SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Sep 08, 2012, 07:29 PM
Registered User
USA, OR, Hillsboro
Joined Feb 2011
417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialfonzo View Post
Esc placing..?

The ESC I use are about 38mm long and about 8mm thick at the thickest point.
Would be nice to tuck them in between the top and bottom of the arm.
jsflyrv is offline Find More Posts by jsflyrv
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 09, 2012, 12:58 AM
Registered User
USA, OR, Hillsboro
Joined Feb 2011
417 Posts
Someone ask if the props showed on a Dialfonzo frame modified for DJI 450 arms. Here is a short video showing they do not on mine using a GoPro camera and 9x4.7 props
Sorry I spelled Dialfonzo wrong in the video, sorry Eric.

Test props in view video (1 min 18 sec)
jsflyrv is offline Find More Posts by jsflyrv
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 09, 2012, 01:25 AM
kad
Quad Crasher
kad's Avatar
United States, NY, Poughkeepsie
Joined May 2012
675 Posts
Sorry if this has been asked already and I missed it, but have you considered doing this as a hexa spider? Possibly using the shorter 330 arms for the front arms?

-K
kad is offline Find More Posts by kad
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 09, 2012, 01:32 AM
kad
Quad Crasher
kad's Avatar
United States, NY, Poughkeepsie
Joined May 2012
675 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsflyrv View Post
Someone ask if the props showed on a Dialfonzo frame modified for DJI 450 arms. Here is a short video showing they do not on mine using a GoPro camera and 9x4.7 props
Nice! Very stable. What's the FC in use?

Also, why do you say "Modified for the DJI 450 arms"? I was under the impression this frame was made to use those arms?

-K
kad is offline Find More Posts by kad
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 09, 2012, 01:36 AM
Registered User
USA, OR, Hillsboro
Joined Feb 2011
417 Posts
You are correct the frame is made for DJI arms poor choice of words. I use a Quadrino FC version 1E

Quote:
Originally Posted by kad View Post
Nice! Very stable. What's the FC in use?

Also, why do you say "Modified for the DJI 450 arms"? I was under the impression this frame was made to use those arms?

-K
jsflyrv is offline Find More Posts by jsflyrv
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 09, 2012, 02:28 AM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2010
829 Posts
Dji spyder upgrade gopro test (0 min 14 sec)


KFM
drumbum961 is online now Find More Posts by drumbum961
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 09, 2012, 03:35 AM
Registered User
France, PACA, Aix-en-Provence
Joined Jul 2011
124 Posts
Hi guys,

I saw on previous posts that you changed the DJI arms by some other ones.

I am so bad with autocad, or any mechanical design tools, it is just an idea, tell me if it is crappy.

Why not just a delrin (or any other good material I don't know) adapter that would fit the DJI holes on any DJI, Dialfonzo, TBS Discovery frame and then will allow us to use square aluminium tubes or carbon ones for the arms?

This just to save weight.

Cheers.
pietronet is offline Find More Posts by pietronet
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 09, 2012, 09:18 AM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Dialfonzo's Avatar
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,864 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pietronet View Post
Hi guys,

I saw on previous posts that you changed the DJI arms by some other ones.

I am so bad with autocad, or any mechanical design tools, it is just an idea, tell me if it is crappy.

Why not just a delrin (or any other good material I don't know) adapter that would fit the DJI holes on any DJI, Dialfonzo, TBS Discovery frame and then will allow us to use square aluminium tubes or carbon ones for the arms?

This just to save weight.

Cheers.
It can be done.
The biggest problem is the fact that the bottom and top holes are not in line.
Making the needed part a bit odd..
Dialfonzo is online now Find More Posts by Dialfonzo
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 09, 2012, 09:23 AM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Dialfonzo's Avatar
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,864 Posts
For the prop in the field of view.
I have try 3 different resolution on the gopro and they don't give you the same result.
In 1080p on mine i don't see the prop but in 720p yes.
Dialfonzo is online now Find More Posts by Dialfonzo
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 09, 2012, 09:24 AM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Dialfonzo's Avatar
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,864 Posts
Size of your ESC in the arm..
I move the reinforcement a bit forward to give it more space.

What are you thinking for standoff.. 0.5" - 0.75" - 1"...?
Dialfonzo is online now Find More Posts by Dialfonzo
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 09, 2012, 10:00 AM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Dialfonzo's Avatar
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,864 Posts
Tube like that...?
Dialfonzo is online now Find More Posts by Dialfonzo
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 09, 2012, 10:10 AM
Registered User
France, PACA, Aix-en-Provence
Joined Jul 2011
124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialfonzo View Post
It can be done.
The biggest problem is the fact that the bottom and top holes are not in line.
Making the needed part a bit odd..
Ok I understand but if it is possible it would be awesome!!!
pietronet is offline Find More Posts by pietronet
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 09, 2012, 10:14 AM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Dialfonzo's Avatar
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,864 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pietronet View Post
Ok I understand but if it is possible it would be awesome!!!
Look one post above..
Dialfonzo is online now Find More Posts by Dialfonzo
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 09, 2012, 10:35 AM
Registered User
France, PACA, Aix-en-Provence
Joined Jul 2011
124 Posts
ooops missed it!
pietronet is offline Find More Posts by pietronet
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 09, 2012, 10:54 AM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Dialfonzo's Avatar
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,864 Posts
With caged motor mount...
Dialfonzo is online now Find More Posts by Dialfonzo
RCG Plus Member
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion DiaLFonZo-Copter Crazy2Fly Quadcopter 340mm Dialfonzo Multirotor Talk 85 Nov 25, 2014 04:06 PM
New Product DiaLFonZo-Copter Boom Block Dialfonzo Multirotor Talk 88 Mar 21, 2014 06:34 AM
Build Log Unrealistic's HEXorcism 600 - Luis & DiaLFonZo-Copter unrealistic Multirotor Talk 47 Oct 23, 2012 05:09 AM
New Product DiaLFonZo-Copter - MicroTrinity Quad Dialfonzo Multirotor Talk 6 Jul 09, 2012 09:26 PM