New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 15, 2015, 09:43 AM
Find More Posts by dankar04
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
12,882 Posts
Sounds like a win/ win deal. My Forza is all JR and look foward to your results. My Forza and anoth 450 kit will be Winter projects. right now have three good 450's flying daily. Plus couple smaller c/p's.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 15, 2015, 11:20 AM
Find More Posts by dteel
Poor at Object Avoidance
United States, CA, El Cajon
Joined Mar 2014
3,071 Posts
I'm hoping you don't have any problems with your TAGS unit Dan, that would sure be a bummer. Sounds like it was sort of hard to troubleshoot too.

Flew my Forza this morning, very nice flight. Getting better at setting down very lightly... trying to limit wear and tear on the skids.

Looks like it's going to be another hot day. Glad I got the oil change done on the wife's truck early this morning. It's not going to be pleasant outside later.
dteel is offline Find More Posts by dteel
Old Aug 15, 2015, 11:36 AM
Find More Posts by 2Doggs
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
6,152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dteel View Post
Flew my Forza this morning, very nice flight. Getting better at setting down very lightly... trying to limit wear and tear on the skids.
After I broke my second set of skids, I put on 450 Pro skids. Tho there's less tail clearance, I prefer the look of the heli with them on - and clone 450 Pro skids are dirt cheap from Value Hobby....
2Doggs is offline Find More Posts by 2Doggs
Old Aug 15, 2015, 02:53 PM
Find More Posts by Powerdyne
KBDD Team Pilot
United States, IN, Muncie
Joined Mar 2013
1,541 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Doggs View Post
After I broke my second set of skids, I put on 450 Pro skids. Tho there's less tail clearance, I prefer the look of the heli with them on - and clone 450 Pro skids are dirt cheap from Value Hobby....
I've thought about doing the same on the Forza. I have the EX skids, and have already broken one of the Skid pipes. They are very thin, and rather pricy.
Powerdyne is offline Find More Posts by Powerdyne
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: TSA Infusion 600E Pro Build
Old Aug 15, 2015, 03:16 PM
Find More Posts by 2Doggs
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
6,152 Posts
The 450 Pro skids fit well, after you file down the locating tabs, and I've even used some old Leadershobby 450 strut and pipe type skids too.
2Doggs is offline Find More Posts by 2Doggs
Old Aug 18, 2015, 06:26 PM
Find More Posts by Tatonka
Buffalos have wings
Vancouver Washington
Joined Nov 2007
2,139 Posts
Did a little custom painting on my canopy, inspired by what you did with yours 2Doggs, my paint was a high coverage type though, so I got a different result.....Visibility is greatly improved, particularly when it is flying toward you.
Tatonka is online now Find More Posts by Tatonka
Old Aug 18, 2015, 11:13 PM
Find More Posts by HeliFlyer14
United States, OR, Corvallis
Joined May 2014
1,711 Posts
I guess I will be doing this a piece at a time. I was placing an order from Hobby King, so as long as I was paying postage, I also ordered a YEP 40A esc and programming card.

I already have a yellow kbar, so the last items will be the servos.
HeliFlyer14 is offline Find More Posts by HeliFlyer14
Old Aug 19, 2015, 05:26 AM
Find More Posts by ridge_racer
United States, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2010
2,636 Posts
Actually crashed mines yesterday. Did a half piro too low to the ground and lost it in the dirt. Only damage was the main gear, skid, and blades.
ridge_racer is offline Find More Posts by ridge_racer
Old Aug 19, 2015, 08:34 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
12,882 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dteel View Post
I'm hoping you don't have any problems with your TAGS unit Dan, that would sure be a bummer. Sounds like it was sort of hard to troubleshoot too.

Looks like it's going to be another hot day. Glad I got the oil change done on the wife's truck early this morning. It's not going to be pleasant outside later.
I may sell the Tags Mini as I have AR7200 BX. I bought the kit with Tags as only $20.00 more. I know I can get alot more then $20.00 for it.
I will be testing JR XG6 TX with couple other flight packs. 9ch RX/ w satelites.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 09:51 AM
Find More Posts by OrbitalGolem
Joined Jan 2012
839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
I may sell the Tags Mini as I have AR7200 BX. I bought the kit with Tags as only $20.00 more. I know I can get alot more then $20.00 for it.
I will be testing JR XG6 TX with couple other flight packs. 9ch RX/ w satelites.
I have almost 100 flights on my Forza with AR7200BX and it flies great. One benefit of the BX is fewer wires. Only two gotchas to watch for:
  • Don't let the stock canopy push down on the AR7200's perpendicular antenna. I was too initially too lazy to cut a notch in the canopy and that antenna eventually broke off. After Horizon repaired it, I learned my lesson.
  • You'll need to mount the AR7200BX a bit forward on the gyro deck to accommodate the ESC throttle cable.
OrbitalGolem is offline Find More Posts by OrbitalGolem
Old Aug 19, 2015, 11:54 AM
Find More Posts by ACITceva
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Apr 2013
69 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitalGolem View Post
I have almost 100 flights on my Forza with AR7200BX and it flies great. One benefit of the BX is fewer wires. Only two gotchas to watch for:
  • Don't let the stock canopy push down on the AR7200's perpendicular antenna. I was too initially too lazy to cut a notch in the canopy and that antenna eventually broke off. After Horizon repaired it, I learned my lesson.
  • You'll need to mount the AR7200BX a bit forward on the gyro deck to accommodate the ESC throttle cable.
I'm just curious what you used to cut the canopy for the antenna?
ACITceva is offline Find More Posts by ACITceva
Old Aug 19, 2015, 12:06 PM
Joined Jan 2012
839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACITceva View Post
I'm just curious what you used to cut the canopy for the antenna?
Scissors
Old Aug 19, 2015, 07:16 PM
Find More Posts by ACITceva
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Apr 2013
69 Posts
Quote:
[LIST][*]Don't let the stock canopy push down on the AR7200's perpendicular antenna. I was too initially too lazy to cut a notch in the canopy and that antenna eventually broke off. After Horizon repaired it, I learned my lesson.
What actually damaged the antenna? Having the antenna bent or the sharp edge of the canopy rubbing against it?
ACITceva is offline Find More Posts by ACITceva
Old Aug 19, 2015, 07:55 PM
Joined Jan 2012
839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACITceva View Post
What actually damaged the antenna? Having the antenna bent or the sharp edge of the canopy rubbing against it?
Both.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 10:20 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
12,882 Posts
Quote:
Scissors
Good answer. Thanks for info on AR7200 BX.