HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 09, 2012, 04:56 PM
Vista, CA
Joined Feb 2008
1,325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawelsky View Post
Will you be somehow distributing the populated boards?
Yes, for now I have to handsolder them, should get some paste screens by the end of this week and if that works out there is no reason why not.
miru is online now Find More Posts by miru
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 09, 2012, 05:04 PM
Makers gonna make...
Polska
Joined Jan 2012
1,746 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by miru View Post
Yes, for now I have to handsolder them, should get some paste screens by the end of this week and if that works out there is no reason why not.
Wonder if that would solve the intermittent connection problems people report.
pawelsky is online now Find More Posts by pawelsky
Old Dec 10, 2012, 05:23 PM
United Kingdom, Wales, Barry
Joined Mar 2012
303 Posts
"Too much angle emergency" firmware upgrade

Quote:
FYI While going through the release notes for latest Drone firmwares I've found an interesting improvement

That is definitely a good move as this should prevent Drones falling out of the sky when flipped over by wind while still being high enough to recover.
This is really great news!

Has anyone upgraded yet....and been crazy enough to test Parrots claims?
tonyh0905 is online now Find More Posts by tonyh0905
Old Dec 10, 2012, 08:48 PM
XR-4Drone.com
Joined May 2011
356 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhumba99 View Post
Yes I bought from this seller in ebay with preloaded sketch: http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-53...757633299%2526 Im trying contact with seller, but no answer what can I do now?
Thanks!
The seller, which happens to be me, was on holidays and just got back tonight. That is why I couldn't answer you. Even though I did email you from when I was at sea to tell you that I would contact you as soon as I got back.
I think my ebay feedback speaks for itself.

I test all my kits before I ship them out and this one was working great. Don't know what could've happened. Send it back to exchange or refund. I have no problem with that.

Cheers.
dante1 is online now Find More Posts by dante1
Last edited by dante1; Dec 11, 2012 at 07:49 AM.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 07:54 AM
Joined Nov 2012
204 Posts
Hi guys, me again.

Quick question as im going to be attempting a GPS add on, namel using the MediaTek MT3329 module.

Im a bit stuck about when it comes to configuring it, setting the baud rate etc. I have all the commands to use, but what do I run the commands in on the pc? also do i configure it when its plugged into the arduino, then them both plugged into usb on pc?
SJW2511 is offline Find More Posts by SJW2511
Old Dec 11, 2012, 08:39 AM
Joined Nov 2012
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyh0905 View Post
This is really great news!

Has anyone upgraded yet....and been crazy enough to test Parrots claims?
I upgraded but have not fully put it to the test... Still I will say this: When I first started using Murimod I also used flight mode 1 (with down camera stabilization) and prior firmware that included the too much angle emergency routine. In that scenario I crashed on almost every flight (without any collision). Now with both new firmware and using FM2, I find it almost impossible to crash unless I actually do run the drone into something.

However I am getting a sharp yaw, usually to right, upon deceleration in the forward direction. It seems to be more stable if going sideways or backwards and seems to be occurring mostly only in moderate wind (7+ mph maybe). I am still tweaking the config in Murimod and plan to test No_shell parameter being with the only difference in configs as soon as conditions are right.

Update at 1420 hours.. did some back and forth in some wind and I did not notice any difference with no_shell parm set to either 1 or 0. (Not enough testing to be sure though)... seems to be a problem only when going into the wind and I suspect that is all it is, the drone just cant handle the wind I have been flying in.
I had one time at 75 feet or so where it went 45-60 degrees to one side while yawing but it recovered. A second time it flipped more than that at lower height and crashed feet first (might have recovered if it was higher).
Gordon2 is offline Find More Posts by Gordon2
Last edited by Gordon2; Dec 11, 2012 at 02:25 PM.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 10:28 AM
Vista, CA
Joined Feb 2008
1,325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJW2511 View Post
Hi guys, me again.

Quick question as im going to be attempting a GPS add on, namel using the MediaTek MT3329 module.

Im a bit stuck about when it comes to configuring it, setting the baud rate etc. I have all the commands to use, but what do I run the commands in on the pc? also do i configure it when its plugged into the arduino, then them both plugged into usb on pc?
Assuming your GPS unit 'speaks' NMEA you don't need to configure it unless it's default baudrate is over 57600, in which case you should configure it for something lower.
Hook up your GPS to the mod and run SETUP mode, anything you type on the keyboard will be properly framed and sent to the GPS once you hit 'return'.
miru is online now Find More Posts by miru
Old Dec 11, 2012, 10:29 AM
Joined Nov 2012
204 Posts
so just hyperterminal then?

but you think it should be ready to go out the box anyway?
SJW2511 is offline Find More Posts by SJW2511
Old Dec 11, 2012, 11:24 AM
XR-4Drone.com
Joined May 2011
356 Posts
Hey Miru, do you by any chance have the proper bootloader for the Arduino Nano? I checked a couple of my arduino nano and they have a CC lock bit and from another supply lockbit is CF. I contacted my supplier and he said that there was nothing wrong with the lockbit.

