Old Today, 12:50 AM
Find More Posts by Petem
If it flies - I want one!
Australia, VIC, Werribee
Joined Jul 2008
1,264 Posts
Motor mounting bits

G'day Oakie_doke,
All the bits that finished up on your rectangular plastic box lid can be put away for possible use on other projects (or just to clutter up your workshop and storage). Ditto, the cross-mount on the front can be removed and put away.
The tapered collet bit is designed to slip onto the shaft directly and tighten up with the big nut on the front. If the collet is not a snug fit on the shaft (looks on the video as if it might be a 4mm collet and a 3mm shaft?) then you need a different collet or prop assembly.
The three discs: ply, metal and plastic moulded, did not match anything on my fuselage or motor, so also went into storage. If one or more of them matches your motor they can go either side of the firewall to reinforce the motor mounting to the plastic fuselage. I had to make a new firewall to match my motor, and drill the fuselage to match (different motor, notes and pics many pages back).
So, with motor mounted behind firewall, with shaft poking through, prop assembly slips onto shaft and is tightened with big nut. Front half of spinner screws on over the top for a neat finish.
Petem is online now Find More Posts by Petem
to remove ads between posts