New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 03:03 AM
Find More Posts by solentlife
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
Latvia, Ventspils pilsēta, Ventspils
Joined Jan 2010
11,633 Posts
Hobby King Cessna 182 + Floatkit ...

Since building and enjoying the antics with my Polaris ... still experimenting as well with her ....

I have grown a taste for waterplanes. I dabbled years ago with them, but that was in days of glow engines and wood models. But with todays foam jobs and electrics ... the possibilities are far more easy to realise.

I have just ordered the HK Cessna 182 with LED lighting ... I have all the required motors / servos etc. spare ... as well as the float kit I bought to fit to my Skyartec Cessna. This proved difficult as the Skyartec battery box prevents ideal location of struts etc.

So roll on Mr Postman ... I shall post up a build and review of the 182 + fitting of floats. I have collected loads of info about modifications / set-up etc. so I hope all goes well and no mishaps on maiden.

Model :

Float kit :

Question : Has anyone put this combo together and any pointers ?

One area that I am particularly interested in : The mounting / design of water rudder ... To hang it of the Air-rudder seems a bit drastic and liable to easy damage. The floats have minimal mount area at rear ... and also means weight on one float ...

Ideas please ?

I do need water rudder as the river has a steady slow flow and also wind tends to stay prevalent ...

Watch this space !!

solentlife is online now Find More Posts by solentlife
to remove ads between posts