HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 26, 2012, 02:06 PM
United States, TX, Longview
Joined Oct 2009
28 Posts
Discussion
hand launch dynam 1200mm spitfire?

does anyone know if the dynam 1200mm spitfire can be handlaunched. I have lots of trouble getting this off the ground from grass field with nose overs and stalls and crashed it couple of times on take off, once up in the air it flies great
thanks
RajSharma is online now Find More Posts by RajSharma
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 27, 2012, 06:53 AM
Just throw it up!
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jul 2011
1,451 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RajSharma View Post
does anyone know if the dynam 1200mm spitfire can be handlaunched. I have lots of trouble getting this off the ground from grass field with nose overs and stalls and crashed it couple of times on take off, once up in the air it flies great
thanks
If you can get someone to hand launch it for you, then that would be best. I get my old man to hand launch my dynam Texan and it is fine, so I could not see why the spitfire would not be the same.

In terms of nose overs, it is important that you put some more forward rake on the landing gear to stop the nose overs.
Merlin Power is offline Find More Posts by Merlin Power
Old Mar 27, 2012, 01:46 PM
United States, TX, Longview
Joined Oct 2009
28 Posts
thanks will try to put some forward rake then

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin Power View Post
If you can get someone to hand launch it for you, then that would be best. I get my old man to hand launch my dynam Texan and it is fine, so I could not see why the spitfire would not be the same.

In terms of nose overs, it is important that you put some more forward rake on the landing gear to stop the nose overs.
RajSharma is online now Find More Posts by RajSharma
Old Mar 27, 2012, 02:37 PM
Prescott, Arizona
Joined Feb 2010
6,763 Posts
It should hand launch just fine.
TripleW is online now Find More Posts by TripleW
Old Mar 28, 2012, 05:01 AM
Just throw it up!
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jul 2011
1,451 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RajSharma View Post
thanks will try to put some forward rake then
7mm is perfect as with this rake the wheels still fit in the wheel wells.
Merlin Power is offline Find More Posts by Merlin Power