Dec 12, 2002, 09:45 PM
Thread OP

Av8 B Harrier Jump Jet

Would anyone know were I might find a good 3-veiw of a Harrier. Or have any info related to one.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 13, 2002, 01:50 AM
CP140 NAVCOM
Here's one of the BAe GR Mk. 5 (essentially the -8B) if you want the larger pic go to 3-view images . It's pretty good

BTW SPFD that's a Av-8A, not a B (pointy nose!)
Dec 13, 2002, 02:09 AM
Carbon fiber is our friend
You can go buy a plastic model. That's what I did.

Steve C
Dec 13, 2002, 04:19 AM
try this or this ........ good 3-view's but no crosssections

Kerberos
Dec 13, 2002, 05:00 AM
try http://www.suurland.com/blueprints_archive.php it has very detalied drawings of lots of planes
Dec 13, 2002, 09:54 AM
Thread OP

Wow ..

These are some really good pictures. I was wondering what size model did you use for your plug? I wonder why no site has any fusealage lofting/cross section pictures. I have herd about getting a model and cutting it up, but would I fill it with something first or just glue together and start cutting?
Dec 13, 2002, 11:23 AM
I think guys fill the models with modeling plaster of some kind. I dont know why you would not just cut it up with a band saw though, maybe to help keep it togter? Really, you dont even have to put the model to geter, just use a fuse half, cut it, scan it, trace it, and mirror copy the part to get good symetry.
Dec 13, 2002, 11:50 AM

Pantograph in 3D

Has anyone seen/tried this to make 3d foam masters from a pantograph ,Dremel and plastic kit?
The thread is headed 'Lightweight canopy' or something,but check out the last 2 images near the bottom:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ght=pantograph

Matt.
Dec 13, 2002, 11:58 AM

I'm interested

I've been looking into this myself and am extremely interested if someone comes up with the cross-section plans before I do!!

I'm tracing now...but its very slow.
Dec 13, 2002, 01:28 PM
Thread OP

Veiws

From my research I see there is alot more information on this airplane over seas, but most the web sites I find I can't read or understand the writing. Maybe there might be a modeler in Germany willing to help.
Dec 13, 2002, 02:24 PM

drawing

Balsaduster- I have a drawing with cross sections. If you need it send me an email. TGoodwin@lvcm.com

Ted
Dec 14, 2002, 11:41 PM
Carbon fiber is our friend
I didn't fill the plastic model, but it may help. I just cut one section at a time and traced them as I went. I don't remember what scale the plastic was, but bigger is better. I wouldn't mess with anything really small.

The wing on the AV-8B has a lot of twist and that makes a distinctive look to it. If you build without it, it would probably fly better, but never look right. A tough decision. That's one of the reasons I haven't finished mine.

Steve C
Dec 15, 2002, 05:30 AM
From the MaxCim Motors, Inc. website from a few years ago.
Dec 15, 2002, 05:31 AM
Another one.
Dec 15, 2002, 10:40 AM
Not to sound dumb but what is that eplanedude?

Quick Reply