SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 01, 2012, 12:26 PM
uk
Joined Nov 2010
427 Posts
Discussion
bagged a pl8

Well after some contemplating between two chargers, I opted for the pl8 and mpa board. While both chargers are good the pl8 won because of forums like this and firmware updates., Where if i'm stuck with something people can help out.
Before i start out I had downloaded the CCS software to try it out. If i have changed something without the charger connected the settings revert back to what the original template was, correct. Or do i need to delete that program and download a fresh copy. I haven't powered the charger up yet.
traxx de maxx is offline Find More Posts by traxx de maxx
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 01, 2012, 12:36 PM
President, FMA, Inc.
Joined Mar 2008
1,059 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by traxx de maxx View Post
Well after some contemplating between two chargers, I opted for the pl8 and mpa board. While both chargers are good the pl8 won because of forums like this and firmware updates., Where if i'm stuck with something people can help out.
Before i start out I had downloaded the CCS software to try it out. If i have changed something without the charger connected the settings revert back to what the original template was, correct. Or do i need to delete that program and download a fresh copy. I haven't powered the charger up yet.
Hi:

Welcome to the PowerLab community! Good question. No worries. Whatever is saved in the PL8 updates the CCS every time you connect. You can not make a change in the CCS until the PL8 is connected. Also, the CCS has error checking. Anything you change in the CCS must pass rigged safety algorithms before it will allow you to update the PL8. We do this because, while it is possible to generate errors when editing presets, it is not actually possible to put those errors into the PL8. In the CCS, you will find the Errors tab. If you ever do inadvertently create an error in a preset that would represent a safety risk, the errors will be listed here. You can double-click on each error and it will take you directly to the parameter that is causing the issue. Only when no errors exist, will the CCS allow the Update button to operate to save changes.

Tim Marks
Tim Marks is offline Find More Posts by Tim Marks
Old Oct 01, 2012, 06:01 PM
uk
Joined Nov 2010
427 Posts
cool thank you, While changing a few things it came up some errors but i changed it back ok. It's so much easier using the software than having to program through the charger itself, which would just confuse me and look forward to charging a few batteries at the same time. Awesome machine.
traxx de maxx is offline Find More Posts by traxx de maxx
Last edited by traxx de maxx; Oct 02, 2012 at 07:22 AM.