to do a quick roll first and lost the little altitude i had and floped real hard on the belly. got lucky it was very minor damage. and the prop didnt break.. took it home. glued it up, charged up a couple of batteries and went right back out. flew like new!
-kevin-
articulatekevin is offline Find More Posts by articulatekevin