SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 22, 2012, 06:20 PM
The Netherlands, NH, Nieuw-Vennep
Joined Mar 2011
518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehirobo View Post
We will have some aftermarket pack which fit this heli soon. And noway anyone will buy it at $25 each. LOL
You need to sort it out I guess. I'm willing to order the Master CP with you asap but this lipo thing is a real dealbreaker.
Chow is offline Find More Posts by Chow
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 23, 2012, 01:58 AM
RC Helis: My Healthy Obsession
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyro37 View Post
Looks like this could also use a BRUSHLESS main motor and ESC (which I have sitting in my box)
My spare motor is 27mm diameter, 2.3 mm shaft with 10T pinoin...
Can somebody check if this is a 10T pinion...
Thanks,
-Spyro
I just counted my pinion and it is a 13t.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chow View Post
You need to sort it out I guess. I'm willing to order the Master CP with you asap but this lipo thing is a real dealbreaker.
I have a couple of Turnigy NanoTech 25/50C 1000mah packs that fit this heli perfectly. So there are better lipo packs that run about $11 a piece for this heli. I got them from here:http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Lipo_Pack.html

My test flights have been quite good in all honesty. It seems to have ample power even with the stock brushed motor set-up. It will do some mild 3D and inverted climbout is quite strong. The tail holds solid and is very stable in hover. I mean it is really, really stable in hover. I am not exactly a fan of the motored tail, but I have to say this heli is much more fun than the V400 heli I tested a while back. Also, the Devo 7E Tx is easy to program and use. It only has 1 stunt mode and is the size of the Devo 6. Not a bad Tx overall, but I prefer a full size radio with some range for field flying IMO.
dkfuji is offline Find More Posts by dkfuji
Last edited by dkfuji; Aug 23, 2012 at 02:04 AM.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 02:19 AM
WIFE HAND LAUNCHED MY PLANES!
Joined Jun 2009
2,179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkfuji View Post
I just counted my pinion and it is a 13t.
Thanks for checking...

More reviews, pros or cons if you have more to share.
Also, I wonder if my 26mm BL motor will fit. which I think it would.
I might consider of getting one just because of the size and the LOW price, and of course the reviews to come.

- Spyro
Spyro37 is offline Find More Posts by Spyro37
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Spyro37; Aug 23, 2012 at 12:39 PM.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 03:02 AM
Joined Aug 2010
238 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clearprop88 View Post
Are there any US companies that sell it?
No, a company in China.
myrcmodel is offline Find More Posts by myrcmodel
Old Aug 24, 2012, 11:53 AM
Joined Nov 2011
771 Posts
Just as a caution, it looks like the master CP uses the same cyclic servos as the V200 which are notoriously lousy. They might work better if the Master CP is lighter but just keep in mind that I had one fail on me mid-flight despite never having a crash and being babied. Always check your servos!
TucsonFlyer is offline Find More Posts by TucsonFlyer
Old Aug 24, 2012, 12:01 PM
Joined Mar 2011
518 Posts
Still in doubt. Received the V120D02S New yesterday and I'm quite impressed to say the least. If the Master CP flies similar I take the brushed motors and tailmotor for granted. Only thing which bothers me is the pricing of the lipo's.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 12:36 PM
los angeles,ca
Joined May 2010
2,579 Posts
Quote:
Still in doubt. Received the V120D02S New yesterday and I'm quite impressed to say the least. If the Master CP flies similar I take the brushed motors and tailmotor for granted. Only thing which bothers me is the pricing of the lipo's.
If you get the stock battery it will cost a arm & leg but the HK nano-tech cost $11. The stock battery for V200D03 cost $30 but Gens Ace batteries cost from $8- $10.
vronny is online now Find More Posts by vronny
Old Aug 24, 2012, 12:38 PM
Joined Mar 2011
518 Posts
I didn't find a Nano-tech yet which will fit the battery cage. You have a url perhaps?
Old Aug 24, 2012, 12:56 PM
los angeles,ca
Joined May 2010
2,579 Posts
Quote:
I didn't find a Nano-tech yet which will fit the battery cage. You have a url perhaps?
I found the same NT battery that DK posted in HK hong kong site for international buyers.
vronny is online now Find More Posts by vronny
Old Aug 24, 2012, 12:58 PM
Joined Mar 2011
518 Posts
I found one.. Only need to solder other connectors than..
Old Aug 27, 2012, 03:39 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,171 Posts
Apparently, this heli is getting quite popular and is sold out all the time in shops in Southern China. The street price is around $120. The $20+ stock batteries won't be available until September anyway. There is a third party battery available for $10 with the correct dimensions and plug.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Aug 27, 2012, 05:41 AM
Russian Federation, Primorsky Krai, Vladivostok
Joined Jun 2012
42 Posts
I'd be interested in seeing some reviews of this. Dkfuji gave us a quick rundown, but I was hoping for something a bit more indepth. In particular, more on flight characteristics, durability - both from crash damage and normal usage, and wind handling. It's almost always windy where I live (the city is on a peninsula), so that's a definite factor. I'm impressed with how well my Mini CP can handle wind (at least compared to my V200, but being FP that's not a huge surprise) and for sure it's crash durable. I'm quick on the throttle so that's helped a lot, but still it's taken some hard knocks and, other than some canopy cracks, still keeps ticking.

