SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 29, 2012, 06:07 PM
Roanoke, VA
Joined Sep 2008
928 Posts
Build Log
AeroSky B60 Build

Here is my build log so far on this plane... Starting from coming out of the box.... This has been previously transfered from the "AeroSky B60" by request of the thread starter.

What you have been waiting for... Going to have to be patient... It is packaged to a great extent in 2 boxes, tight fit, and very large size... I was shocked at the box size.

Here are some teasers... More to follow:
sparkie624 is offline Find More Posts by sparkie624
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 29, 2012, 06:08 PM
Roanoke, VA
Joined Sep 2008
928 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim B. View Post
Amazing how the packaging engineers get it done so well.

Was this bigger than the "standard" size box we seem to get all NP stuff in ?
LOL, YES... 42" Long,26" Wide, Packed to the hilt...

One thing I will say... Nitroplanes did a BAD job advertising this plane... It is 10 times better than expected in my opinion.

So far the only thing I do not like is the manual.... Going to try to PDF and post if you all want it... Going to be any easy build. I have a total of 34 pictures, and that means 27 more within the next few minutes. Sit back and enjoy.

Sparkie
Old Sep 29, 2012, 06:52 PM
Roanoke, VA
Joined Sep 2008
928 Posts
Quote:
Is that wing one peice ??
Shipped NO, but you glue it together.. So trips to the field it will be one piece.... For me, I am going to keep it all put together, but driving a full size suburban, that is a nice piece of transportation.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 06:57 PM
Roanoke, VA
Joined Sep 2008
928 Posts
Just as an overview of the problems as I see it:

1.) 2 Servos, one for each elevator. This could prove to be a problem if they do not operate at the same speeds.
2.) The channel has no way to hold wire in. Going to need tape or something else.
3.) Nav lights are wired in with the ESC. They are always on and cannot be turned off as long as the battery is attached. I personally prefer to have mine switched.
4.) Steering has small pop, but do not believe it is a real problem.
5.) No tail nav light or landing lights, Would not take much to fix that however.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 06:58 PM
Roanoke, VA
Joined Sep 2008
928 Posts
Quote:
Your doing a Great job of documentation here !
Q:
Is that nose gear config. very unusual for nose retracts ? ( pull/pull )
Not really, When it retracts there is no tension on the steering servo. When it extends they go tight, and follow the rudder. Overly simple. I think it is going to work out very well. I may post the build as well if everyone likes the pics so far... This is going to be a great model, but docs leave a lot to be desired.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 06:59 PM
Roanoke, VA
Joined Sep 2008
928 Posts
I am not real satisfied with the quality... The entire manual is ONE sheet that folds out. It is fairly complete, but would rather have a book style and larger print. Some of us older guys have to use a magnifying glass.... but "it is what it is"
Old Sep 29, 2012, 06:59 PM
Roanoke, VA
Joined Sep 2008
928 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyandi View Post
Looks good - I mean remember it's only $199 ...

However I was very worried about the 1600mm wing .. and now it's confirmed - I can't have this plane :-( because I don't have a car (except wife's SUV - No Plane Zone) that will be able to transport this without damage...
An Alternative, if you are interested... Looking at the directions, there is no where that tell you to Glue the wings. If you keep the SPAR, and Both Wing halves separate then you would be able to take them apart. The only glue is for the aft sect of the Fuselage at the rudder, Winglets, and FLAP HINGES and of course the Antennas. You install the wings with PM4*90 Screws. With the Basic 59" Wing Span, 1/2 of it would only be less than 30 inches. Note the PDF file for the directions... Even though they are not the best manuals that I have ever copied.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 07:00 PM
Roanoke, VA
Joined Sep 2008
928 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper1216 View Post
Looking good so far! Thanks for all the pics and descriptions. Just ordered mine last night. Should be here Wednesday. Quick question for you. What size wheels do you think I can fit on there? I'm going to be flying off grass, so the bigger the better.

Viper
Me too.. For the mains a max of 2". too close of tolerance on the nose gear, so without MAJOR work, no upgrade available. See Pics.