HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 06, 2012, 09:13 PM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
7,370 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Biggie View Post
Put 2 differnt packages up. Then you will have everyone looking !

I went back today and flew 2 more packs with 600 before the last flight , right when i landed i heard a pop. After taking the canopy off i found a battery was split . Thats 130.00 dollars done the drain, not cool. Im trying to get refund but its been a long time, arghhhhhhh.damn

Then team synergy threw it down with some of the best 3d ever! They flt so perfect ! One more day ! But now only 2 out of 6 batteires for the 600 are good. Yep that 400 plus dollars wasted. Unless they replace my batts i will never buy hyperion again
Hyperion are supposed to be good packs. If anything, over priced. I'm sure one of the reasons they are so expensive is Hyperion's warranty?

Though i just went poking around and could not find any warrany info on them. In fact i couldn't even find a contact number. It appears all contact with Hyperion is going to have to be done though your distributor. Contact who ever you bought them from. That is the only person that can help you, it seems. Looking around on google it seems like a few people complain about Hyperion packs going dead after 6 months. But it seems to me that ANY lipo can just randomly go bad.
IntegrityHndywrk is offline Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 06, 2012, 09:37 PM
They call me plan B
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
2,358 Posts
Yes im waiting for heli shop to hit me back, i understand they dont want to give me another 400 dollars but they have been taking a while .im in the send pics and wait phase. Your flying is getting good!

Mat botos put his 700 in a tree on the other side of the field,lol one guy had to climb tree to get heli back. They fly soooooo far away.
Heli Biggie is offline Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 07, 2012, 12:26 AM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,370 Posts
Quote:
Yes im waiting for heli shop to hit me back, i understand they dont want to give me another 400 dollars but they have been taking a while .im in the send pics and wait phase. Your flying is getting good!

Mat botos put his 700 in a tree on the other side of the field,lol one guy had to climb tree to get heli back. They fly soooooo far away.
Thats because it's safer. A 700 is likely to kill someone if it makes an impact. It's really no joke. I wonder how much damage the tree had
Old Oct 07, 2012, 09:06 AM
They call me plan B
Joined Mar 2011
2,358 Posts
It was very cool, the synergy team is really nice. I ran across field with them to retrieve heli, it was a wierd day for me! Tree had nothing wrong , heli was stuck right i between 2 branches, he was cracking the sticks to make the heli shake but it never feel out,
When i say they fly so far away i mean they can do the best figure 8 ... A few football fields away, you can only see the smoke from the nitro! Then they are doing 360 piros 1 inch from there noses. What a rush
Im looking at more nano techs or some gens aces for the first time , not bad prices for either.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 07, 2012, 09:15 AM
They call me plan B
Joined Mar 2011
2,358 Posts

Heres the pic
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 07, 2012, 10:02 AM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,370 Posts
Quote:

Heres the pic
NICE!. That looks like your pack puffed so much that the outside liner split. The lipo pouch didn't break because you still have a reading on all cells. I'd bet the pack will even charge and fly again. But don't try! lol.
Old Oct 07, 2012, 11:40 AM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,370 Posts
Today I flew my old v450 using tho2 port. After factory defaulting the ESC I changed the required settings and flew without gov mode. The throttle felt much smoother than before. The strange throttling/reviving that was always bothering me.without the gov. was no longer present.

So I sat here thinking. Why do we use thro1 after calibration of throttle end points on the ESC using tho2? Actually thinking about it now. Knowing that the threshold is different for both ports, this seems pointless to not just use thro2 for flying. Especially since the ESC has protections built in. Using the WK protections in the RX seems redundant. Plus then you are changing the actual threshold of your throttle programming by switching ports after calibration. So all of this sounds logical to me. Can anyone disprove it or know something I don't?
Old Oct 07, 2012, 05:11 PM
NYC
Joined Aug 2010
2,272 Posts
Tail issues

Why is belt starts to wrap around belt tension wheel after flying? Also tail would stop pulling. I had to hold main blades and manually crank the tail clock wise, is this tension issue? I try both tightening and lossening belt tension, no difference. Tail actually stop working during mid flight once, I was able land it.
Torch8 is offline Find More Posts by Torch8
Old Oct 07, 2012, 05:52 PM
They call me plan B
Joined Mar 2011
2,358 Posts
Maybe teeth missing on belt?

