HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 13, 2007, 10:07 PM
Bristol, Maine
Joined Dec 2004
285 Posts
New Product
Futaba bleeding stopper! 2.4 GHZ 6EX-6

See attached URL for Futaba Spread Spectrum Systems.
Had to stop the rush to Spektrum/JR. Heavy $ for 6 Ch complete but available as TX/RC only?? 6EX-6 on 2.4 GHZ.. John Sard

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXPZT8&P=3
daddysard is offline Find More Posts by daddysard
Last edited by daddysard; Feb 13, 2007 at 10:32 PM. Reason: Bad thumbs
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 14, 2007, 12:51 AM
Heli's rule!
Midvale, Utah, USA
Joined Mar 2005
8,591 Posts
Pretty dumb of futaba to take the worst 6 channel computer radio made (feature-wise), and make it 2.4 ghz... its the Dx6 all over again, great technology in a crappy radio.... give us a 2.4 ghz 9C and ill be impressed....
dacaur is offline Find More Posts by dacaur
Old Feb 14, 2007, 01:24 AM
Fly it like you stole it..
Florence, Al
Joined Oct 2000
29,298 Posts
Yeh, 2.4hz 9C and we'll talk, but only for a minute..

A $100 3 channel RX??? Riiighht...

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXLZP0&P=7
Tram is offline Find More Posts by Tram
Old Feb 14, 2007, 02:25 AM
Heli's rule!
Midvale, Utah, USA
Joined Mar 2005
8,591 Posts
thats for their ground based system, rc cars and trucks are only 3 channels, you can bet the 6 channel aircraft rx's will be $100 or less.
Old Feb 14, 2007, 09:10 AM
Are you one of these
loveland colorado
Joined Nov 2003
399 Posts
So I went to the Futaba website, and I could not find anything saying they had a 2.4GHZ
system. I guess they are not interested in selling them, strange.
rcboatnut is offline Find More Posts by rcboatnut
Old Feb 14, 2007, 09:18 AM
Suspended Account
Greenview,IL
Joined Feb 2006
1,247 Posts
I would like to go and get a 2.4ghz radio but the price for Rxs is just nuts, I'll stick with 72 until the prices come down in ohh 2-3 years when everybody and their brother is producing 2.4ghz equipment. But thats just me.
I personally disagree about the 6ex-6 being a crappy radio. I own one and have been very pleased with it, unlike the JR radios my cousin has this thing was a breeze to setup and program. It could use more features but do you really need alot if your flying park or slowflyers?
Water Boy is offline Find More Posts by Water Boy
Old Feb 14, 2007, 09:23 AM
A Clinger
Butte, MT
Joined Sep 2001
7,072 Posts
How much of the market actually owns expensive 9C and on up radios? Bet not many. Introduce a product which 'most' people can afford first (although >$220 is still a bit costly) . Then go for the niche market for the 'above and beyond' crowd . Sound like a good strategy to me...

Quote:
do you really need alot if your flying park or slowflyers?
Nope . Nor for most other planes as well.... Remember we flew planes 'just fine' on analog radios and thought it was great . But having digital trim and memory models ... well now ... that makes the sell for me! As cheap as Flash memory is ... you'd think designers would allow more than 6-10 models on a radio (heck stick a $20 1G USB thumb drive on one for lots and lots of models!) .
rclark is offline Find More Posts by rclark
Last edited by rclark; Feb 14, 2007 at 10:24 AM.
Old Feb 14, 2007, 09:24 AM
Ohio
Joined May 2003
2,083 Posts
The only FASST system on their web site is the 2.4GHz module for their surface Tx Futaba 3PK here:

http://www.futaba-rc.com/radioaccys/futl8926.html

They also have a 2 page PDF insturction manual for the surface module. Tower Hobbies is taking orders for the non module Futaba 3PM 3 channel 2.4GHz available in mid March here:

