Old Today, 04:08 AM
Find More Posts by MrSato
Trying to make sense of it all
Japan, Kanagawa Prefecture, Yokohama
Joined Oct 2009
191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmon77 View Post
They're 7x20mm can, with 1mm diameter shafts.
That's what I suspected. I guess when I finally need to replace these I'll get the ones stuartambient linked.

BTW, does it irritate anyone that I've now had my X1 for like, a year and a half, flying it on avg about 2x a week, and none of my motors have gone bad? O.o In fact, except for replacing the props with the ones that came with it, I haven't had to replace any parts at all! That doesn't mean I haven't broken anything. I crash it PUHLENTEEEE! I broke one of the motor mounts, but now I just have wire ties on all of them (for strength and balance, plus fixing the broken one). One of the struts came out too, but I just pushed it back in. LOL Plus I've stripped it bare as can be, so not much else to break.

Damn, every time I write something like this I get all emotional about my xONE. I have real quads (mini fpv racers, carbon fiber, etc.), but they are SO not the same. They actually fly better, faster, farther, etc. But they also cost way more and parts are much more expensive, not to mention you can't fix things with superglue, etc... and with all that comes fear of crashing. That's something I never have with my X1.
MrSato is online now Find More Posts by MrSato
Last edited by MrSato; Today at 04:18 AM. Reason: added the BTW
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 04:12 AM
Find More Posts by MrSato
Trying to make sense of it all
Japan, Kanagawa Prefecture, Yokohama
Joined Oct 2009
191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonblade View Post
... the one I replaced it with had a very different 'personality'. Despite flying it in the same location as the previous one in similar conditions, the new X1 was like a demon. Really twitchy and full of energy.
Oh no! I was seriously considering buying a new one for my daughter to learn on! There'd be no point if that's the case. I wonder, have you tried binding to a "real" TX? I don't know that it would make that much of a difference, because for me, binding to my FS-i6 mostly just gave me more range and better "feel". I guess she'll just have to inherit my [beloved] junker!!

Boy, that is just bad news no matter how I read it. I hope you just got a bad one... PLEASE someone chime in with a recent purchase that was docile! I don't want to give up my xONE! It's MINE!!!!
MrSato is online now Find More Posts by MrSato