Old Yesterday, 06:14 PM
Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
4,224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yucafrita View Post
Hello!
Planning to get this jet soon, but none of my 6s lipos will work (they are too small)
Can anybody please recommend some decent lipos for this bird that will fit without any modifications to the airframe? I was looking at the admirals but something a bit cheaper would be nice since I'm planning two order at least two.....
Also with what kind of connectors does the stock ESC come?
Thanks!
What do you mean by "too small"???...If they are 6S 30C 2500mAh batts you can wire them in parallel and have a total of 5000mAh w/30C...These would work great...I had some 70mm ducted fan planes that used 30-40C 2200mAh batts and used them in larger planes by wiring them in parallel to double or even triple the mAh capacity for my larger planes...But they should be of the same make, C rating, and mAh rating...

So, for us to adequately answer your question---What do you mean by "too small"???

Kevin
Kevin Greene is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 08:17 PM
Find More Posts by yucafrita
USA, FL, Doral
Joined Jul 2006
1,318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-CAT View Post
I have Dinogy, Revo, and Glacier Lipos for my planes that draw high current, but I have no issues using some of the lower priced batteries in my airplanes that don't draw high current. In lower current power setups, the difference in performance isn't as prevalent as in high current power systems. The difference is still there of course, just not as noticeable. If the poster who asked the question wants to save a few bucks (which he did state he wanted) and doesn't have plans to use the batteries with high current power systems, going with a lower end known LiPo of sorts is a decent option.
Thanks, NO I don't want to use it the lipos with higher powered setups, this bad boy stock would be my high powered setup! (mi only other 6 s planes are the carbon z cub and the splendor, my Habu and meteor are 5S setups) so I guess the 5800 mah compact zippys could be an option.....
yucafrita is offline Find More Posts by yucafrita
Old Yesterday, 08:19 PM
Find More Posts by yucafrita
USA, FL, Doral
Joined Jul 2006
1,318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Greene View Post
What do you mean by "too small"???...If they are 6S 30C 2500mAh batts you can wire them in parallel and have a total of 5000mAh w/30C...These would work great...I had some 70mm ducted fan planes that used 30-40C 2200mAh batts and used them in larger planes by wiring them in parallel to double or even triple the mAh capacity for my larger planes...But they should be of the same make, C rating, and mAh rating...

So, for us to adequately answer your question---What do you mean by "too small"???

Kevin
They are Thunder power 2700 mah 6s lipos that I use on my Eflite splendor.........I have not thought about the parallel wiring option, is this safe at those high amp levels?
yucafrita is offline Find More Posts by yucafrita
Old Yesterday, 08:34 PM
Find More Posts by capt soap
dallas tx
Joined Jun 2003
3,018 Posts
Can somebody tell me thr torque of the freewing 9 gram servo???
capt soap is offline Find More Posts by capt soap
Old Yesterday, 09:03 PM
Find More Posts by T-CAT
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2008
6,509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yucafrita View Post
They are Thunder power 2700 mah 6s lipos that I use on my Eflite splendor.........I have not thought about the parallel wiring option, is this safe at those high amp levels?
With those batteries, you would put two of those in parallel and likely be just fine with weight and balance. You'll have 5400mAh. That's a plenty safe option in my opinion. There are many parallel harnesses premade if you want to purchase one, but that also depends on which connectors you plan to use. You can also make your own, but be sure to research reputable sources on how to do so, so there are no faults. You don't want to accidently connect them in series, or other mistakes.
T-CAT is offline Find More Posts by T-CAT
Old Yesterday, 11:23 PM
Find More Posts by HellHathNoFury
Joined Dec 2013
4,752 Posts
Makes for an interesting experience if you connect up the wrong polarities...
HellHathNoFury is online now Find More Posts by HellHathNoFury
Old Today, 12:26 AM
Find More Posts by StarHopper44
Earthbound Skyhound
United States, NC, Richlands
Joined Jun 2011
6,677 Posts
And not necessarily pleasant, mind you.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . \
. . . . . . . . . . .. .. . .
StarHopper44 is offline Find More Posts by StarHopper44
RCG Plus Member