Mar 13, 2010, 09:06 PM
Just do it.
Thread OP
Discussion

Parkzone Trojan T28 PnP

I bought a red trojan t28 today, and I have a Spektrum AR6610e for in it. It looks awful small in this plane, but it should work right?

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...dID=SPMAR6110E
to remove ads between posts
Mar 13, 2010, 09:12 PM
RC Adddict
should work fine i saw this under reviews on horizon site

QUOTE:
I've used this receiver in a competition wing to a 105 mph pylon racer. Dont worry about the "Park Flyer" in terms of range or connection. I've had mine out as far as i could just about see it and it's connection was strong as ever. people on forums have tested them out as far as 2.5 miles with no glitches. For the Price you can't beat this receiver.

as long as you dont try and use it with a DX6 your good to go

Chris
Mar 13, 2010, 09:16 PM
Just do it.
Thread OP
nice... thanks for the help
Mar 14, 2010, 11:41 AM
Just do it.
Thread OP
Do you guys notice that your motor shaft comes out pretty downward slanting? Also, when looking from the front, it comes out more to the right of the opening in the cowl, and slants left (looking right from the back of the plane). I know it's supposed to be like that some, but it seems pretty extreme here.
Mar 14, 2010, 01:18 PM
Gasbags & Gussets

All is correct as you see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UponorX
Do you guys notice that your motor shaft comes out pretty downward slanting? Also, when looking from the front, it comes out more to the right of the opening in the cowl, and slants left (looking right from the back of the plane). I know it's supposed to be like that some, but it seems pretty extreme here.
its all correct.

my 2 cents:
The right thrust is to help counteract the torque of the motor which is trying to turn the model to the *left* under power.

downthrust again counteracts the desire of the model 'balloon' upward under power or to point more upward than needed.

If the motor mount/engine were straight and level the the model, on its own during powered flight, would be trying to turn to the left and the nose would be pointing higher and higher as more power was applied.

Right thrust and down thrust allow you to use a Neutral (i.e. flat)aileron/rudder and elevator setting under normal power flight.

best wishes on you new plane, make sure to get some flying club instructor to help out before the first flight. I love my eflight t28

john s.
Mar 14, 2010, 01:46 PM
Just do it.
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswain
its all correct.

my 2 cents:
The right thrust is to help counteract the torque of the motor which is trying to turn the model to the *left* under power.

downthrust again counteracts the desire of the model 'balloon' upward under power or to point more upward than needed.

If the motor mount/engine were straight and level the the model, on its own during powered flight, would be trying to turn to the left and the nose would be pointing higher and higher as more power was applied.

Right thrust and down thrust allow you to use a Neutral (i.e. flat)aileron/rudder and elevator setting under normal power flight.

best wishes on you new plane, make sure to get some flying club instructor to help out before the first flight. I love my eflight t28

john s.
do you think I need an instructor? I fly my BF-109G without one, I only have my instructor help with my nitro because it's more dangerous if a landing goes bad. He rarely takes over, I take off, fly, and land.
Mar 14, 2010, 02:09 PM
Gasbags & Gussets

Sorry, my error..

Quote:
Originally Posted by UponorX
do you think I need an instructor? I fly my BF-109G without one, I only have my instructor help with my nitro because it's more dangerous if a landing goes bad. He rarely takes over, I take off, fly, and land.
Absolutely not.

Please accept my apologies, i guessed this was a first plane that was why i made the suggestion.

have fun, john s.
Mar 14, 2010, 03:24 PM
Just do it.
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswain
Absolutely not.

Please accept my apologies, i guessed this was a first plane that was why i made the suggestion.

have fun, john s.
no its ok, I was just asking. sorry if I sounded mad, I was just curious.
Good luck, happy flying.
Mar 14, 2010, 05:09 PM
The T28 is easy to fly.
Probably easier than the 109.
No worries.
Mar 15, 2010, 04:15 PM
Just do it.
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix426
The T28 is easy to fly.
Probably easier than the 109.
No worries.
Thank you... anything I should know about before maiden? Any tips?
Mar 15, 2010, 09:45 PM
Look Up!
You should have no problem with this plane. If its calm you never touch the rudder. Lands very nice too. I come in at a nice downward slope and lightly flare up just before getting to the ground. like 6feet or less. Thats just what i do. Everybody has different ways of coarse. I fly mine like its stolen and love it.
Mar 17, 2010, 02:24 PM
Just do it.
Thread OP
I went out to maiden it yesterday, and decided to fly my 109 first. Now going back a week or so, I was messing with my radio and I ended up having the flap switch make the elevator pull back, just to see if it could be done. When I took off, I didn't realize I never undid that, and the switch was in the position to pull back on the elevator. It took off, pulled two big loops before I realized what I did, and then smashed into the ground.

Now, I don't know about the trojan, but with the 109, the motor will break before the motor mount. Both times that I crashed now, the motor mount has survived but the motor broke. This time it snapped in half almost.

I was too scared to maiden it. I guess I want an experienced flier there when I maiden. Although, I'm 90% sure that an experienced flier couldn't have fixed my screw up with the 109. I'm still kicking myself.
Mar 17, 2010, 05:56 PM
Everyone's got a plan...
Trojan has a plastic mount. It'll break first.... Trust me, I speak from experience. 109s mount is aluminum. The T28 is an awesome plane. It was my first, and I learned to fly on it (by myself with friends laughing). Since I bought the 109, I haven't even considered taking the T-28 out... Especially with the Scorpion motor in the 109. The 109 is just too sweet. Sometimes I miss the T-28, but when the wind dies down, I can only fit one in my trunk.
Mar 17, 2010, 06:50 PM
Just do it.
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallujah03
Trojan has a plastic mount. It'll break first.... Trust me, I speak from experience. 109s mount is aluminum. The T28 is an awesome plane. It was my first, and I learned to fly on it (by myself with friends laughing). Since I bought the 109, I haven't even considered taking the T-28 out... Especially with the Scorpion motor in the 109. The 109 is just too sweet. Sometimes I miss the T-28, but when the wind dies down, I can only fit one in my trunk.
I really wish the 109 had a plastic one too. Maybe i'll figure something out...

Would you recommend that I fly this plane? I could fly the 109 pretty well... except for landings. I also have a Hangar 9 Alpha 40, which I haven't soloed because I want to practice landings - and if something went wrong with this plane, damage would be done. I have took off, flew, and landed it without my instructor taking over several times. It also has the trike landing gear like the t28
Last edited by FlyFisch; Mar 17, 2010 at 07:07 PM.
Mar 17, 2010, 07:06 PM
Everyone's got a plan...
No you don't... Wait til you get the Scorp in there. The stock 109 motor would have died anyway. You're just skipping ahead a few chapters.
(I pulled mine out after 5 flawless flights. It had three cracks in it running from the shaft all the way out. I order the Scorp motor when i got the plane, but it took 3 weeks to get it, thus the 5 flights)

Quick Reply