HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 23, 2014, 01:25 PM
RC Guy Having Fun!
Joined Apr 2010
422 Posts
Question
Boscam Ts351 with Mobius Camera

Some guidance for an old modeler but first time FPV flyer! I love my Mobius camera and want to use it for my first FPV experience. I have a Boscam TS 351 TX which uses 12 volts in for power. I plan to continue to use the Mobius internal battery to power the camera. My question is can I solder the yellow video in wire from the TX to the yellow video out wire from the Massive RC cable and the black ground wire from the TX to the cable video out black wire? Will this work or fry my Mobius? Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks, Aero
Aeronut41 is offline Find More Posts by Aeronut41
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 23, 2014, 01:59 PM
Wait...what?
Canada, BC, Abbotsford
Joined Sep 2010
1,050 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeronut41 View Post
Some guidance for an old modeler but first time FPV flyer! I love my Mobius camera and want to use it for my first FPV experience. I have a Boscam TS 351 TX which uses 12 volts in for power. I plan to continue to use the Mobius internal battery to power the camera. My question is can I solder the yellow video in wire from the TX to the yellow video out wire from the Massive RC cable and the black ground wire from the TX to the cable video out black wire? Will this work or fry my Mobius? Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks, Aero
Yes, OR, get one of these:http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store..._Charging.html

Name: 61655.jpg
Views: 8
Size: 35.7 KB
Description:

Also, it's a better bet to use a 5v bec to power the Mobius, if the internal battery dies in flight you're blind

Cheers,
Geoff
gbmarsh is offline Find More Posts by gbmarsh
Old Sep 23, 2014, 02:23 PM
RC Guy Having Fun!
Joined Apr 2010
422 Posts
Geoff, Does "yes" mean it will work or "yes" it will fry my Mobius? Good idea on the charger. Aero
Old Sep 23, 2014, 03:30 PM
Wait...what?
Canada, BC, Abbotsford
Joined Sep 2010
1,050 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeronut41 View Post
Geoff, Does "yes" mean it will work or "yes" it will fry my Mobius? Good idea on the charger. Aero
Lol, 'Yes' it will work
Here's a simple setup using a 5v BEC for the Mobius power and a servo extension replacing the loom that comes with the TS351(the red wire on the servo extension is not connected to anything). I haven't used this setup for awhile so missing from the picture is a 'Y' connection between the battery and the 2 JST power plugs for the vtx and BEC.
Name: IMG_00000012.jpg
Views: 15
Size: 592.7 KB
Description:

Hope this helps,
Geoff
gbmarsh is offline Find More Posts by gbmarsh
Old Sep 23, 2014, 04:21 PM
RC Guy Having Fun!
Joined Apr 2010
422 Posts
Thanks Geoff, That's good news I'll wire it up using the internal battery to test things out and then move up to a BEC. I probably will also need better antennas if I read correctly. Sure do like my new Mobius camera! Took a short test vid this morning on my 262. It has good quality and colors. Again, thanks for the info and good flying, Aero

Mobvid1 (1 min 57 sec)