Old Jan 06, 2013, 11:56 AM
Find More Posts by dwtriac23
DWTRIAC23
United States, MA, North Andover
Joined Feb 2012
173 Posts
Discussion
SYMA F1 Armor

Does anyone have one of these? How does it fly? I have a Double horse 9100 and like its flight characteristics. It stopped working and I had to replace the transmitter and now it works fine.
dwtriac23 is offline Find More Posts by dwtriac23
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 25, 2013, 11:58 PM
Find More Posts by vincent713
Keep em' high and let it fly
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Aug 2013
2,908 Posts
I have one, it's well constructed with all metal frame making it heavy, too heavy for my taste. Lift off is a bit slow but once you get it air born this heli moves! I switch the servo arm to the outer most hole and fly it on high rate mode. This will fight the wind pretty decent and moves very fast! The worst thing I don't like about this heli is the battery, does not last long so get extra batteries! It's very responsive and the stability is decent once you get it trimmed. All in all, a very good looking heli that is easy to fly.
vincent713 is online now Find More Posts by vincent713
Old Dec 31, 2013, 02:26 PM
Find More Posts by yours truly
HELICOPTER SWAGG
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Dec 2013
458 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent713 View Post
I have one, it's well constructed with all metal frame making it heavy, too heavy for my taste. Lift off is a bit slow but once you get it air born this heli moves! I switch the servo arm to the outer most hole and fly it on high rate mode. This will fight the wind pretty decent and moves very fast! The worst thing I don't like about this heli is the battery, does not last long so get extra batteries! It's very responsive and the stability is decent once you get it trimmed. All in all, a very good looking heli that is easy to fly.
Been wondering how to move the servo arm? Do I unscrew the piece with the holes? Im new to flying I dont wanna mess anything up. Luv the f1 tho I juss wanna make it fight wind better
yours truly is offline Find More Posts by yours truly
Old Dec 31, 2013, 04:48 PM
HELICOPTER SWAGG
Joined Dec 2013
458 Posts
Lol nevermind I figured it out. Didn't realize it just pops in and out. This heli went from good to great. I agree with the battery life, I wish it was a bit longer. Other than that great heli for the money easy to fly nice size and pretty fast
Old Jan 08, 2014, 12:34 AM
HELICOPTER SWAGG
Joined Dec 2013
458 Posts
I want to make my f1 4ch. Is it more cost efficient to just get a v912? I rlly dont knw much about installing the servo other than where it mounts and where it plugs in. Id have no idea how to make it work with the controller though. It does have the left/right movement in the throttle stick. Can anyone help?
Old Dec 27, 2014, 02:37 PM
Find More Posts by Tyni88
Joined Dec 2014
1 Posts
Lift off

I just purchased the f1 and can't seem to get it higher than 2 ft off the ground and pulls hard to left no matter how I tweak the flyby trim setting. Has anyone else had this issue is it pilot related or should I suck it up and buy new dual prop heli my other friend has im not getting to into this just wanna lil hobbie that works
Tyni88 is offline Find More Posts by Tyni88
Old Jan 14, 2015, 01:06 AM
Find More Posts by T_Dogg80
Canada, BC, Kelowna
Joined Jan 2015
228 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyni88 View Post
I just purchased the f1 and can't seem to get it higher than 2 ft off the ground and pulls hard to left no matter how I tweak the flyby trim setting. Has anyone else had this issue is it pilot related or should I suck it up and buy new dual prop heli my other friend has im not getting to into this just wanna lil hobbie that works
I think you're battery may not be fully charged. I was reading 8.7V with the multimeter once mine was fully charged. Take a look at that first.
T_Dogg80 is online now Find More Posts by T_Dogg80
Old Jan 20, 2015, 06:58 PM
Find More Posts by clawrence86
Beginner Pilot
United States, NC, Walkertown
Joined Dec 2014
28 Posts
I've been looking at one of these for some time now. Can't decide between it and the F4. I can only find the F4 on Amazon from one seller so it's not that promising in my eyes. I can find the F1 everywhere though, including xheli. I've read a lot of good and bad about this heli, and will probably just end up picking up one for myself to see how it flies. I've spent $30 in worse ways.
clawrence86 is offline Find More Posts by clawrence86
Old Jan 21, 2015, 05:15 AM
Canada, BC, Kelowna
Joined Jan 2015
228 Posts
Don't do it. I've had it for 2 weeks and I'm already waiting on a new tail unit. The motor gear is chewed up. Plus you need it to be 4 channel to be any fun. I'm already looking at hobby grade stuff, but to cut down expense I'm going to get a nice Spektrum DX6i transmitter and Phoenix flight simulator package. There's a lot of cool heli's, planes, and drones in there, and I don't care if I crash. Not to mention the Tx will bind to most BNF aircraft, from what I've learned in the short time in this hobby/sport. There's some cheaper little guys that will do 3D flying like the Blade Nano CPX, or the 120 SR both of which you can find for about $100.

