SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 09, 2011, 04:40 PM
Find More Posts by manneeb
Joined Sep 2011
5 Posts
Discussion
syma s032g problem

Hi all, new to this. I just started flying helicopters with my son. Got us a little Syma for him and an S032G for myself. But been having the following problems: when flying, lift, forward, back all works great. But rotating is very weird to say the least. Counterclockwise looks okay but clockwise it doesn't rotate at all, very small or just drops dead from the sky. Then picking up again when almost down or after hitting the floor. Gets worse when flighttime increases. Changed the battery already. Have a hunch it is gyro related but don't get why it stops completely and picks up again. Anybody has any experience with this or better yet a solution? Btw I'm Dutch, pls forgive my use of language.
Happy trails to all and even longer flights

Oh,
Been like that from day 1, but only have for a few days now. Forgot to mention that in flight (especially when hoovering) it starts rotating out of the blue. Rate and gain settings I don't know how to or if you even can do it on the Syma S032G. Came with very poor instructions. It's like it gets another signal or is temporarily cut off from the transmitter. Lol, in time I will get me a decent one, need to learn to fly first.
manneeb is offline Find More Posts by manneeb
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 11, 2011, 06:50 AM
Find More Posts by SubtleT
Vroooom putta putta putta
Joined Feb 2011
1,092 Posts
These are really problematic helis, and I believe the concensus is early motor failure. In your case this is happening quite early and to one motor before the other. Usually you get 30 to 40 good flights before it becomes a display model. "Drops from the sky" gets worse and worse quickly to the point that they drop as soon as you try to rise about a foot off the ground.

It was just a bad product.
SubtleT is offline Find More Posts by SubtleT
Old Sep 12, 2011, 01:54 PM
Find More Posts by manneeb
Joined Sep 2011
5 Posts
Yes, was a little impatient and posted this before I took a better look in here. Should have done that earlier. Have spare motorset will give that a try. Ah well, got infected with the virus afterall. On to the next project...

and thanks for your reply
Happy trails
manneeb is offline Find More Posts by manneeb
Old Sep 12, 2011, 10:39 PM
Find More Posts by LightLake
Joined Jul 2011
252 Posts
my syma s032 always works well,you may need another try.
LightLake is offline Find More Posts by LightLake
Old Sep 26, 2011, 11:17 AM
Find More Posts by HELPET
Joined Sep 2011
9 Posts
Helpet

Hi everyone, i'm new on this site and i've read your replies and i'm getting the same problem on my S032G ie cutting out on full flight etc so i changed the PCB and the problem was still their, so i'm going for the motors next like someone suggested earlier and i will keep you posted on any positive results. While i'm doing all this i missed flying it so i bought another one because i think these heli's are just right size for buzzing around the house.
PS i'm 64 and have got the bug again after a stroke a few years back and before that i was an average flier with the IC choppers but now i think the 6 channel one's have got me beat now so i'm into the SYMA and DH models which give just as much excitement, will post later. helpet
HELPET is offline Find More Posts by HELPET
Old Sep 26, 2011, 01:02 PM
Find More Posts by killbucket
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
My advice is to literally toss any S032, including ones fresh from boxes.
About the time you grow fond of it and start bragging on it, it will turn around and make you look foolish.

These things have been Early Croakers forever, and nobody's EVER revived one for more than a few days.

There's a chance there is more than one s032 drive system- the replacement motors that I got had different pinion gears, despite being marked as s032 parts. Useless.

Appleapple, I hope your copter is a better breed than I got, because you can find MANY of my own early posts, saying MINE were still alive, too. It just turns out other people were getting in more flights per day than I. Mine keeled over, became pretty hovercraft while still looking essentially NEW.

This is just a bad model in my eyes, period. And it's really sad, because it's THE logical step up from S107 in many a potential customer's estimation.

Get a Double Horse 9074 or similar instead, if you wish to stay with 3-channel.
killbucket is offline Find More Posts by killbucket
Last edited by killbucket; Sep 26, 2011 at 07:14 PM.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 02:57 PM
Find More Posts by SubtleT
Vroooom putta putta putta
Joined Feb 2011
1,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by killbucket View Post
And it's really sad, because it's THE logical step up from S107 in many a potential customer's estimation.
Indeed. My first helis were an S107 and S032 and I had an expectation of the S107 as the short-lived "trainer" copter.