Thanks
dante1 is online now Find More Posts by dante1
Old Dec 11, 2012, 05:46 PM
United Kingdom, Wales, Barry
Joined Mar 2012
303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon2 View Post
I had one time at 75 feet or so where it went 45-60 degrees to one side while yawing but it recovered. A second time it flipped more than that at lower height and crashed feet first (might have recovered if it was higher).
Thanks for the info...When the drone flipped the second time, did you notice if the motors were still running when it hit the ground?

I flipped from about 15ft the othe day, and the motors quit the second it reached 90 degrees to the horizontal....it fell the last 12ft in silence
tonyh0905 is online now Find More Posts by tonyh0905
Old Dec 11, 2012, 07:59 PM
Joined Nov 2012
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyh0905 View Post
Thanks for the info...When the drone flipped the second time, did you notice if the motors were still running when it hit the ground?

I flipped from about 15ft the othe day, and the motors quit the second it reached 90 degrees to the horizontal....it fell the last 12ft in silence
Can't say... it happened too fast and I decided to not use video on this run. However it did land feet first (two of the four light duty wire tie landing gear add-ons broke) and the motors were stopped as soon as I could focus my eyes on it (about 100 feet away). Maybe if I can find a field with nice tall grass or a acre of foam rubber ; ) I will test it some more.
HOWEVER I did the following test which I found interesting...
While holding the drone with a firm grip from underneath, I started it up. (BTW This was exciting in the way I don't need ; ) I then tilted is 90 degrees to either side and much like the Energizer Bunny (tm) it kept on going. HOWEVER when I tilted it 90 degrees BACKWARDS it cut off twice in a row.
Gordon2 is offline Find More Posts by Gordon2
Old Dec 12, 2012, 09:55 AM
The Netherlands, NH, Bussum
Joined Feb 2012
207 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by miru View Post
It took a couple of iterations but now it works perfekt. It can be populated for Drone 1 or Drone 2. The cost is about $3.50, the connector is the most expensive part ($1.50 for D2, $1.30 for D1).
Interesting but I feel like I missed something, what does this offer over the sparkfun logic level converter or is it because those are unstable?
RHTizzy is offline Find More Posts by RHTizzy
Old Dec 12, 2012, 03:56 PM
Makers gonna make...
Polska
Joined Jan 2012
1,746 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RHTizzy View Post
Interesting but I feel like I missed something, what does this offer over the sparkfun logic level converter or is it because those are unstable?
Miru will surely be able to give more pros for this shifter, but I can see at least 4
1) proper reference voltage for the IO levels coming from the regulator (either 1.8V or 3.3V) which I guess shall make it more stable
2) drone plug can be soldered directly to it, so it can serve as plug. This also limits the chances of getting wires wrong.
3) if you prefer keep it on Arduino's side - it fits nicely the GND/VIN/TX/RX pins. Again, less chances to have wiring wrong.
4) the diode is built in.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 04:07 PM
Makers gonna make...
Polska
Joined Jan 2012
1,746 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fioulmaster View Post
Thanks a lot.
Have You got the model with compass ( i've saw your link to EBay in a previous post)?
If yes, i think to buy this model for a "future" revision if Miru find a solution for RTH with D1.
Received my BMP/HMC combo. It seems to work out of the box, BMP readings seem correct, I'm also getting the HMC reading, but I must study more to understand if they are correct. The interesting thing is that it is actually smaller than the BMP only board
Old Dec 12, 2012, 04:19 PM
France, PCh, Poitiers
Joined Oct 2011
82 Posts
Quote:
Received my BMP/HMC combo. It seems to work out of the box, BMP readings seem correct, I'm also getting the HMC reading, but I must study more to understand if they are correct. The interesting thing is that it is actually smaller than the BMP only board
Cool!
Did you tested in flight?
Nothing to configure the module?
Is it possible that you do a mini-tutorial for this module?

I wait your full return to click "BUY".

MIRU?! Do you think it will be possible to use this module on a D1 in the near future with the GPS?
Fioulmaster is offline Find More Posts by Fioulmaster