Old Jul 17, 2014, 11:11 AM
Taranis Tyro...
United Kingdom, England, Hitchin
Joined Jan 2004
3,534 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timbuck View Post
What a goof ball

Just sat down for some lunch , checked my emails. I got an email from some crazy slopers in CA saying they got there 4 new toys and are like kids in a candy shop.

BUT... On inspection they pulled 4 planes out and only 3 tails ????? Missing a metallic purple one .....MY bad...

Talk about laugh out loud . I nearly spat my cup of tea out. Ha ha. I'm guessing in the frenzy of packing them the same morning I went away I must have left the that one out . They are separately wrapped in bubble wrap , so I'm only guessing it got caught up in the leftover wrapping that I binned. so anyone looking for a nice purple tail , it's in Gold Coast land fill now
Talk about giving a guy the keys to a Ferrari and on inspection it has no tyres on it.

Sorry guys , new tail in the mail ha ha
Shouldda just told him he had the new and exclusive Nurflugel version...
MattyB is online now Find More Posts by MattyB
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My OpenTX Taranis templates...
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 17, 2014, 11:29 AM
United States, CA, Goleta
Joined Apr 2010
403 Posts
Here's the candy pics, thank you Tim!!!
I tried my best to get the floro yellow to show up, it just looks amazing in the sunlight.
Redfarren is offline Find More Posts by Redfarren
Old Jul 17, 2014, 12:36 PM
USA, CA, Santa Barbara
Joined Feb 2003
1,127 Posts
Hard to tell from photos - but the purple is metallic and so are the dark grey swoops on the bottom of the other...

Quote:
Tim, I'm thinking of a build capable of 300mph+ . Are you game?
Sounds like a rhetorical question to me!
macinr is offline Find More Posts by macinr
Old Jul 17, 2014, 02:00 PM
ETS....Energy retention system
gold coast australia
Joined Aug 2008
5,231 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000MPH View Post
Those look great. I'm jealous.
Is an order of 3 the best way to go for shipping to the US?
Tim, I'm thinking of a build capable of 300mph+ . Are you game?
2 , 3 , 4 are all around the same money $72.60au was there shipment

I'm doing a longer tail for fast DS which I have almost finished the plug I just thing it will benefit a little more stability so it can go trough the rough stuff easier.
We are hovering around 200mph and get tossed out of the grove as you hit bumps. Such a small plane goes in and out of the holes instead of going through them.
We never designed it for DS ! BUT it does it so well and it so much fun it's impossible not to ha ha , well for us Ds junkies anyway.
I 100% positive it would do 250mph easy in some good average weldon air , nice smooth stuff. On a massive day 300 aerodynamically would be possible , BUT flying one at that speed is another thing
I've already got them built for 300 capable so that's easy if you want it
timbuck is online now Find More Posts by timbuck
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Gizmo 36 pics
Old Jul 18, 2014, 09:20 AM
Airplane Killer
Orange County, CA
Joined Oct 2009
1,704 Posts
I'm glad to see some made it to California.
Still waiting for mine though...
Dave
SumthinsFishy is offline Find More Posts by SumthinsFishy
Old Jul 18, 2014, 10:26 AM
Objects in mirror are losing
USA, NV, Reno
Joined May 2003
3,558 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timbuck View Post
I've already got them built for 300 capable so that's easy if you want it
That's what I wanted to hear.
I will see if any of the Weldon folks are interested in a group buy.

I intend to get Bruce to wring one out and with him I need to plan for at least 100mph faster than my best estimate.
1000MPH is offline Find More Posts by 1000MPH
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 18, 2014, 01:48 PM
gold coast australia
Joined Aug 2008
5,231 Posts
Sounds like a plan stu
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 06:32 AM
Mr Windburner
Australia, QLD, Mudgeeraba
Joined Apr 2009
703 Posts
This Gizmo will not die. It was the second prototype out of the tooling board molds which was uesed to make the plugs for the Gizmo.
It has been crashed on to roads through fences trees had mid airs and has been put in many times DS' ing . It has had three sets of servos (thay can't take the punishment of my flying) and two tales.
The last time DS'ing it went in over 100mph and finley broke the tip of the wing, the wings have been cracked for some time I keep filling them up with CA when thay open up but this time the wing opened right up it was a esey fix.
Kev
Kevin Bennett is online now Find More Posts by Kevin Bennett
Old Yesterday, 01:22 PM
DS Addict
Christchurch, New Zealand
Joined Jul 2005
5,002 Posts
I like the font and deisgn of the writing, suits it perfect! Can't wait to get one, one day
ALEX HEWSON is online now Find More Posts by ALEX HEWSON
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 04:03 PM
USA, CA, Santa Barbara
Joined Feb 2003
1,127 Posts
It's good to know these are resilient to the elements...

Funny you should post Kevin - I just copied the Windburner horns for my Gizmo last night (well james did all the cutting, I just traced). Tim supplied carbon horns but I was worried about how close-in I could get my servo arms - and I've too-often ended up with elevator rates at like 20% for max throw. So I'm using as much mechanical advantage as I can here. I drilled two holes in the horns in-case I want to go crazy.

I promised myself I wouldn't use my "just slap it together" approach this time. Happy with the results so far.
macinr is offline Find More Posts by macinr
Old Yesterday, 08:26 PM
gold coast australia
Joined Aug 2008
5,231 Posts
Great bit of history there kev. You have certainly tested it beyond what I thought was possible. And concidering they are a lot stronger now

Looks great Randall. Ready for a fly this weekend
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 02:05 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Feb 2002
970 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotozuk View Post
I see people are running the larger 10mm servos in the Gizmo. For a front sider, I would be fine with the 8mm KST245H, right? Specs out at 2kg (27 oz in) of torque. Would save some weight on the build.
Does anyone have any feedback on the 8mm thick KST 245's in gizlites ? I like their low weight, but thinking they wouldn't survive regular DS'ing...
Geoff_S is online now Find More Posts by Geoff_S
Old Today, 02:31 AM
gold coast australia
Joined Aug 2008
5,231 Posts
I haven't used those yet , but I'm sure they will be great. I'm running HS65mg in mine as I had a lot of them laying around and I haven't stripped one yet even with my fast DS arrivals

I can vouch for the DS113 in a gizlite as Paul run them in his. Super strong and crazy fast. He also runs the Ds115 in his gizmo.

http://www.alofthobbies.com/radio-ge...st-servos.html
RCG Plus Member