Doh!
SubtleT is offline Find More Posts by SubtleT
Old Sep 26, 2011, 08:41 PM
Find More Posts by icedgin
Joined Sep 2011
42 Posts
My 032 still flies like a dream and its gonna be a year old this October. Had it flying 4 to 6 times every weekend for 4 months after I bought it. Still fly it once a week and is still as nimble as my 107 which by the way is 2 months older and still flying well.
icedgin is offline Find More Posts by icedgin
Old Oct 19, 2011, 09:43 AM
Find More Posts by killbucket
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
I find that incredibly hard to believe. But I will not dispute it, as I suppose it's possible for them to ship a "Golden" unit now and then.

Cherish it.
killbucket is offline Find More Posts by killbucket
Old Oct 23, 2011, 09:15 PM
Find More Posts by drumbum
United States, CA, Mill Valley
Joined Feb 2010
736 Posts
I have the s033G and even from new it simply shuts down in flight for a second or two on every flight. It usually recovers before hitting the ground but its very annoying.

Any ideas?
drumbum is online now Find More Posts by drumbum
Old Oct 23, 2011, 09:22 PM
Joined Feb 2010
736 Posts
some video with the gopro.

you can see 2 brief power failures about halfway through.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ko9U6aoFEmg
Old Oct 24, 2011, 11:57 AM
Find More Posts by Ceros007
Montreal, Québec, Canada
Joined Apr 2010
1,471 Posts
I would say interference. How far were you from your heli?
Ceros007 is offline Find More Posts by Ceros007
Old Oct 24, 2011, 08:12 PM
Joined Feb 2010
736 Posts
Ceros,

Sometimes it happens when standing only 15-20 feet away. I took it back to the store today and the guy swapped transmitter and gave it a test flight around the car park. All went well so problem solved we thought.

Then I took it back to the park for more flying but of course, same problem.

The glitch has appeared in 3 different locations now, 2 of which have no power lines or transmitters of any sort nearby.

Arghhhhh.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 07:28 PM
Find More Posts by Ceros007
Montreal, Québec, Canada
Joined Apr 2010
1,471 Posts
Well if it's not the TX, it's probably the RX (receiver).
Ceros007 is offline Find More Posts by Ceros007
Old Oct 27, 2011, 04:07 PM
Find More Posts by JGBII
Some Times it flies Straight
United States, FL, St. Cloud
Joined Oct 2011
11 Posts
I am new at the hobby as well

I hope you figure out the issue with your S031G I am new to the hobby as well; but I have become addicted to it LOL. Currently I have a S111G, S109G, S032G, S026G, S009G and a S031G By Syma, by UDI I have the U1 Black hawk (Medium Size) and the small Huey (Micro) By Double Horse I have the DH 9100 and the 9074 a ESKY Nano Coax, and last but not least I have the JXD Air wolf (Mid Size)

The Symas have all flown well (Very Stable, easy to trim out) with the exception of the pesky habit where they will drop suddenly with out warning (perhaps motors overheating).

The UDIS have both flown well The Micro Huey is a little lite but pretty fast. The Black hawk is a heavy Heli for its size both of them fly pretty well (not as stable when it comes to trimming it out). Parts can be a pain but the site http://www.ujtoys.com/ Should have parts for them.

The Double Horse 9100 is a Fixed blade larger sized and needs lots of space to trim out with NO WIND ( Don't Ask it wasn't pretty). The 9074 is a nice Heli comparable in size to the S032G a little touchy on the stick. The one major issue I had almost right off was the B Motor went out (It rotated and dropped to the floor) and I had to replace the Motor. The shop I got it from refused to give store credit (live and learn But I wont be back to that store) The JXD is OK about on par with the Black Hawk.

All of the above are three channel Hellis and I do enjoy flying them when I get the chance. I am right now learning how to fly 4 channel Helis using the little ESky Nano fly's OK but the blades break very easy.
JGBII is offline Find More Posts by JGBII