I don't have huge flying areas near me so size is a factor. Until I get my transportation issues squared away, 450s are out. So something like the Master CP or the V120D02S are on my near-term buying radar. Need to fill up some model slots on my Devo 10. Heavy 3D is not something I'll be ready to do for quite some time, so that's not a consideration. Wind handling, sport flying, (very) mild 3D, durability, easy and relatively inexpensive repair, and the ability to take up a light cam or FPV gear are my main bullet points. Am I asking for too much?
Newbmeister is offline Find More Posts by Newbmeister
Old Aug 27, 2012, 10:04 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,350 Posts
I think this heli will be nice size for me as bigger than 100 size helis. I have a long road ahead but as time goes on learning more. Flying/ reading/ sim work. Repairing/ soldering etc/ and those ity bitty screws and thin wires..oh..my!! My goal is have decent modest fleet of good flying helis. Able to fly moderate 3D.
4 ch is fine for now, but if you are serious heli flyer you need to go 6 ch.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Aug 27, 2012, 10:44 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,171 Posts
I bought a sample today for $120 which includes a third party battery. When I got home, I found that the battery won't fit as the orientation of the plug was incorrect. This is something to look out for when you order third party batteries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbmeister View Post
I'd be interested in seeing some reviews of this. Dkfuji gave us a quick rundown, but I was hoping for something a bit more indepth. In particular, more on flight characteristics, durability - both from crash damage and normal usage, and wind handling. It's almost always windy where I live (the city is on a peninsula), so that's a definite factor. I'm impressed with how well my Mini CP can handle wind (at least compared to my V200, but being FP that's not a huge surprise) and for sure it's crash durable. I'm quick on the throttle so that's helped a lot, but still it's taken some hard knocks and, other than some canopy cracks, still keeps ticking.

I don't have huge flying areas near me so size is a factor. Until I get my transportation issues squared away, 450s are out. So something like the Master CP or the V120D02S are on my near-term buying radar. Need to fill up some model slots on my Devo 10. Heavy 3D is not something I'll be ready to do for quite some time, so that's not a consideration. Wind handling, sport flying, (very) mild 3D, durability, easy and relatively inexpensive repair, and the ability to take up a light cam or FPV gear are my main bullet points. Am I asking for too much?
I would still recommend the V120D02S at this stage. It will be months before the durability of the Master CP is known. I doubt that people will be flying it to the same extent as the V120D02S.

The V120D02S is based on a design that is a few years old and has got much of the bugs worked out. Whereas the Master CP is a completely new design. The Master CP seems to use the horrible servos that can strip just by examining them by hand.

My experience is that it takes 8 to 20 crashes before you need to repair something on the Mini CP, whereas it takes 3-8 crashes for the V120D02S.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Aug 27, 2012, 02:17 PM
RC Helis: My Healthy Obsession
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbmeister View Post

I have flown it in the wind and she is pretty stable in FF. I am still messing with the settings to take the edge off the flips and rolls. Sport flying is very smooth and consistent so far. So far I have turned up the servo ext to max and dialed down the D/R to 80% and Expo to 20%. If you don't the flip rate is scary! All other settings on the Rx pots are factory. I have changed the pitch curves from factory settings to a standard linear 0 to 100% and turned down the pitch travel to achieve a +/-13* pitch. I have also set the Rudder D/R to 120% and Exp to Linear to improve the piro rate and feel. It definitely has the power to take up a small camera but I have no way of knowing how that will affect flight times. Right now, the NanoTech 1000mah packs are giving me about 3.5mins of mild 3D flight. Of course there is no way of predicting the repair bills on this heli yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
I bought a sample today for $120 which includes a third party battery. When I got home, I found that the battery won't fit as the orientation of the plug was incorrect. This is something to look out for when you order third party batteries.

I would still recommend the V120D02S at this stage. It will be months before the durability of the Master CP is known. I doubt that people will be flying it to the same extent as the V120D02S.

The V120D02S is based on a design that is a few years old and has got much of the bugs worked out. Whereas the Master CP is a completely new design. The Master CP seems to use the horrible servos that can strip just by examining them by hand.

My experience is that it takes 8 to 20 crashes before you need to repair something on the Mini CP, whereas it takes 3-8 crashes for the V120D02S.
Agreed. This heli needs a bit more space to fly about than the V120D02S for sure. So far I have not experienced a stripped servo even by moving the blades and arms by hand so who knows. Of course we all know by now that Walkera servos are not the best in the market, but they are relatively cost effective.
dkfuji is offline Find More Posts by dkfuji