New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 23, 2015, 08:30 PM
Find More Posts by agedflier
Australia, VIC, Bendigo
Joined Jan 2012
3,041 Posts
Originally Posted by Kurt View Post
yeah they can be a b#&@!

No centering spring on mine, but I bent 4mm piano wire into a curved L shape for the nose gear "strut" so the wheel is more or less centered L/R in the cavity. Was still getting some hanging up of the tire when it twisted slightly on retracting, so glued a piece of 5mm x2mm carbon strip vertically inside the edge it was catching on to guide it in. Wouldn't help if the tire is catching on the outer edge of the fuse, but mine was getting about 3/4 of the way in before catching so it works on mine.
I think I copied your idea Kurt using something to "steady" the rod.
agedflier is online now Find More Posts by agedflier
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 11:42 AM
Find More Posts by olwarbirds
Newton and I are good friends
United States, NC, Asheville
Joined Jan 2009
2,207 Posts
Late post, but why not just use a reversed servo instead of a servo reverser or re-soldering those dang touchy lil pita ckt boards ... just a thought, I am in process of building my P-38 still !. I had got one of those redbull pieces of junk from towers and what a waste of my monies it has been. I am working on the nose steering retracts myself..will post pics of what I come up with eventually... DJ
olwarbirds is offline Find More Posts by olwarbirds