Anyways, I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know that I've flown the F1 about 6 times before it began to sit, taken apart on my desk beside me. Once the parts come in I'm going to put it back together and install the 4 channel mod. I'll see what it's like after. I'll probably just try to sell it and all the parts I've ordered as a package to the first buyer.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 02:41 PM
Find More Posts by clawrence86
Beginner Pilot
United States, NC, Walkertown
Joined Dec 2014
28 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Dogg80 View Post
Don't do it. I've had it for 2 weeks and I'm already waiting on a new tail unit. The motor gear is chewed up. Plus you need it to be 4 channel to be any fun. I'm already looking at hobby grade stuff, but to cut down expense I'm going to get a nice Spektrum DX6i transmitter and Phoenix flight simulator package. There's a lot of cool heli's, planes, and drones in there, and I don't care if I crash. Not to mention the Tx will bind to most BNF aircraft, from what I've learned in the short time in this hobby/sport. There's some cheaper little guys that will do 3D flying like the Blade Nano CPX, or the 120 SR both of which you can find for about $100.

Anyways, I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know that I've flown the F1 about 6 times before it began to sit, taken apart on my desk beside me. Once the parts come in I'm going to put it back together and install the 4 channel mod. I'll see what it's like after. I'll probably just try to sell it and all the parts I've ordered as a package to the first buyer.
Thanks for the heads up. I like my WLToys V911; it's fun enough to fly. Very disappointing though, Syma is usually known for quality from what I see.
clawrence86 is offline Find More Posts by clawrence86
Old Jan 21, 2015, 09:06 PM
Canada, BC, Kelowna
Joined Jan 2015
228 Posts
I went out and picked up the {hoenix Simulator/Spektrum DX6i combo today. I'm already having way more fun flying all of these models and not worrying about crashing! I can get a little 3d heli for about $100, and that seems like a lot more fun to me than the Syma F1. I'm probably going to keep the F1. I won't get my money out of it and it'll still be fun to fly until I buy a hobby grade one.

Anyways, back to the fun of figuring this crazy Tx out!
Old Feb 04, 2015, 07:39 PM
Canada, BC, Kelowna
Joined Jan 2015
228 Posts
Just wanted everyone to know that I got my 3 new tail units in for the F1. I also got the Fiery Dragon canopy and tail pieces to make it look different (I have the Armour stuff). I also installed the 4ch mod and got an extra battery, main motor, and blades.

I took it out for the first spin in weeks. She flies MUCH better with the 4ch mod. This thing sucked without it. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep this or not. Might keep it just for fun, or something for kids to fly.
Old Jul 18, 2015, 03:58 PM
Find More Posts by vpavlenko
Joined Jul 2015
2 Posts
Anyone who have similar equipment - please respond!

I have F1 transmitter - is there any chance to pair ir with Syma X5C quad ?
Is it the same transmitter that is used in F3 ?

Any usage of old F1 transmitter could be interesting ...
vpavlenko is offline Find More Posts by vpavlenko
Old Aug 20, 2015, 09:45 AM
Find More Posts by jlobosco
Joined Jul 2015
5 Posts
Syma F1 Tail Motor

I have seen many posts about the F1 tail motor failing. I have recently purchased one and after 3 weeks, yes the tail motor went just the same as many posts. I have just ordered another motor but will this one burn out just as quick.

Question to F1 owners, do you have to keep replacing tail motors, do you just give up and buy a better heli?

Help is appreciated.
jlobosco is offline Find More Posts by jlobosco