HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 10, 2008, 01:37 PM
Joined Jul 2008
1,817 Posts
Question
is it Possible to Find a Hatch Cover for a MRP Fountain?

What are the odds on finding a hatch cover for an MRP fountain V hull, as mine is at the bottom of a pond on a golf course and I would kind of like to resurrect her with a hatch. I will make one if I have to but figured I would try a shot in the dark to see if anything may be available out there. I have no problems paying for it or trading? Just want to see if its possibly available somewhere.
Kcal is offline Find More Posts by Kcal
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 10, 2008, 03:40 PM
Joined Sep 2008
55 Posts
MRP hatches

I had the same problem (my hatch is at the bottom of Nacimento Lake) tried to get ahold of MRP, the're not around any more. had to fab a new one from scratch. good luck, if you find a source for NOS MRP parts, please post.
blownjet is offline Find More Posts by blownjet
Old Dec 11, 2008, 08:50 AM
Joined Jul 2008
1,817 Posts
Yeah the closure devices could have used some work evidently; I actually got mine in pieces and unglued from MRP directly this left me the ability to install twin surface drives. Its such a nice size and elegant shape every time I see it I want to see it flying on the water again, would it be possible for you to post some pictures of what you created hatch-wise food for thought if you will. If I am able to come up with anything as far as NOS I will let you know.
Old Dec 11, 2008, 01:22 PM
Joined Sep 2008
55 Posts
MRP parts

My boat isn't the same model as yours, I have the MRP Outrageous flatbottom dragboat. it consisted of a hatch/cover w/ a pair of bucket seats, and a blown/injected B.B.Chevy with zoomies! I built a new hatch out of a clear lexan licence plate cover(for the base) then made a plug of a dragboat capsule and made a thinwall fiberglass molding , trimmed and attached it to the cut down plate cover etc..... ordered 1/10th scale blown hemi engine to mount behind capsule, and finished off behind that with balsa/ fuel tank, etc.. not quite finished with it yet, but will post pics when completed. it's looking pretty good, but I dont want to show till it's done(to avoid all the sceptics)
blownjet is offline Find More Posts by blownjet
Old Dec 22, 2008, 10:28 AM
Joined Jul 2008
1,817 Posts
I find folks here are basically encouraging but I understand, thanks for the info on your hatch and as I get mine going I will post some pictures. If I am able to find any NOS MRP parts I will let you know.
Old Mar 31, 2009, 03:12 PM
Joined Jul 2008
1,817 Posts
Well it has been a while and I have yet to hash together a new hatch so I figured I would check and see if anyone had any additional information on NOS MRP parts.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 04:51 PM
Joined Jul 2008
1,817 Posts
So as you can see it has been a while with no luck and since the lord helps those who help themselves here are some pictures of what I am up to and where I am at.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 03:51 AM
United States, LA, Houma
Joined Jun 2008
1,322 Posts
building from styrene is the way to go,them vac u form it.....lol.
not too difficult,styrene is easy to work with.
igotit is offline Find More Posts by igotit
Old Oct 16, 2012, 06:43 PM
Joined Jul 2008
1,817 Posts
I have never tried to vac-u-form anything but I certainly would if I needed more then one or two. Have you made parts on that scale?
Old Oct 16, 2012, 07:18 PM
United States, LA, Houma
Joined Jun 2008
1,322 Posts
i used to build rc truck bodies from styrene....dont anymore though,cant find the time.
styrene is fairly easy to work with.

http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=47672

http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=47437
Old Oct 22, 2012, 07:40 PM
Joined Jul 2008
1,817 Posts
Wow nice work on the body! Have you completed it yet?
Old Oct 23, 2012, 12:19 AM
United States, LA, Houma
Joined Jun 2008
1,322 Posts
Never finished either one of them,i gave the carry to a good friend,and the dodge body is collecting dust without a chassis.
Old Nov 07, 2012, 08:50 PM
Joined Jul 2008
1,817 Posts
So the answer is no it is not but here is where I am at.
Old Nov 09, 2012, 12:57 AM
United States, LA, Houma
Joined Jun 2008
1,322 Posts
That really aint bad