HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Today, 11:22 AM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
17,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregertman View Post
Yes you read that correctly I do build racing engines. I mostly do drag racing engines .
We probably need to talk racing some time. About every 15 years I change hobbies from planes to car racing and back again. My love of motor racing is pretty close to my love of model aviation.

I know it is sort of staged, but I love the "Street Outlaws" show. If nothing else, it's very entertaining. the cars are badass.
Doc Austin is online now Find More Posts by Doc Austin
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 11:25 AM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
17,497 Posts
We have been shooting a lot of sunset video, and I turned two of them into slow motion. I've written up a bit to show you what to look for in a slo-mo video to finish off January's blogging. Please check it out and send the kink to your friends.

Old Today, 11:57 AM
United States, IL, Glenwood
Joined Nov 2013
1,049 Posts
That show is 100% staged as you said. When they came to Chicago the police closed the road and there was 4 ambulances there on stand by. Then when the weather turned they canceled. Then when the Chicago guys went to OKC they were paid to go. The purple 92 Chevrolet Camaro that was kicking Monza's arss drove buy bobby DeAndre. I do that motor for that car it is a 632 that makes 1223 hp NA and he normally sprays a .046 nos jet. That is 650 hp and runs 7.35 @ 192 mph at a wt of 3250 lbs. on that race he had only a .030 jet about 300 hp so it would run about 7.80s if you noticed he was kicking the crap out of monza then (then nos stopped) yea that tends to happen when you get paid 10 g to loose and if you win you owe the tv producers 25 g. So it's fake as crap. But still entertaining nun the less.
Gregertman is online now Find More Posts by Gregertman
Old Today, 12:33 PM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
17,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregertman View Post
So it's (Street Outlaws) fake as crap. But still entertaining nun the less.
They were running a marathon when I was in the hospital so I got to see all of last season about five times!

The one thing that stood out was how well lit up it was where they were racing and they were there for hours. I would imagine that's just begging to get caught, but it never seems to happen.

Chief and Chuck were on an episode of "Fast N Loud: Demolition Theatre." Chief so funny and so natural I think we will see him in TV after Street Outlaws is over. Part of what makes the show easy to watch is how much fun they seem to have.
Old Today, 12:51 PM
United States, IL, Glenwood
Joined Nov 2013
1,049 Posts
Yep the cops close down the road for 8 hrs. They bring in all kinds of generators and light up the sky. Then they prep the road for about 2 hrs . Then everybody gets to make practice passes. For about 2 or 3 hrs. Then the racing begins. For every race you see on tv there was usually 3 races of each cars paring. Then the producers pic witch ones they want to air sometimes a combo of 2 or more runs patched together. Witch ever looks better and gets the results they want. Big chief is a hoot he is fun as hell to hang out with. Shaun ( murder nova ) not so much he was completely different when the cameras were off. But he might of just been in a bad mood that day. Farm truck there's something just not right with that guy. Not sure what it is but he is one strange dude. So there is no worry about getting caught because the cops close the road and are there watching all the action take place.
Gregertman is online now Find More Posts by Gregertman