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...p?&I=LXPZT7&P=

Ed
no stick is offline Find More Posts by no stick
Old Feb 14, 2007, 09:36 AM
Bristol, Maine
Joined Dec 2004
285 Posts
I have heard that producing a 6 channel system is/was easy but 7 and up, not! Seems Futaba would have gone with a 7 or better, maybe Spektrum does have a patent on something?
Tower/GP/Hobbico/Futaba etc.etc. needed to announce something in 2.4 for Air. Maybe they could hold off Horizon/JR/Spektrum steamroller. Biggest seller world wide of Futaba (Their claim) with no answer to JR Air 2.4? Not god PR. John Sard
daddysard is offline Find More Posts by daddysard
Old Feb 14, 2007, 09:57 AM
Needs a vacation
In a house
Joined Nov 2005
2,246 Posts
Futaba has a whole line of 2.4Ghz radios on the table.

Look here-post #10 for pics
thermlin' is offline Find More Posts by thermlin'
Old Feb 14, 2007, 10:06 AM
Old fart. VAAATSP
Deep in the Heart of Texas
Joined Jun 2004
1,968 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by no stick
The only FASST system on their web site is the 2.4GHz module for their surface Tx Futaba 3PK here:

http://www.futaba-rc.com/radioaccys/futl8926.html

They also have a 2 page PDF insturction manual for the surface module. Tower Hobbies is taking orders for the non module Futaba 3PM 3 channel 2.4GHz available in mid March here:

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...p?&I=LXPZT7&P=

Ed
Looks like you missed this one at tower:

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXPZT8&P=7

Later;

D.W.
d_wheel is offline Find More Posts by d_wheel
Old Feb 14, 2007, 11:13 AM
Fly it like you stole it..
Florence, Al
Joined Oct 2000
29,298 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rclark
How much of the market actually owns expensive 9C and on up radios? Bet not many..
I bet you'd be surprised.. More than you think..

I've got a 9CAP, but I think my next radio may actually be a 6 channel something.. I have not used half the features of my 9CAP... I just like the model memory..
Tram is offline Find More Posts by Tram
Old Feb 14, 2007, 11:24 AM
Heli's rule!
Midvale, Utah, USA
Joined Mar 2005
8,591 Posts
Futaba would have been much better off creating just a 2.4ghz module and RX, that way 9c users, as well as many hitec users would snap them up, even if they cost $200 and $100 for RX's.... how many people shelved their expensive computer radios and suffered with the DX6 just get get the safety and reliability of 2.4 GHz, I can tell you, there were LOTS... and as soon as a module based 2.4GHz system comes out, a lot of those same people will be selling their DX6/7's and buying a module....

As for the Futaba 6 channels being the worst there is, well, im not saying the radio itself is junk, im saying that if you were to rank the 6 channel computer radios out there, the futaba would be at the bottom of the list. want reasons? how about only 4 switches, one being a trainer switch in the airplane version, how about no trainer option in the heli version? How about having NO knobs or sliders in the heli version, or the 2.4ghz version? these are all features that other radios in this price class have, so why would you buy one that doesn't? That's why i say the futaba 6 channel radios are the worst choice available....
Old Feb 14, 2007, 11:25 AM
EDF all the way!
Gilbert, Az
Joined Jun 1999
7,928 Posts
Also remember that the new Futaba is a full range system not a park flier system like the DX 6. If you order it now and use their $30.00 off coupon it's cost is $189.00
Bob
bruff is offline Find More Posts by bruff
Old Feb 14, 2007, 11:42 AM
United States
Joined May 2000
5,138 Posts
A lot more than you'd think. go to any helicopter event and you'll see all 9C or above except maybe, just maybe,.. 1% lower caliber trannies. When i sort of switched from heli's to electric planks a few years back I was amazed that very few e-flyers use top end equipment, whereas with helis, or pattern,..or imac,.. it's ALL top-end equipment. Even at our local field, if there are 10 people flying on a given weekend day, at least 5 will have 9C or above. That's a bit different during the weekdays, but the population at the field is a bit different during the week.
I fly with a 14MZ and a 9Z personally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tram
I bet you'd be surprised.. More than you think..

I've got a 9CAP, but I think my next radio may actually be a 6 channel something.. I have not used half the features of my 9CAP... I just like the model memory..
GWRIGHT is offline Find More Posts by GWRIGHT