Old Dec 19, 2015, 01:58 AM
Find More Posts by rostap
Joined Nov 2004
91 Posts
Question
MS 406 C1 Plan - help needd

Hello,
seems I need your help again.
I bought part of the MS 406C1 plan in local hobby shop few years ago. Unfortuately it is only half of the plan. The remaining part with wings, elevator and rudder is missing. I tried to find the second part of the plan somewhere in the world without any success.
It looks like the plan is from some French magazine. As you can see there is only a name (Th.Souin) and the year (2003) on the plan.
So it is really a bit of detective work to find the magazine where the plan was published.
I will really appreciate if somebody can help me to identify the magazine or help me to get the second part of the plan.
MS406 is the matters of my heart because some of the most famous Czech fighters used this nice small fighter during the French campaign of WWII. That is the reason why I want to have Morane in my hangar.
rostap is offline Find More Posts by rostap
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 19, 2015, 05:15 AM
RFJ
Find More Posts by RFJ
RFJ
Northern Ireland
Joined Dec 2004
2,242 Posts
Might be this one.

http://librairie-hussard.com/catalog...r-p-30647.html

Ray
RFJ is offline Find More Posts by RFJ
Old Dec 19, 2015, 08:49 AM
Joined Nov 2004
91 Posts
Hello Ray, thank yoou very much for the link. I am afraid the plan you suggested is not the one I am looking for. My plan is for electic motor and the plan on the link is for standard IC engine.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 09:25 AM
Find More Posts by Steve85
The "pro" in procrastination
Canada, ON, Kingston
Joined Mar 2004
3,473 Posts
Hi rostap,

I did a bit of detective work, and knowing that "Th." is often an abbreviation for the French first name "Thierry", I Googled "Thierry Souin MS406" and found some results that might interest you. It appears Souin is an accomplished model designer whose designs appeared in the French magazine RCM ("Radio Control Magazine", not the former US "Radio Control Modeller"), and the plan and article for the MS406 were published in the February and March 2003 issues. One of the links below suggests that the plans are no longer available, and that the builder had to contact Souin to get a copy, so that may be one way of proceeding. You could also try to get a copy of the two magazine articles on e-bay or elsewhere. Hope this helps.

Build thread (in French):

http://www.modelisme.com/forum/aero-...rry-souin.html

Another partial build thread:

http://www.rcpilot-online.com/hangar/Morane-406_r5.html

Steve
Steve85 is online now Find More Posts by Steve85
Old Dec 19, 2015, 01:20 PM
Joined Nov 2004
91 Posts
Hello Steve,
thank you very much. Seems this is what I am looking for. Once more thank you, it seems to be a nice christmas present
Old Dec 19, 2015, 03:50 PM
Find More Posts by Steve85
The "pro" in procrastination
Canada, ON, Kingston
Joined Mar 2004
3,473 Posts
You're very welcome, rostap. Veselé Vánoce!

Steve
Steve85 is online now Find More Posts by Steve85
Old May 17, 2016, 05:04 AM
Find More Posts by Hs126
Joined May 2016
1 Posts
I have both sheets of the plan

Well, I know its too late to answer but I saw this thread today while I was looking for some specifications regarding this MS406-C1 plan.
I have both sheets of the plan and I could gladly scan them and send them to you if you are still interested. By the way, whats the size of the engine for this warbird? I presume an efective 0.35 would be good enough, right?
Hs126 is offline Find More Posts by Hs126
Old May 20, 2016, 11:46 AM
Joined Nov 2004
91 Posts
Hello, thank you very much for the offer. I have both parts of the plan now. Thanks to this forum I got the right direction, got in contact with a modeller from Frace (on French forum - thank you Mr.Goggle for translation :-)) and he was so kind, made a copy of the plan and sent it to me.