This is from event.

Nick Maxwell and Matt Botos Tandem flight- GEORGIA Heli SWARM (5 min 32 sec)

Wow it was great ,they wrecked about 5 helis pushing them to limits!
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 07, 2012, 08:36 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,370 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch8 View Post
Why is belt starts to wrap around belt tension wheel after flying? Also tail would stop pulling. I had to hold main blades and manually crank the tail clock wise, is this tension issue? I try both tightening and lossening belt tension, no difference. Tail actually stop working during mid flight once, I was able land it.
Sounds like the belt might need to be replaced. Do you see black dust everywhere inside the heli and tail? using a light you might be able to see if the teeth are still okay on the belt. It's hard to help with tail issues. Maybe pictures might help if we don't understand.
Old Oct 07, 2012, 09:00 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,370 Posts
Quote:
Maybe teeth missing on belt?

This is from event.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOhE_...e_gdata_player

Wow it was great ,they wrecked about 5 helis pushing them to limits!
Ha, That was a pretty cool video. It's not often i get to see tandem flights. I grabbed a bunch of screen shots from it. I'll crop them later or something. I just thought you might want them too, or pass them along to the guys. Kind of blurry but really cool shots! ESPECIALLY the stacked inverted hover. Just before the blade strike the top heli took off just in time to allow the bottom heli to punch out as his blades hit the ground! He actually almost lost the heli there! Head speed dropped out a whole lot. That was really cool.
Old Oct 07, 2012, 10:42 PM
NYC
Joined Aug 2010
2,272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
Sounds like the belt might need to be replaced. Do you see black dust everywhere inside the heli and tail? using a light you might be able to see if the teeth are still okay on the belt. It's hard to help with tail issues. Maybe pictures might help if we don't understand.
Yes black stuff. Going to replace belt.
Torch8 is offline Find More Posts by Torch8
Old Oct 08, 2012, 03:55 AM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,370 Posts
Well, Both are for sale and here they are. Both are done, test flown and working. I flew the white one 3 packs today and it flew nicely. I shot my "proof of flight" videos today and will be uploading them tonight. I'll take more pictures tomorrow and list them for sale.

Old Oct 08, 2012, 11:09 AM
Genius CP, V450D01, CB180Z
Canada, BC, Nelson
Joined Apr 2012
208 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
Well, Both are for sale and here they are. Both are done, test flown and working. I flew the white one 3 packs today and it flew nicely. I shot my "proof of flight" videos today and will be uploading them tonight. I'll take more pictures tomorrow and list them for sale.

How many dollars worth of parts come with these? At $1000 this much more than it would cost for 2 new units with 2 x new 2801 transmitters with metal gears, with Turbo Ace motors. I know you have added new, better servos etc, but I thought used stuff always sold for much less than new?

What am I missing? I have a buddy thats buying a V450D right now, but thought that there would be big savings buying a used one.
bradheli1 is offline Find More Posts by bradheli1
Old Oct 08, 2012, 11:55 AM
Joined Apr 2011
1,643 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradheli1 View Post
How many dollars worth of parts come with these? At $1000 this much more than it would cost for 2 new units with 2 x new 2801 transmitters with metal gears, with Turbo Ace motors. I know you have added new, better servos etc, but I thought used stuff always sold for much less than new?

What am I missing? I have a buddy thats buying a V450D right now, but thought that there would be big savings buying a used one.
I don't get it either especially with all the negative press this thing has been getting the last 6 months. Maybe it's a new reality. I hope they sell for a good price because it will be better for the rest of US when we decide to sell, but I have my doubts.
clearprop88 is offline Find More Posts by clearprop88