SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 15, 2013, 01:28 PM
Find More Posts by timothyholyoake
Joined Nov 2013
1 Posts
Help!
Hubsan X4 FPV files

O.K. So quads looked like fun. So I bought an x-4 to have a go. And it was fun. THEN came the FPV model. Not tried FPV yet, so I got one and tried it (The jury is still out on this one).
However, At long last the question...... wait for it.........

Does any one know how to take the Video footage off the micro SD card in the Hubsan X-4 and play it on a PC?

Mine won't recognise the file type. So I assume I need some way to convert it into an AVI or MOV or MPEG 3/4 or whatever.
timothyholyoake is offline Find More Posts by timothyholyoake
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 07, 2013, 10:51 PM
Find More Posts by CSM101
Rotterdam
Joined Apr 2008
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timothyholyoake View Post
O.K. So quads looked like fun. So I bought an x-4 to have a go. And it was fun. THEN came the FPV model. Not tried FPV yet, so I got one and tried it (The jury is still out on this one).
However, At long last the question...... wait for it.........

Does any one know how to take the Video footage off the micro SD card in the Hubsan X-4 and play it on a PC?

Mine won't recognise the file type. So I assume I need some way to convert it into an AVI or MOV or MPEG 3/4 or whatever.

Try open a file with VLC player,. it will repair it and then you can save the file again and after that rename the file .avi
It worked for me,. had the same problem,. files are missing there index.
CSM101 is offline Find More Posts by CSM101
Old Dec 08, 2013, 09:21 AM
Find More Posts by Martin Y
400' ..... NOT
Canada
Joined Jan 2009
4,177 Posts
Use the top jack on the left of the remote. Plug in a stero connector and you will have video out to record or goggles. It's a way better picture than the on board system.
Martin Y is offline Find More Posts by Martin Y
Old Dec 27, 2013, 11:32 AM
Find More Posts by bobbutts
USA, NH, Bow
Joined Jun 2007
391 Posts
Fix the videos

I got an Hubsan FPV for Christmas and had the same problem with files lacking index. I found that Media Coder can fix them easily.
I'm linking a preset that will re-encode the videos in x264 as well as fixing the aspect and cropping the junk out of the frame. I can't upload .xml files here, so have to do it on my own site.
Here's a sample of the re-encoded video:
Sample Encode

edit: well that is lame, it doesn't keep the cropping settings in the preset. Anyway, you can paste this into the field in between "crop" and "cropper"
1:1:704:232
bobbutts is offline Find More Posts by bobbutts
Last edited by bobbutts; Dec 27, 2013 at 11:51 AM. Reason: cropping settings not included in preset file
Old Mar 17, 2015, 10:31 AM
Find More Posts by grcommando
Joined Feb 2015
18 Posts
hahaha bobbutts!!! nice dog :P
thanks i got same problem

Also thanks timothyholyoake that bring that up
grcommando is offline Find More Posts by grcommando