HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 14, 2014, 08:44 AM
Joined May 2014
207 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake8131 View Post
NQX quadcopter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TOTALLY... Already got one.. LOVE it...

My plan is to have one small/indoor quad and heli, then a big/outdodor heli and quad.

end game.. a nano CP X and a 130.. or similar.. (200 SR ???)
and
Nano QX and 200 QX

two things to fly inside, two thing to fly outside.. that

msr is just a steping stone to get me to CP...

informix is offline Find More Posts by informix
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 27, 2014, 11:05 AM
Y=C+I+G
United States, CA, Rosemead
Joined Jan 2012
9,032 Posts
had my aileron+elevator servos stop working on a flight yesterday. after some fiddling i figured out the lipo was pressing against their gears. made a tiny tape harness to prevent it from sliding in all the way.

very strange. in the past i have pushed my lipos all the way in and they haven't pressed against the servo gears (well, to be honest i really didn't check if they were pressing in the past, but the servos worked fine). i don't do back-to-back flights so it couldn't be frame warping from heat. rarely crash it too.
cmdl is offline Find More Posts by cmdl
Old Oct 27, 2014, 05:28 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdl View Post
had my aileron+elevator servos stop working on a flight yesterday. after some fiddling i figured out the lipo was pressing against their gears. made a tiny tape harness to prevent it from sliding in all the way.

very strange. in the past i have pushed my lipos all the way in and they haven't pressed against the servo gears (well, to be honest i really didn't check if they were pressing in the past, but the servos worked fine). i don't do back-to-back flights so it couldn't be frame warping from heat. rarely crash it too.
I have the aluminum frame. The design is such, it keeps the front of the skids down and away from the servo gears when the battery is placed in the holder. Best investment I ever made for my MCX.

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Oct 27, 2014, 05:50 PM
Y=C+I+G
Joined Jan 2012
9,032 Posts
i see. thanks. will consider that if other problems crop-up.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 08:34 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,893 Posts
I remember when this thread was really hopping. I was just getting into this hobby and the mCX2 was the coolest bird I owned. Good times.
RoboHeli is online now Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 27, 2014, 08:44 PM
Y=C+I+G
Joined Jan 2012
9,032 Posts
must be an indication of its quality. of my fleet (including planes), i fly this one the most. so i guess we're too busy flying and really don't have much to complain about.

i hope i don't jinx it but i have to say - very robust and requiring the least attention and maintenance of any aircraft i have ever owned. and very easygoing. unlike my nano, which is killing my lipo collection.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 12:19 AM
Scout CX | mCX2 | mSR | 120SR
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
7,564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboHeli View Post
I remember when this thread was really hopping. I was just getting into this hobby and the mCX2 was the coolest bird I owned. Good times.
same

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdl View Post
must be an indication of its quality. of my fleet (including planes), i fly this one the most. so i guess we're too busy flying and really don't have much to complain about.

i hope i don't jinx it but i have to say - very robust and requiring the least attention and maintenance of any aircraft i have ever owned. and very easygoing. unlike my nano, which is killing my lipo collection.
Which is why I've mentioned, more than once, that, if I sold off my heli fleet, this would be the one I'd keep.
North_of_49 is online now Find More Posts by North_of_49
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: DX9 HobbyZone Champ RUD>AIL Mix
Old Nov 29, 2014, 01:37 PM
Y=C+I+G
Joined Jan 2012
9,032 Posts
8yr old niece just solo-ed after 5 training flights. she has no prior flight or sim experience. very proud.
Old Dec 05, 2014, 11:31 PM
Y=C+I+G
Joined Jan 2012
9,032 Posts
oh no!

not sure why i didn't try it before. lay in bed during the mcx2 flights. most hedonistic practice ever. so enjoyable and lazy.

the downside is, i'm not sure if i will ever be able to have as much fun flying my other aircraft any more.
Old Dec 06, 2014, 05:06 PM
I am GBLynden
United States, WA, Lynden
Joined Mar 2011
3,235 Posts
I must try this...............I may try to get video of it too.
GBLynden is offline Find More Posts by GBLynden